SORT BY Relevancy
Welcome to Politic Tuesday on The Ms. Reason Show where we discuss the latest news on what’s going on in the political world nationally and in your home states. Today will be discussing Tamir Rice settlement, 3 teens drowning in Florida, Cruz & Kasich strategy and more!
Join Ms. Reason as she speaks with Author Michelle Roberts. Michelle A. Roberts, is a professional speaker & published Author she specializes in training and encouraging Women that they are over-comers, and can comeback from any challenge. Michelle A. Roberts of Atlanta, Georgia, is a fighter and a winner. She describes her impressive life change in this way: “After being married for 19 years, I finally awakened to the realization that my drug-addicted husband was not going to change. I had remained in the marriage—for too long—largely for two reasons. One was because I thought no one would want a fat girl with three babies. The other, deeper reason was because I was not raised with my father and always longed for that relationship, so I clung to the hope that my husband would be the man who would fill that void. He did not. In fact, he put our children and me through the maddening frustrations and disappointments that come with sharing life with an addict. I became so depressed I began carrying 268 pounds on a five-foot frame. Finally, however, I took charge of my life. I had life-altering surgery, gastric bypass, and lost more than 110 pounds. I got a divorce, began a lifestyle of fitness, went back to school, and obtained bachelors, masters and is currently a Doctoral Candidate. I opened several businesses and authored several books. Yes, the years of schooling and attitude change were hard. Yes, I cried. Yes, I complained sometimes. But whenever I felt on the verge of giving up, I had only to look at my three children, and a fight for dear life would arise in me.”
Ask Ms. V Sports
Ask Ms. V about anything about Sports?
Do you have a sports Fantasy? Ask Ms. V
Do you want to know how sex is a Sport? Ask Ms. V
Do you want to talk about Sports? Ask Ms. V
Do you want to ask about something completely off subject? Ask Ms. V you don’t have to reveal who you are just ask James or Ms. V and they'll answer your questions and give you real information. Also join us in the chatroom
Every Thursday 6:00-7:00pm ET
But she’s been a writer since second grade. That was when she started filling her great-grandpa’s giant sketchbook with story after story — most of them about little girls who found puppies, because she wanted one. She didn’t get that puppy until she was out on her own. She did, however, know early on that she wanted to entertain others with her fiction.
With three books published by Turquoise Morning Press (Diva in the Dugout, Beauty and the Ballplayer and Sliding into Home) and two indie stories out there (Home for the Holidays and Blind Date Bride), that lifelong ambition is becoming reality.
Meet Arlene Hittle:
She is a member of Northern Arizona Romance Writers of America and currently serves as the chapter’s president. She has a B.S. in journalism from the University of Evansville (Indiana) and has worked in the newspaper industry as a reporter or copy editor/page designer since 1994. After being laid off in September 2014, she’s freelancing as a copy editor and proofreader.
This is a Black Arts and Culture Site.
1. San Francisco Arts Festival 2016 is May 19-June 5: Joining us are: Genny Lim (artist), Andrew Wood (Executive Director, SFIAF), Charlie Levin (artist), Jon Jang (artist). sfiaf.org
2. Alice Aziza Jefferson, Artistic Director of Sankofa Akili Dance Ensemble, speaks about the 2016 Spring Benefit, Apr. 30 at DeFremery Recreation Center, Lil Bobby Hutton Park, 1651 Adeline Street, in Oakland. She is first generation West Oaklander, Founder & Artistic Director of The Sankofa Akili Dance Ensemble. She founded the dance company in 1998 to pay tribute to the artistic legacy of her mentor Ms. Akili Denianke, under whom she studied at CSU-Hayward and elsewhere as a member of the Harambee Dance Ensemble. It is the mentorship of Ms. Denianke that she attributes the clarity she has attained regarding her life purpose. Info: 510-735-5150.
3. L. Peter Callender and Leontyne Mbele-Mbong join us to speak about ANTONY AND CLEOPATRA — which closes the African American Shakespeare Company 2015-16 season. Shakespeare’s epic love story — is set in modern day. Mark Antony has traded his power over an empire for the forbidden love of one woman, Cleopatra, the Queen of Egypt. Jealousy, betrayal, death, and war cannot refute their undying love for each other. With award winning actors L. Peter Callender and Leontyne Mbele-Mbong in the title roles of Mark Antony and Cleopatra. Visit http://www.african-americanshakes.org/productions/antony-and-cleopatra/
Many are still in shock about Prince's passing, including Ms. Computer Lady. Many radio stations, clubs, live streams, DJs, and the like have already had their tributes, and many more will. Well, don't leave Ms. Computer Lady out. Join her as she brings forth some of Prince's songs that are some of her favorites, and hopefully yours as well. Some you probably heard already, but as you know Ms. Computer Lady is going to attempt to put her spin on things. Though it'll be an abbreviated show, Ms. Computer Lady is going to do her best to get it in.
Welcome the Bitter Black Bitch Show! Here you will hear Sierra and Ms. V bitch about any and everything that is bothering them. These two ladies have a lot to bitch about and aren't afraid to let the world know.
Come join us in the chatroom where we are also bitching it up with the people in the chatroom.
Are you ready to hear them bitch about what's really on their minds with no filter? Then listen every Wednesday 7-9 pm EST and Sierra and Ms V will give you a complete earful of what's bothering them.
Join Host Live Chats
- GATHERING OF CHRIST CHURCH (19 chatters)
- The Spiritual Concepts Show (8 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (4 chatters)
- Cosmic Philosopher (3 chatters)
- NDB Media Sports Channel (2 chatters)
- nXphase Records (1 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (1 chatters)
- Inside MLB0 (1 chatters)
- JASmius (1 chatters)
- Kissmeimpsychic (1 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (1 chatters)
- Overcomer88888888 (0 chatters)