SORT BY Relevancy
A lot of folks have been talking about the Triple Crown this past week, and some think that it should be dumbed down to accommodate...to accommodate the "younger generation" who were born after 1978.
Ummm...is the sport going to change everything, to meet the needs of people who aren't necessarily becoming fans? Tonight I'll discuss the logical place to begin the journey toward horse racing fandom. How to turn casual observers and potential fans into lifelong fanatics. Hint: it rhymes with, "source."
Live from Beautiful Belmont Park--it's f!lly Racing Radio.
Monday, June 2--just five days before the 2014 Belmont Stakes--we'll webcast from the gorgeous, ivy-ccovered halls of Belmont Park.
Will California Chrome win the Belmont Stakes, thence--the Triple Crown? If not him--who *will* take home the magnificent Belmont Stakes Trophy?
Tune in on Monday, June 2 at 6:30 New York Time, and let's get wired together.
Those Diner and Motorcycle Guys will broadcast “live” from the Seaport World Trade Center in Boston as Marv Productions spreads its own brand of excitement and mayhem across the Northeast with incredible entertainment at the Northeast Motorcycle Expo. All your favorite dealers, vendors, motorcycles and merchandise can be found under one roof and the boys will be there right in the middle of the action!
Check out Those Diner and Motorcycle Guys website
Facebook drives me nuts: it's the moist, hot petri dish in which grows all sorts of hysteria. I've never witnessed so many weeping, whining, hysterical people as on FB--have you? How much does social media feed a story, and make it bigger than it should be?
Case in point: All the hysterical people on Facebook now can concentrate on bigger issues than whether a horse wears a nasal strip on June 7th. I suspect that the Chromies--as I'm designating those who are rabid to see a Triple Crown achieved, OR who believe that California Chrome is destined to do it--somehow EXPECT that, since he's got the chance, he WILL win.
But it's called a "horse race," folks. No sure things here. Can he do the distance? On Big Sandy? Might those other horses have some talent, as well? We'll talk about a lot tonight, so I hope you tune into f!llly Racing Radio. :)
Host Derek Simon discusses the announced closing of Suffolk Downs after 79 years of hosting thoroughbred racing, relating it to the closing of Longacres Park in 1992.
In the I Need to Know segment, Derek explains how handicapping dogma keeps many players in the pari-mutuel dog house. And, lastly, in the Handicapping segment, he offers a potential play from Suffolk Downs (it seemed appropriate) and looks ahead to this weekend’s big races at Parx.
In July of 2013, NYRA (the New York Racing Association) sponsored f!lly Racing Radio--and thereby, made herstory. Women love horses--and horse racing. NYRA, in its wisdom, acknowledge this natural connection and sponsored f!lly Racing Radio. The first incarnation of f!lly Racing Radio took place during the Saratoga race meet in 2013--but it seemed a shame that the show didn't continue after Saratoga Race Course closed for the season.
Of course, we hope that NYRA will renew this relationship in 2014, but in the meantime--we're continuing the show here on Blog Talk Radio. Tune in every Monday from 2 - 2:30PM Eastern Time, USA--or check out the podcast archives every week. We'll talk about women and horse racing--fans, professionals, hopefuls. We'll discuss f!llies, mares and pensioned mares. We'll raise a ruckus--storm the fortress of the Old Boys' Club and, hopefully, help females find their (our) rightful place in this beautiful, frustrating, magnificent sport.
TwinSpires' Derek Simon recaps the Travers Stakes and the Pacific Classic and discusses the role of a jockey in the “I Need to Know” segment.
In a special “Racing History” segment, all-time greats Round Table, Ribot, John Henry, Sea Bird II, Phar Lap and others face each other in a mythical running of the Breeders’ Cup Turf presented by Brisnet.com and called by track announcer/TV personality Mike Battaglia.
Do we anthropomorphize our horses? That is, do we treat horses as if they're humans, embued with human emotions?
The only thing I can think of that's wrong with that is that...who says that being "human" is a good thing? Maybe we should flip that script: maybe humans should learn how to conduct Life from horses.
And maybe that script-flipping would lead to a better racing industry...
Tune in tonight to f!lly Racing Radio, and hear my thoughts. I may be spot-on. I may be insane. Either way, I WILL be entertaining.
What's new in horse racing? Who's making news? Will a horse who's not from Kentucky cross the finish line first at the Kentucky Derby this year? So many things to discuss--how can we get it all in in just 30 mintes? Tune in this evening, and see if fueling my brain with coffee will help get it all in...
Robert Pandya, External Relations Manager with Indian Motorcycles at Polaris Industries, talks about the exciting new launch of the Indian bike and the buzz that it's created within the motorcycle industry and with the riding community. A huge fan of motorcycling, the industry and the people involved, Robert's enthusiasm is as contagious as the thrill of being on the back an Indian motorcycle.
Those DIner and Motorcycle Guys website
Watch for Garrison's new book, Classic Diners of Connecticut, October 22nd on The History Press.
TwinSpires' Derek Simon discusses the British Horseracing Authority’s surprising ruling in the Fergal Lynch case, as well as Del Mar’s new Player’s Pick Five and NYRA Senior Vice President of Racing Operations Martin Panza’s idea to highlight “big event days.”
In the U. of Bet segment, Derek discusses the proper mindset he believes is needed to become a winning player.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (486 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (96 chatters)
- thelordshour (36 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (36 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (35 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (25 chatters)
- Curious Times (21 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (20 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (14 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (13 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (13 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (13 chatters)
- WBAR NYC (11 chatters)
- WYMS Radio (10 chatters)
- Paranormal Geeks Radio (10 chatters)
- in5d (10 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (9 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (8 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (8 chatters)
- Restoring Your Reality (7 chatters)
- SURN Host (7 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (7 chatters)
- The Underground Sex Show (6 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (6 chatters)
- The Asylum0 (6 chatters)
- JakeyandTheAce (6 chatters)
- Paranormal Horizons (6 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (5 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (5 chatters)
- Inspire Radio Network (5 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (5 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (5 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (4 chatters)
- drinkfive (4 chatters)
- Moreliapythonradio (4 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio Mass Media (4 chatters)
- The View from Montana (4 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (3 chatters)
- Quagmire America (3 chatters)
- AACONS (3 chatters)
- gamechangersradio (3 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (2 chatters)
- InThePaint (2 chatters)
- Get Lifted Radio (2 chatters)
- Hall Issachar Ministries (2 chatters)
- Harold Sutton (2 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (2 chatters)
- William Telltale (1 chatters)
- RXCX Anderson (1 chatters)
- SLZE Sports (1 chatters)
- The Exchange (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (1 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (1 chatters)
- Talk Radio 49 (1 chatters)
- HomeTeam (1 chatters)
- JUDGEMENT TIME (1 chatters)
- left at the valley with KevinKaren0 (1 chatters)
- Mark Radulich (1 chatters)
- Married Men Dont Talk Show (1 chatters)
- Carl Richards Show (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (1 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (1 chatters)
- Authority Smashers (0 chatters)
- untouchable1stfamradio (0 chatters)