SORT BY Relevancy
Fresh off of the huge article in the Greanville Post, the Election Boycott Advocates are back on Carson's Corner for another 2-hour lively debate/discussion. Last week, much of the discussion during the first hour centered around whether 3rd parties can produce meaningful results in the system, and the idea that the Election Boycott Advocates are doing nothing to change the system. First, as was pointed out by cohost Chris Driscoll, working class 3rd parties have had little success in electing anything other than a handful of people. Part of the reason our voter turnout is so low in America, is that people realize they don't have a real choice in elections. Unlike in other countries that have a much higher turnout, there are no working class parties in America. In fact, not only is there no working class party, as Noam Chomsky points out, the term "working class" is taboo among the ruling class. The working class in America is suffering a class-based assault that cannot be discussed in the corporate media.
As for the idea that the Election Boycott Advocates are not doing anything to change the system, Thomas Baldwin notes, the group is putting out statements that seek to explain why our system is so corrupt and how participating in the system will not lead to favorable results. Such statements have been picked up by websites, including the Greanville Post, which has the Democratic Party nervous. Parties, institutions, and vested individuals have a lot to lose by tearing down the system-we the working class people do not. The billionaires have choices- we do not.
Tune in at 9pm EST.
I thought maybe I'd just take tonight's show and make it an open format kind of thing. Call in and we can talk about whatever is on your mind. If there aren't a lot of calls, I may just play a lot of clips for you. Oldies but goodies from the Pinko the Bear audio archives.
Showtime is 11 PM Eastern... got a subject you want to explore? A topic you want to debate? A question you want to ask me? An accusation you would like to make? :) Click the player at 11 pm OR go to the URL and get in the Chat Room while the show streams.
Suitable for cruising Facebook or any other evening activity you might be doing at the time.
in Self Help
Host Monica Richardson will interview Carl Hart (born 1966) is an associate professor of psychology and psychiatry at Columbia University. Hart is known for his research in drug abuse and drug addiction. Hart was the first tenured African American professor of sciences at Columbia University. Carl Hart has won the NAACP Image Award for outstanding literary work and Hart was the first tenured African American professor of sciences at Columbia University. Check out his Ted Talks and interview on Democracy Now. Monica Richardson has just completed her first Documentary Film called "The 13th Step." She appeared on Katie Couric with Gabrielle Glaser last summer.
Join The Commissioner Ed Gray, producer Big C and friends at the Living Room Cigar Lounge 1902 S. Lamar St, Dallas, Tx 75215. Call (646) 668-8917 to listen in and be a part of the conversation from where ever you are.
Join us with guest former Congressional candidate Kenneth Sanders and Glenn Heights Councilman Mike Jones as we discuss the purpose & the power of voting ID laws.
Voting Rights Laws Videos
LET ME VOTE
Get out The Vote Strategies and Tactics
Mrs. Gregory has been a advocate for the people her entire life.Working her in entire career in the field of social service services gave her a first hand look at the problems that impact the least among us and how they have been disenfranchised. Mrs. Gregory grew up in the Civil Rights movement and as an adolescent, her mother allowed her the opportunity to meet civil rights leaders and be apart of historical events like Martin Luther King's march on Washington.
North Carolina has been blessed to have Mrs. Gregory as a part of our historic sit-in movement, as a leader and life time member of the NAACP, an advocate for women's rights and a leader in her church, the United House of Prayer for All People. Political strategy and turning out the vote has been a lifelong calling for Mrs. Gregory.
Mrs. Gregory played a crucial role in building North Carolina's first faith based coalition to fight for Sunday voting and has devoted her time free of charge to teach people the tactics of canvassing, phone banking, media relations and coalition building.
Mrs. Gregory has received numerous national and state awards from her involvement as an Eastern Star, leadership in the NAACP, a member of her church and advocate for the citizens of North Carolina. Mrs. Gregory has been the recipient of the Rosa Parks Award and North Carolina's highest honor tha can be presented to a citizen- The Order of the Long Leaf Pine.
Please join us on Tuesday to hear from Mrs. Gregory the important strategies and tactics that should be employed in you upcoming Get Out The Vote campaigns.
7:30PM to 9:30PM
The National African American Forum was formed to address the concerns of the New Jim Crow ” Mass Incarceration in the Age of Color Blindness
According to Michelle Alexander, New York Times Best Seller, and winner of the NAACP image award, states that the war on drugs during the Reagan Administration set into motion blatant discrimination within the caste system in the criminal justice system, education, economic development, housing, health, and the political process. According to Alexander individuals that was classified as a convicted felon after release could not receive public assistance in health, housing, and education, furthermore those individuals could not apply for loans to start a business, and did not have the right to vote.
A vast majority of those individuals were African Americans. Through new Jim Crow African Americans have been left behind in all institutions of life.
The National African American Forum is setting out to undo the wrongs of the New Jim Crow.
Call Instructions: Call 347 855-8118. While waiting to speak please press mute on your phone to avoid background noise from being heard, or you may listen live from your computer and call in when ready to talk. Please like, comment, and share with others. Thanks! We look forward to you joining in!
Business of Monday Money Watch[Talk] - Apostle SB Barber talks with power one part of the power couple Mychael & Stephanie Wright, owners of Golden Thyme on Selby. "If Cheers was a Jazz-themed coffee shop, they'd rename it after this place. The best thing about GT is the community they've established. More than likely, one of the owners will take your order and they will do so with sincere enthusiasm. They greet countless customers by their first name. You might find yourself, as I have, sitting among officials from the NAACP, boxing enthusiasts, landscapers, students from St. Thomas, or political candidates strategizing for a debate." --Review from Ryan.
Plus, Stephanie and Mychael Wright are founders of the Selby Avenue Jazz Fest. They work hard every year to make the Fest happen - A FREE full day of jazz from neighborhood, regional, national and international artists.
Visit Web site:
Dr. Chaps reports on these important issues:
* A state judge has ruled to legalize child-killing, striking down an abortion ban in North Dakota.
* An embryo baby is harvested for spare parts to save a sibling in New Zealand.
* Enrollment in Girl Scouts has declined after a boycott.
First, regarding the Islamic State Army, I reported that our air campaign was not at full strength and the Syrian town Kobane, was about to fall when American air power finally stepped up" effort to save the town. My analysis that the CDC was incompetent against Ebola in America and now two nurses have contracted the disease and were allowed to travel!! I criticize Obama for failing to address Ebola by stopping flights to America from affected nations. I also update you all on the controversy with Houston Mayor Annise Parker who is struggling to move her homosexual agenda through the courts and has subpoenaed the sermons of local pastors which is clearly a violation of First Amendment protections. I go on to read to you all about the IMPORTANCE OF THE LATINO VOTE. I also address the presence of the anti-immigration forces of the Tanton Network inside the Democrat Party and how they seek to demonize Latinos and diminish our Rights. Do not to trust either major political party. Finally An important piece about the presence of the evil Planned Parenthood among the Girl Scouts Lastly, a Pro-Life black man faces attacks from the NAACP for promoting Planned Parenthood which attacks black population in America.
It has been over one month now that the Election Boycott Advocates have been appearing on Carson's Corner, and with each week, the message is getting louder. More and more websites are covering the Election Boycott Advocates on Carson's Corner, as it is the only place where this sort of resistance is taking place. Last week, Election Boycott Advocates welcomed Jeff Howard, occupier, activist and Obama supporter to the show, and Harry Cason, member/supporter of the Zeitgeist Movement, and Thomas Baldwin, election boycott advocate and blogger. What ensued was a passionate debate/discussion that didn't tear the parties apart, but rather solidified the parties around the notion of an ongoing debate and the dire need for change. This week will be no different, as hosts Bob Carson and Christopher Alan Driscoll welcome the same panel, Jeff Howard, Thomas Baldwin, and Harry Cason to the show, plus a new panelist, Jill Dalton.
Here is Jill Dalton's bio: Jill Dalton is a writer/actress/army brat/activist/truth teller. She can be seen in and consulted for William Hurt on the HBO film, Too Big To Fail, about the global financial meltdown. Her articles have appeared @ Dandelion Salad, OpEdNews, RSN, NationofChange. Her eBook, Is It Fascism Yet? is available on amazon.com. Her play, Collateral Damage, was a semi finalist at the 2014 O’Neill Playwrights Conference.
Please make sure to visit Thomas Baldwin's site as it features some great progressive commentary about working class issues. http://proactvoice.wordpress.com/
Also make sure to check out Zeitgeist material at http://www.thezeitgeistmovement.com/
Playwright Rickerby Hinds and NAACP Criminal Justice Chair Terry Taalib Major - Standing Up For Justice!
Wednesday October 15, 6-9pm PCT
Special performance of DREAMSCAPE
Cesar Chavez Community Center Auditorium
2o60 University Ave. Riverside, CA
Dreamscape depicts the true story of the death and inner life of a young woman, "Myeisha Mills," who dreams through the impact of the twelve bullets that killed her. Through beat-boxing, spoken word and dance, the performance is structured around an autopsy report recited by a dispassionate coroner following the trajectory and impact of the bullets – each one triggering its own unique memory.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Bigfoot Hotspot (107 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (83 chatters)
- John Baptist (78 chatters)
- thelordshour (27 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (16 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (15 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (15 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (11 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (10 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (10 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (9 chatters)
- FSF Radio (8 chatters)
- 63489 (8 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (8 chatters)
- Sovereign Gods (8 chatters)
- Rabbi Aryel Nachman (7 chatters)
- InfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (7 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (7 chatters)
- Bill Murray (7 chatters)
- Angel Amy (7 chatters)
- The Sensuous Mystic Sex Spirit (7 chatters)
- thedean (7 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (7 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (7 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (6 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (5 chatters)
- Sister thunder Radio (5 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (5 chatters)
- DDP Radio (5 chatters)
- Living Well Talk Radio (5 chatters)
- Station IWDM (5 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (4 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (4 chatters)
- Matt4America (4 chatters)
- Mega Powers Radio (4 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (4 chatters)
- canadianglen (4 chatters)
- Elegeant (4 chatters)
- The Literary Corner (4 chatters)
- Uncensored Radio (3 chatters)
- Wake Up To The Truth (3 chatters)
- EIE Save Our Children (3 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (3 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (3 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (3 chatters)
- AmericanPatriotRadio (3 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (3 chatters)
- OUR Talk Radio Show (3 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (2 chatters)
- Levitating Mindsets Network (2 chatters)
- MCMJimmy (2 chatters)
- 64667 (2 chatters)
- Body of Christ (2 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (2 chatters)
- Dirtyredz (2 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (2 chatters)
- Chick Shyt (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (2 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (2 chatters)
- Variety Radio Online (2 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (2 chatters)
- TWR Radio (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- sun752 (2 chatters)
- The Rush UTEP Miners Radio (2 chatters)
- The URC Show (1 chatters)
- The ANSWERS Show (1 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (1 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (1 chatters)
- Urban Homeschool Living (1 chatters)
- Vaccine Truth News (1 chatters)
- Welcome to Docradio Network (1 chatters)
- Get It Together Girl (1 chatters)
- fairtax4ca (1 chatters)
- Fantasy Sports Warehouse Radio (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Dolphin Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (1 chatters)
- Challenging the Rhetoric (1 chatters)
- Bridge Between Two Worlds Radio (1 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (1 chatters)
- Apocalypse Nana (1 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (1 chatters)
- Bnai Tikvah (1 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (1 chatters)
- MSL Rules No BS League Talk Show (1 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- Political T and T (1 chatters)
- Odwirafo (1 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (1 chatters)
- Really Doe Radio (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- Rose Chat (1 chatters)
- RotoExpertsXcom FantasySports Show (1 chatters)
- Steves segments (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)