SORT BY Relevancy
We are excited to feature Dr. Vincent Rajkumar of Mayo Clinic on The Cure Panel Talk Show. Dr. Rajkumar will be addressing the topic, Myeloma Control vs. Cure with our panel of patient experts.
Dr. S. Vincent Rajkumar is a professor of medicine at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. His research focuses on clinical, epidemiological, and laboratory research for myeloma and related disorders.
Panelists: Gary Petersen, Pat Killingsworth, Nick van Dyk, Cynthia Chmielewski, Lizzy Smith
Register here: http://curepanel.carefeed.net/event/rsvp/19/
(or) mail Priya@trialx.com
Cure Panel Talk Show launches its first Live On-Air Myeloma Support Group Meeting.
Myeloma patients from all over the world can now dial-in to the meeting to listen and share their stories or ask questions.
Topic of meeting is: Balancing The Needs Of Patient and Caregiver.
The first meeting will have myeloma survivor and blogger, Pat Killingsworth, Sandy Hirsch, and Sue VanDuyn offering advice for myeloma patients based on their experience.
We are talking about Bone Damage in Myeloma with hematologic oncologist, Dr. Amrita Krishnan, City of Hope. Dr. Krishnan director of City of Hopes Clinical Multiple Myeloma Program, seeks to battle one of the least understood cancers and make gains in one of the most rapidly changing areas in cancer research.
We will be hosting the second Cure Panel Talk show on Myeloma on Sept 25th. This time we will have MyelomaSurvival.com editor, Gary Peterson in conversation with Dr. Hari, a famous Myeloma expert. They will be joined in by a panel of myeloma bloggers/survivors/caregivers who will be discussing improvements in Myeloma survival
We are hosting our next Myeloma Cure Panel Talk Show on 29th Oct at 7 pm EST. We have Pat Killingsworth leading the panel discussion on the very controversial topic,
CURE Vs CONTROL, Can multiple myeloma be cured?
with panelists, Gary Petersen, Nick Van Dyk, and Jack Aiello.
This March our Myeloma Cure Panel topic is:
Working While Living with Myeloma
We have Matt Goldman, myeloma survivor, in conversation with Cancer Legal Resource Center representative Anya Prince, myeloma survivor Amy Garofalo and noted myeloma author and advocate, Pat Killingsworth.
Our August On-Air Myeloma Support Group is discussing ways that patients and caregivers can help boost myeloma research. We have Pat Killingsworth lead the meeting with our guest for the month, Jenny Ahlstrom.
Jenny Ahlstrom was diagnosed with multiple myeloma in 2010. After treatment, she wanted to be prepared with a plan of action in case of relapse. She learned how few patients participate in clinical trials and started mPatient Myeloma Radio as a tool to help her and others learn about the latest in myeloma research. She is also the founder of the Myeloma Crowd site and the CrowdCare Foundation. She is a wife to a busy entrepreneur and investor and is the mother of 6 children. Prior to her favorite job as a mom, she worked for IBM as a systems engineer and marketing representative.
REGISTER HERE! (or) mail email@example.com
The first episode of the Multiple Myeloma Cure Panel with Dr. Ravi Vij of Washington University, St. Louis. In this episode we discuss the latest in Multiple Myeloma developments
We are hosting our November Myeloma Cure Panel Talk Show on 29th Nov at 6pm EST. MyelomaSurvival.com editor, Gary Petersen will be in conversation with myeloma expert, Dr. James Berenson from IMBCR on the topic: Myeloma Treatment Without Transplant. They will be joined by a panel including, Pat Killingsworth, Jack Aiello, Matt Goldman.
Dr. Roger Tiedemann is a scientist at the Ontario Cancer Institute and a hematologist specializing in multiple myeloma and lymphoma within the division of Medical Oncology and Hematology at the Princess Margaret Cancer Center and is an Assistant Professor of Medicine at the University of Toronto with appointments from the Department of Medical Biophysics and in the Department of Medicine. Dr. Tiedemann is a New Zealand-trained hematologist and fellow of both the Royal Australasian College of Physicians and the Royal College of Pathologists of Australasia. Hes an author of a US patent application for a new cell cycle therapeutic. His research focus includes multiple myeloma stems, progenitor cells, genomics and the development of new therapeutic strategies for myeloma based on an understanding of the tumor biology.
RSVP here! (or) mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Shaji K Kumar is Associate Professor of Medicine at the Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and a consultant, Mayo Clinic Division of Hematology. Dr. Kumar is board certified in medical oncology and hematology. He is a member of the American Society of Hematology, American Society of Clinical Oncology, American Association of Clinical Research, American Society of Blood and Marrow Transplantation, American Medical Association, Association of Physicians of India, and the European Hematology Association. His laboratory focuses on development of novel drugs for treatment of myeloma and he has been published in numerous peer-reviewed journals including British Journal of Haematology, Blood, American Journal of Hematology, and Bone Marrow Transplant on this topic.
On the panel are myeloma advocates, Gary Petersen, Pat Killingsworth, Jack Aiello, Nick van Dyk, and Cynthia Chmielewski.
The On-Air Myeloma Support Group meeting with Dr. John W. Killip, discussed Osteonecrosis of Jaw (ONJ), a condition associated with a loss of blood supply to the jaw, causing the jawbone tissue death. Although the prevalence of ONJ is below 1%, it is more common in multiple myeloma patients as compared to breast and prostate cancer patients. Dr. Killip informed that ONJ may be caused by long term use of bisphosphonates, such as Aredia (pamidronate) and Zometa (zoledronic acid) in multiple myeloma patients. It may also be triggered by dental procedures like like tooth extraction or dental implants. He also educated our audience on the importance of good dental care providers & dental hygiene precautions a myeloma patient should take in preventing ONJ.
Support group leader Pat Killingsworth supported by myeloma survivors & advocates Paula Van Riper and Gary Peterson enriched the discussion by bringing in controversial but very practical points related to the effects and efficacy of Aredia and Zometa regimens.
Dr. John W. Killip, D.D.S., has been a long time leader in dental education and an advocate for strengthening effective teaching. Dr. Killip retired on December 1, 2012, as Associate Dean for Student Programs, capping off a 45-year dental career-including over 25 years at the UMKC School of Dentistry-and he currently holds the academic rank of Clinical Professor Emeritus.Diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma Dr. Killip has been treated at the Kansas University Medical Center Hospital, Blood and Marrow Transplant Unit with two autologous stem cell transplants (March of 2008 and October of 2012). He is being treated with a regime of maintenance mediation (Velcade) and is currently in remission.
Visit Cure Panel Talk Show for Information on Upcoming Shows.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (348 chatters)
- Bigfoot Hotspot (55 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (41 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (38 chatters)
- John Baptist (27 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (12 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (11 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (10 chatters)
- 63489 (10 chatters)
- AngelsTeachRadio (9 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (9 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (8 chatters)
- Rabbi Aryel Nachman (6 chatters)
- thedean (6 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (6 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (6 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (6 chatters)
- thelordshour (5 chatters)
- LindaCrystal (5 chatters)
- Living Well Talk Radio (5 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (5 chatters)
- Wake Up To The Truth (5 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (5 chatters)
- Matt4America (4 chatters)
- InfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (4 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (3 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (3 chatters)
- Dominick Calvitto (3 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (3 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (3 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (3 chatters)
- WHEELZ UP RADIO (3 chatters)
- FSF Radio (2 chatters)
- Dolphin Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- EquallyNOT (2 chatters)
- Chick Shyt (2 chatters)
- Body of Christ (2 chatters)
- Angel Amy (2 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (2 chatters)
- Bill Murray (2 chatters)
- Bare It All (2 chatters)
- Levitating Mindsets Network (2 chatters)
- Sister thunder Radio (2 chatters)
- The Rush UTEP Miners Radio (2 chatters)
- The Sensuous Mystic Sex Spirit (2 chatters)
- The Trackside Experience (1 chatters)
- Station IWDM (1 chatters)
- Steves segments (1 chatters)
- The ANSWERS Show (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The Literary Corner (1 chatters)
- TWR Radio (1 chatters)
- Social Geek Radio (1 chatters)
- Spoken Ink (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- Really Doe Radio (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (1 chatters)
- Mega Powers Radio (1 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (1 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (1 chatters)
- Bnai Tikvah (1 chatters)
- Attention Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- 64667 (1 chatters)
- AmericanPatriotRadio (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Fantasy Sports Warehouse Radio (1 chatters)
- EMONSTA (1 chatters)
- Dirtyredz (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- Get It Together Girl (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- Seed Dropper Nation (0 chatters)
- USA Emergency Broadcasting Network (0 chatters)