SORT BY Relevancy
The Young Media Critics conclude their 3 part series on the Language of Persuasion!
We shared with you the goal of most media messages is to persuade the audience to believe or do something. Hollywood movies use expensive special effects to make us believe that what we’re seeing is real. News stories use several techniques – such as direct quotation of identified sources – to make us believe that the story is accurate.
The media messages most concerned with persuading us are found in advertising, public relations and advocacy. Commercial advertising tries to persuade us to buy a product or service. Public relations (PR) "sells" us a positive image of a corporation, government or organization. Politicians and advocacy groups (groups that support a particular belief, point of view, policy, or action) try to persuade us to vote for or support them, using ads, speeches, newsletters, websites, and other means.
Join the Young Media Critics on Tuesday July 29, 2014 at 5 p.m. for the last examples of the more advanced persuasion techniques use by advertisers, PR firms and Political strategists! Call in at 347-633-9114 or join us in the chat room.
in Real Estate
Today we continue to plan for our forth coming docudrama (working title) "Stopping Squatters". We want to elevate the awareness of the crime of "House Hijacking". We shall also continue to plan for future webinars we shall be offering.
If there is any topic that you shall want covered in the film "Stopping Squatters" or in one of up and coming webinars, please feel to call in and participate in our live stream.
If you are a first time listeners to "It's My House", please sign up to "FOLLOW" our podcast.
Unacceptable Levels examines the results of the chemical revolution of the 1940s through the eyes of affable filmmaker Ed Brown, a father seeking to understand the world in which he and his wife are raising their children. To create this debut documentary, one man and his camera traveled extensively to find and interview top minds in the fields of science, advocacy, and law. Weaving their testimonies into a compelling narrative, Brown presents us with the story of how the chemical revolution brought us to where we are, and of where, if we’re not vigilant, it may take us.
Over 80,000 chemicals flow through our system of commerce, and many are going straight into our bodies. Even our unborn children are affected. Due to this constant exposure, we have approximately 200 synthetic industrial chemicals interacting with our cells every single day. Until recently, modern science really didn’t understand what that could mean for all of us in the long run, but that is changing.
Globally, disease rates are on the rise. Theories about the causes abound, yet the issues are complex and often muddied by the maneuvering of political and corporate interests. To explore different facets of common chemical exposure, Unacceptable Levels, was made in consultation with experts in multiple fields and is guided by a father on a personal journey as he attempts to bring these issues to light for everyone. Its primary goal? To determine whether we can prevent disease before it strikes us.
Unacceptable Levels opens the door to conversations about the chemical burden our bodies carry so that we can make informed decisions now and in the future. The film poses challenges to our companies, our government, and our society to do something about a nearly-unseen threat with the inspired knowledge that small changes can generate a massive impact.
Sande Allesi Casting posted this notice yesterday ranking potential incoming "girls" on an A-D scale that corresponds with descending "hotness." What's problematic is that while the "A" category accepts drop-dead gorgeous "classy" people of all colors, the B through D designations are very explicitly linked with skin-tone: as the women get less attractive, their flesh gets darker, with the lowest listing calling for "African American girls. Poor, not in good shape. Medium to dark skin tone.
ARE THEY TELLING YOU IS WHAT TO COME IN THE FUTURE? IS THIS SHOWING THE TRANSFORMATION OF HUMAN LIFE
it's about that time! Big Z and Jonny Pop are back after a month off. So much has happened in the wide world of sports. Did anyone here that Lebron went back home!? Nosebleed Seats will catch up right where we left off! Recap some offseason NBA news, as well as the summer movie season, what was your favorite? and preview some NFL talk before Big Z dives into his pre seasons predictions which will be coming to you each week going division by division
HEY WHATS UP JVS FAMILY I KNOW IT'S BEEN A WHILE SINCE WE DID AN ACTUAL FULL SHOW AND IM SORRY FOR ALL THE MISHAPS BUT WE BACK BABY!!!!! IT'S LAID BACK WEDNESDAY AND THERE IS NO OTHER DAY TO GET JVS BACK ON THE UPSIDE YA HEARD ME! WELL LETS TOUCH ON TODAY'S TOPIC I WATCHED THE PURGE 2 AND I THOUGHT IT WAS A PRETTY GOOD MOVIE SO I SAID HEY IM GONNA USE IT AS A TOPIC....SO I WANT TO KNOW IF PURGING WAS LEGAL WOULD Y'ALL PARTICIPATE AND WHY? I CANT WAIT TO HEAR WHAT YOU GUYS HAVE TO SAY SO I'LL SEE YOU AT THE SHOW!!!!
Nosso Lar (Portuguese for “Our Home”) is the name of the spirit colony that Andre Luiz describes in this first book of his collection. In this vibrant narrative, the author offers us his observations and discoveries regarding life in the spirit world, acting as a sort of reporter who records his own experiences. It reveals a pulsating world full of life and activity organized in exemplary fashion, and where discarnate spirits go through steps of recovery and spiritual education supervised by high order spirits. Nosso Lar enables us to see beforehand the spirit world that awaits us when we abandon the corporeal body through physical death."
Here is a link to a trailler for the Nosso Lar movie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjgiHi0QtpM
The Movie Producer & Director Stephen James has exclusive movie rights to Shailey Tripp's book, "Boys Will Be Boys" The allegedly true story about how Todd Palin got Shailey Tripp involved in Prostitution & Sex trafficking. Stephen James will join us today. Shailey Tripp recently was kidnapped and raped, Could there be a connection to Todd or Sarah Palin? As Shailey Tripp remains quiet about her assault and battery, it may be helpful to review a post she did over one year ago. Here is her statement, given on the first anniversary of the publication of her book.Certainly, I know very little about any violence inflicted on Shailey, or who was responsible. I only use the occasion of the violence to bring to your attention the following: The Palins never filed a defamation suit against the national enquirer for their story. We get to the bottom of this.
MVP film Network is almost ready to launch. Submit your films now
9am pacific - 12pm eastern time Call in 646-595-3032
This Program is Sponsored by:
-Max Ivey, Midway Marketplace
-Loretta's Authentic Pralines
Writer/director Mike Kravinsky has written a terrific movie calledGEOGRAPHICALLY DESIRABLE, which fixes around a TV newswoman. It has some hilarious and insightful things to say about the media industry. Blair Bowers plays the lead role.
Synopsis : A driven, overworked and sleep deprived TV News woman's life is derailed when she inherits a house and dog in a small quirky town
In August, cartoonist Aaron McGruder, creator of the infamous Boondocks comic strip and cartoon series will premier a new show titled "Black Jesus" on the Cartoon Network's Adult Swim time slot. The comedy parody show features a live action series of Jesus as a black man in Compton, CA. This show has brought about good and negative publicity for AS and McGruder, but how should black pastors engage the show and the viewers? Is the show any more offensive than Jesus Christ Superstar, Tyler Perry's Madea series, or even George Burns' O God movie series?
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (184 chatters)
- John Baptist (75 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (73 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (23 chatters)
- thelordshour (19 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (18 chatters)
- canadianglen (18 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (17 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (15 chatters)
- AlimBey (15 chatters)
- DDP Radio (14 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (13 chatters)
- thedean (11 chatters)
- Supernatural Radio (10 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (10 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (10 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (9 chatters)
- InfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (8 chatters)
- NewMusicInferno (8 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (8 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (8 chatters)
- Barbara DeLong (8 chatters)
- Root Cause Radio (8 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (7 chatters)
- Bill Murray (7 chatters)
- FSF Radio (7 chatters)
- LetsGetMetaphysical (7 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (6 chatters)
- PonytailPatriot (6 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (6 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (6 chatters)
- eWrestling Radio (6 chatters)
- Dart Head Mike (6 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (6 chatters)
- in5d (5 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (5 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (4 chatters)
- SportsTalkLine (4 chatters)
- MMA Jam Live (4 chatters)
- DLFootball (3 chatters)
- KDCL Media (3 chatters)
- Body of Christ (3 chatters)
- David and Wes (3 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (3 chatters)
- Hex Education (3 chatters)
- The Lions are Out the Cage (3 chatters)
- Survival Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Tarvino (3 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (3 chatters)
- MissingYouFoundation (3 chatters)
- Seed Dropper Nation (3 chatters)
- Sipping On Ink (2 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- sun752 (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- The Football Gurus (2 chatters)
- The Star Chamber (2 chatters)
- TonyWolfPaw (2 chatters)
- fairtax4ca (2 chatters)
- Dimensions of Quantum (2 chatters)
- Dirtyredz (2 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (2 chatters)
- Bridge Between Two Worlds Radio (2 chatters)
- Brooklyn GOP Radio (2 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (2 chatters)
- Big Brother Spoilers By Mike (2 chatters)
- alexas29 (2 chatters)
- LCS (2 chatters)
- LET IT BE KNOWN (2 chatters)
- IB Wise Raising The Roof Radio (2 chatters)
- My Old Catholic Radio (2 chatters)
- Liberal Dan Radio (2 chatters)
- Pro Wrestling Report (2 chatters)
- Pick6Mag (2 chatters)
- patriots united (1 chatters)
- Prophecy at the Midnight Hour (1 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (1 chatters)
- Odwirafo (1 chatters)
- Ordinarywmn (1 chatters)
- Home Court Sports (1 chatters)
- Jay Cat Morris (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (1 chatters)
- Minister Derrick (1 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (1 chatters)
- 12kyle (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- Barbershop Sports (1 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (1 chatters)
- Blasturthoughts (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (1 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Talk Radio 49 (1 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- RLwRT (1 chatters)
- Rapture Ready Radio (1 chatters)
- Really Doe Radio (1 chatters)
- sonsoflight (1 chatters)
- Winning America Back (1 chatters)
- WritersOnlineNetwork Radio (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (0 chatters)
- BDSIR NETWORK (0 chatters)