SORT BY Relevancy
On September 20, 2014 the people of Indiana organized for various leadership and education training at the Crispus Attucks Medical High School in Indianapolis, IN. Following the training, a coalition of more than 50 organizations led a march to the Indiana State House, in coordination with a growing national movement known as the Moral Monday Movement.
The National Council on Educating Black Children is proud to be a member of the coalition and welcomes the following representatives to NCEBCTalkRadio to discuss the Indiana Moral Monday Movement.
Atty. Barbara Bolling (President of the Indiana NAACP State Conference of Branches),
Mr. Harry Targ (Professor of political science and international relations at Purdue University and director of Peace Studies Program),
Mr. William Morris (Attorney with Indiana Legal Services where he works on low-income housing and homelessness prevention and a member of the Indiana Moral Mondays Steering Committee), and
Ms. Carole Craig (Board member of Children's Policy and Law Initiative of Indiana and an Assistant with the Greater Indianapolis NAACP Education Committee)
Join us live on Monday September 29 @ 10am ET. Our Board President, Rev. Shelia Evans-Tranum will guide the show as Special Guest Host. She will be joined by NCEBC Board Member, Mr. Michael "Chappie" Grice and NCEBC Black Male Action Planning Coordinator and NCEBCTalkRadio "Gift from the Elders to the Next Generation" conversation leader, Mr. Kamau Jywanza.
Why is it the Moral Monday Movement needed in Indiana?
What are the issues and who should be involved?
What are the next steps?
Larry Dempsey & Cassandra Patterson discuss First Amendment implications of the Moral Monday protests.
NCEBCTalkRadio Recording Live from Rev. Dr. William Barber's "Building A Movement from the Ground Up" Workshop at the Jubilee Celebration in Selma, AL
Monday March 10 @ 10 AM on NCEBCTalkRadio
Rev. Dr. William Barber is leading a growing movement called the Moral Monday Movement in North Carolina that has now spread to several southern states. From the moral framework of the scriptures and state constitutions, the Moral Movement is an indigenously-led, state-based, state government – focused, deeply moral, deeply constitutional, anti-racist, anti-poverty, pro-justice, pro-labor, transformative, fusion movement.
Hundreds of thousands of people have fused together a coalition of goodwill, a nonviolent volunteer army of love, to oppose state legislature’s heartless, ideologically driven agendas. The movement is based in a southern context that takes seriously the issue of race. As a movement born in the south, the Moral Monday Movement is rightfully aligned with the values of anti-racism and anti-poverty.
Rooted in hope (not fear) the Moral Movement is fighting for:
Pro-labor, anti-poverty policies that insure economic sustainability;
Well-funded, quality public education for all;
Health care access and environmental justice across all the state's communities;
Equality in the criminal justice system and ensure equality under the law for every person, regardless of race, class, creed, documentation or sexual preference;
Protect and expand voting rights for people of color, women, immigrants, the elderly and students to safeguard fair democratic representation.
The voices in the Moral Movement are of a diverse (Young, Old, White, Black, Latino, LGBT, Rich and Poor) people concerned with state laws that restrict, punish and disenfranchise its citizens.
Featuring: Attorney Irving Joyner
Hosts: Molly Brewer & Meredith Darlington
People Demanding Action on Movement Building with Joel Segal
Joel Segal is a longtime organizer, activist, and scholar. He served as a senior legislative aide to Congressman John Conyers for 13 years, and helped found and lead movements to reform healthcare, provide relief to AIDS victims in Africa, as well as for Peace in the Middle East. Joel will welcome leaders, experts and activists working to build the progressive movement. In this first show, Joel will welcome Rev. Rodney Sadler, one of the leaders of the Moral Monday/Forward Together movement.
Rev. Rodney Sadler is a board member of the PDA, and the Middle East Peace Working Group. He is a national leader in the movement for universal health care and ACA Medicaid expansion. He frequently speaks at press conferences and Congressional briefings at the request of Members of the Congress. Rev Sadler also works closely with senior Obama Administration officials on issues pertaining to faith and social justice.
Rev Sadler lectures within the church and community on Race in the Bible, African American Biblical Interpretation, the Image of Jesus, Biblical Archaeology, and the Dead Sea Scrolls. Sadler was the managing editor of the African American Devotional Bible. His teaching experience includes courses in biblical languages, Old and New Testament interpretation, wisdom literature in the Bible, the history and religion of ancient Israel, and African American biblical interpretation. His book, Can A Cushite Change His Skin? An Examination of Race, Ethnicity, and Othering in the Hebrew Bible, was published in 2005. Rev. Sadler served as a visiting lecturer and interim co-director of the Office of Black Church Studies at Duke Divinity School in Durham, NC, and was an associate minister in Durham, NC.
Charlotte View openly welcomes Rev. Dr. Rodney S. Sadler, Jr., who has been hard at work in our Charlotte community bringing the message of the Forward Together/Moral Monday Movement. Along with Rodney we welcome Rev. Kojo Nantambu and Mr. Joel Segal. They are here to be the voice of many other leaders in our community, and to share to all our listeners and followers the reason why they have adopted the mission to spread the word, to encourage the elected officials to do the right thing, and to inspire those in their networks to bear witness in these trying times for North Carolina.
Issues the movement is recognized for and the information we will include in this interview are:
The origins, mission and vision of the Movement
The challenges, experiences and successes
The most important issues they are fighting for at the moment, like:
requesting that Governor McCrory call a special session of the General Assembly and authorize the expansion of Medicaid in our state for some 500,000 people in accordance with the Affordable Care Act.
Resumption of Unemployment Benefits in North Carolina
The upcoming Moral Mondays:
on Monday Nov 18th ~ rally/ town hall event to be held at Livingstone College in Salisbury, NC at 5pm.
Dec 23 the leaders of the movement will personally deliver the message to Governor McCrory during the holiday season that developing policies that hurt the least, lost, and otherwise left out is wrong.
Contact Rev. Dr. Rodney Sadler: email@example.com / Kojo Nantambu: firstname.lastname@example.org
NAACP state website, naacpnc.org and the local website, charlottenaacp.com
6pm pst / 9pm est
On episode 31 more Moral Dilemmas will be presented to the panel to ponder what they would do in these situations.
Hosts: Kinte Acuminous Watanabe
Norma Mena T.B.A.
Olaf Barbosa T.B.A.
production info:episode 31 Moral Dilemmas 2 9/22/14
We all need a little bit of hope every once in a while. Whether it be from Church or just by listening to someone who has a kind word to give. Inspirational Monday is designed to do just that. Give you hope for tomorrow. Each week, you'll be encouraged to face another day. Inspired to keep going forward and uplifted in your spirit. Tune in each week for your weekly dose of Inspiration.
Every Monday following WWE Raw tune in to Mega Powers Radio for the only Post-Raw experience that allows YOU to join the conversation! Host Mike Paden leads a panel of wrestling journalists and enthusiasts as they review all the matches, praise the highs, laugh at the lows, and take your calls live on the air!
:: Join the Conversation ::
via Phone: 713.955.0363
via Skype: Click the Skype Logo Above
via Chat: In the Box Below
via Twitter: #RawPostShow
:: Never Miss an Episode ::
Subscribe on iTunes
Subscribe on Stitcher Radio
"Like" Mega Powers Radio on Facebook
Subscribe on YouTube
Keeping Kayfabe's Official Site
Facebook & Youtube
Smark Out Moment's Official Site
Facebook & YouTube
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (100 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (48 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (44 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (24 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (23 chatters)
- thelordshour (22 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (19 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (18 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (18 chatters)
- SasquatchWatch Radio (17 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (17 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (16 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (14 chatters)
- BITEradio me (11 chatters)
- Odwirafo (9 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (9 chatters)
- LiveParanormal History FM (8 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (8 chatters)
- Fins Radio (8 chatters)
- Cross Talk Radio brother Lawrence (7 chatters)
- Messages From Beyond (7 chatters)
- Rabbi Aryel Nachman (7 chatters)
- RFB Radio WOW (7 chatters)
- The Mompreneur Show (7 chatters)
- True Psychics Network (6 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (6 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (6 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (6 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (6 chatters)
- 1twopunch (6 chatters)
- NCI Radio (5 chatters)
- Bill Murray (5 chatters)
- Random Brain Activity (5 chatters)
- Shay Renae and Friends (5 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (4 chatters)
- Twin Radio (4 chatters)
- thedean (4 chatters)
- wayneG (4 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (4 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (4 chatters)
- Talk Radio 49 (4 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (3 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (3 chatters)
- The Rush UTEP Miners Radio (3 chatters)
- WacoTeaPartyWatchdog (3 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (3 chatters)
- Pit Bulletin Legal News (3 chatters)
- Inspire Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Life Conversations (3 chatters)
- Bellesprit (3 chatters)
- Black FreeThinkers (3 chatters)
- Aaron McCready (3 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (3 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (3 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (3 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (2 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (2 chatters)
- Aquatic Wetline (2 chatters)
- Body of Christ (2 chatters)
- MMA Jam (2 chatters)
- Moving Train Radio (2 chatters)
- InThePaint (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (2 chatters)
- Pro MMA Now Radio (2 chatters)
- Paranormal Geeks Radio (2 chatters)
- SLZE Sports (2 chatters)
- Your Enlightenment Zone (2 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (2 chatters)
- The Road Less Traveled (2 chatters)
- The Knicks at Nite Show (2 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- RotoExpertsXcom FantasySports Show (2 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (1 chatters)
- The Huddle 3 (1 chatters)
- The Madden Voice (1 chatters)
- WitchTalk Radio0 (1 chatters)
- YHWH The TRUE NAME (1 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (1 chatters)
- TopSportsReport (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- SOUL 1 RADIO (1 chatters)
- SpeakingXOut (1 chatters)
- Survival Radio Network (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- redmaryland (1 chatters)
- Omega Man Channel 2 (1 chatters)
- onlinewithandrea (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- Brighter Business Empower (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Cowboy Wisdom Radio (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- Bebee and Friends Network (1 chatters)
- American Statesman (1 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- Enough Iz Enough (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- Game Centric Radio (1 chatters)
- Indy Showcase0 (1 chatters)
- Married Men Dont Talk Show (0 chatters)