SORT BY Relevancy
ABOUT TODAY'S SHOW:
Today’s guest is Dr. MaryAnn Block, ‘Medical Detective’. Dr. Block believes the MTHFR gene mutation is a highly significant public health problem that is completely ignored. There are literally millions of people who are suffering from pulmonary embolisms, addictions, fibromyalgia, miscarriages, schizophrenia, severe depression, cancer and autism to name a few. All of these issues may be linked to a MTHFR gene mutation, which expresses these symptoms and health conditions. The lab test to determine which MTHFR mutations are present is only about $150.00, and yet most insurance companies won’t pay for it.
Today, we’ll be talking about what MTHFR is, why it’s important, why women especially should be tested for this gene, and which supplements are important if you discover that you have this gene.
ABOUT PLAID FOR WOMEN:
Plaid for Women radio is produced to give you information, advice and resources to be YOUR wise advisor. Our goal is to help you achieve your goals, gain influence, and be heard.
Every show, we are committed to bringing you new ideas and offering new ways of thinking to give you opportunities to change your thinking and change your life. You CAN live the life you've imagined!
LET’S GET SOCIAL!
CONTACT INFO FOR TODAY’S GUEST:
MaryAnn Block, DO, PA
The Block Center
1750 Norwood Drive Hurst TX 76054
Shawn Bean is wanting to know YOUR honest opinion about MTHFR and methylation as well as other topic related things.What are other practitioners doing which maybe harmful for other people that are wanting to get MTHFR treated?This show will be about callers and clinical nutritionist Shawn Bean will be your host.Our medical disclaimer is available at: http://www.mthfrsupport.com
We've gathered six highly experienced, up-to-date and very knowledgeable practitioners to answer YOUR questions related to MTHFR, epigenetics, hormonal balance, gastrointestinal tract and overall health & wellness.This is a roundtable discussion, where you can ask your questions directed to one of our doctors or nutritionists and they will then answer the question and the other practioners will add their knowledge as well.
Dr. Andrew Rostenberg http://redmountainclinic.com/ Dr. Jess Armine http://www.drjessarmine.com/ Dr. Tim Jackson https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dr-Tim-Jackson/131339460302447 Nutritionists:
Ameer Rosic http://www.ameerrosic.com/ Cynthia Smith http://www.mthfrsupport.com/ Shawn Bean http://matrixhealthwell.com/
Visit our website for our medical disclaimer: http://www.mthfrsupport.com/
We will be going over the topics of methylation, MTHFR and gut heath. Dr. Tim Jackson and Sterling Hill, founder of MTHFRsupport.com, will be your hosts and will also talk about future guests and take calls from listeners.
We will explain why MTHFR is only a small part of methylation and why healing the gut is a must before starting a MTHFR protocol.
Blog and Tweet Review including comments about the MTHFR mutation discussed in a post by Dr Jill. This may increase risks for fibromyalgia, miscarriage, depression and a host of other diagnoses.
Angelina Jolie made a decision to have a double mastectomy because of her family history and genetic testing. Dr Jonas (Dr Synonymous) discusses her decision and makes other genomic comments.
He closes with comments about his post about George Jones, Tim Tebow and Marcus Welby.
Sterling will be interviewed by Dr. Jess Armine and clinical nutritionist Shawn Bean.She will explain how and why she founded Mthfr Support.
Sterling Hill was a highly successful businesswoman for many years until 8 years ago when she became ill with clotting issues. She went from physician to physician but her condition progressively deteriorated. She lost everything. As traditional medical thinking was failing, she reached out to the alternative medicine community and the work of Amy Yasko, PhD and Dr. Ben Lynch and discovered the world of epigenetics. She learned the basics of her clotting issues resided in the methylation cycle.fter regaining her life from treatment, Sterling realized that the medical and lay community knew little of epigenetics and nutrigenomics. She realized that these subjects were of vast importance to the health of everyone on the planet, often being the proverbial “stone that was left unturned” in chronic illness of any type. As a result, Sterling started MTHFRsupoport.com to learn and share the knowledge of genetic polymorphisms and their effect on health. Her passion is to help educate the world of the true root cause of chronic diseases and link expert health care providers with those in need. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Our medical disclaimer can be found at: http://www.mthfrsupport.com/
Dr. Amy Myers will be this week's guest with nutritionist Shawn Bean and Dr. Jess Armine hosting. She will be talking about functional medicine and MTHFR. We will take callers the last part of the show. Medical Disclaimer(1) No advice This website contains general information about medical conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.(2) No warranties The medical information on this website is provided without any representations or warranties, express or implied. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the medical information on this website. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, we do not warrant that:(a) the medical information on this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or(b) the medical information on this website is complete, true, accurate, up-to-date, or non-misleading.(3) Professional assistance You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or other professional healthcare provider. If you have any specific questions about any medical matter you should consult your doctor or other professional healthcare provider. If you think you may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention. You should never delay seeking medical advice, disregard medical advice, or discontinue medical treatment because of information on this website.
Evelyne Lambrecht interviews Dr. Tim Jackson about methylation and MTHFR.
What's all this talk about methylation recently and what does it have to do with your health? In short, everything. Methylation is one of the most important biochemical processes in the body. When the body doesn't properly convert folic acid to 5-MTHF, the active form, as is common in a large percentage of the population, many health issues can occur.
Find out more about Dr. Jackson at www.healyourbody.org.
Download your free 5 Days to More Energy for the Life You want at www.elevateyourenergy.com.
Looking over the last several shows, the base theme is chronic inflammation....Sooo, this week I decided to replay My interview with Linda Elsegood concerning LDN or Low Dose Naltrexone that being sucessfully utilized to treat numerous chronic illnesses. Linda Elsegood is a leader in the movement to educate patients and doctors about LDN. Her tireless effort is bringing healing to many.
Linda Elsegood was diagnosed with MS in 2000 at the age of 44. She started LDN 3rd Deb 2003 and founded the LDN Research Trust in Feb 2004 to tell other people find out about LDN and to find prescribing doctors and to help and support clinical trials of LDN. She has organised several LDN conferences, the next being in Las Vegas in Nov 2014.
Her ultimate goal is for everyone with an autoimmune disease to be given LDN as a first line treatment and in the UK to have it on the NHS. LDN isn't a cure and doesn't work for everyone but it is something well worth researching!
This information is worth re-visiting....tell your friends!!!
Still confused about your 23andme?
Dr. Armine's lecture last week didn't answer all your questions?
Here's your Chance!!!
On 7/14/14 at 8pm EST we will have an expert panel that will answer all your tough questions on methylation, MTHFR and Bio-Individualized Medicine!!!!
Our panel will consist of Dr. Jess Armine, Shawn Bean and Cynthia Smith.
And, A SPECIAL GUEST, Dr. Ben Lynch promises to make a cameo appearance!!!
This show is NOT TO BE MISSED!!!! Call in...ask your questions, chat and get answers. See you then!
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (125 chatters)
- John Baptist (65 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (39 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (25 chatters)
- thelordshour (20 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (18 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (17 chatters)
- Lifeline with Cindy Sommer (14 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (13 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (11 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (11 chatters)
- EBN Talk Radio (9 chatters)
- InfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (8 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (8 chatters)
- thedean (8 chatters)
- Whispers from Heaven (8 chatters)
- INFINITY888 RADIO (7 chatters)
- HHIII and LeeCrowe (6 chatters)
- Gnosis Kardia (6 chatters)
- LindaCrystal (6 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (6 chatters)
- Omega Man (5 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (5 chatters)
- Dart Head Mike (4 chatters)
- 63489 (4 chatters)
- Body of Christ (4 chatters)
- Living Well Talk Radio (4 chatters)
- Spoken Ink (4 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (4 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (3 chatters)
- MMA Jam (3 chatters)
- World Wide Resistance Radio (3 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (3 chatters)
- Patriot Family (3 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (3 chatters)
- Dimensions of Quantum (3 chatters)
- FreedomReigns (3 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (3 chatters)
- Jay King Network (3 chatters)
- JUST US RADIO NETWORK (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- Broderic Adams (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- FFToolbox (2 chatters)
- Entertainment Zone Radio (2 chatters)
- Attune Magazine Radio (2 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (2 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (2 chatters)
- Raising The Roof Media (2 chatters)
- Midwest LSA Expo 2014 (2 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (2 chatters)
- The ANSWERS Show (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- Root Cause Radio (2 chatters)
- Seed Dropper Nation (1 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- Station IWDM (1 chatters)
- sun752 (1 chatters)
- Tarvino (1 chatters)
- Mega Powers Radio (1 chatters)
- LET IT BE KNOWN (1 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- Mikeisha (1 chatters)
- Prepping For The New World Order (1 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (1 chatters)
- AirAmarteifioRadio (1 chatters)
- Allyssa Narvaez Online (1 chatters)
- AtaensicNetworkStation (1 chatters)
- Attention Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Fan vs Fan Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Deeper Truth (1 chatters)
- Fightin Words Radio (1 chatters)
- Wicce Women (1 chatters)
- Thoughts of a Brother (1 chatters)
- TWR Radio (1 chatters)
- USA Emergency Broadcasting Network (1 chatters)
- TunesLoveChat (0 chatters)
- Reality Check2 (0 chatters)