SORT BY Relevancy
Module 3: Emotions and the senses. We'll be talking with current OSU FCL PhD candidate Jenny de la Hoz about her experiences with environmental education at the Monterey Bay Aquarium, among others. de la Hoz works with bilingual programs and diverse audiences in particular and will bring that perspective to the discussion.
Please join Lynn Dierking, Lena Hosking and Michelle Mileham, as we introduce Module 3 of the SED 583 course--Sociocultural Dimensions of Free-Choice Learning. In this module we will explore culture in more depth, learning about social stratification, agency, social structure and social institutions; examining the dance between the power of human agency and social structures and how people work to maintain agency and sustain their own agendas that may be different from those of the establishments within which they are operating. We will start the show by talking about the final class project. Our very special guest will be Dr. Scott Pattison, Research & Evaluation Strategist, Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI) & Director for Administration, Institute for Learning Innovation, Portland, OR. Scott will be talking about his Master and Doctoral research, focused on families, inside and outside OMSI. As a graduate of this same program, I'm sure he will be happy to answer more general questions also.
This is the second radio show for the Winter 2015 term of SED 583, Sociocultural Dimensions of Free-Choice Learning which introduces Module 2. In this module we focus on theories of mediation and discourse and how these shape the experiences, behaviors, norms, social relations, assumptions, and roles taken by individuals and groups. We also begin to explore the complex interplay of individual, group, societal and structural factors in cultural systems.
Lena and I will be joined by two wonderful, knowledgeable guests: Ms. Jill Stein, Principal Researcher for the Lifelong Learning Group at the Center of Science and Industry (COSI) in Columbus, OH and Dr. Shelly Valdez, President of Native Pathways in Albuquerque, New Mexico. They will help us begin to unpack the notion of culture and cultural systems by sharing current work on two NSF-funded projects, Native Universe and Generations of Knowledge (Roots of Wisdom). These two efforts built upon the Cosmic Serpent project; all three are partnerships with the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI) and an effort to blend Western and Native views of science. Shelly is a member of the Pueblo of Laguna Tribe, located in the central part of New Mexico, and also of Hispanic descent. She and Jill have collaborated on the evaluation of all three projects working to combine Western and Native evaluation perspectives. They are going to discuss what they’ve learned about how to support cross-cultural partnerships, institutional change, etc., specifically talking about how these three projects have evolved and been responsive to what they’ve learned along the way.
In Module 4 we will be discussing the socio-cultural dimensions of institutions, moving beyond the nominal definition of them as organizations housed in buildings, to a socio-cultural definition in which institutions include all types of socially constructed organizations: families, museums, schools, communities, and society. Some of the questions we will discuss include: How do groups, communities and societies use and appropriate the resources of free-choice learning institutions to support their “institutional” needs, interests and identities? How have cultural institutions historically supported/inhibited the socio-cultural dimensions and outcomes of learning? What strategies and approaches have they employed to try to be socio-culturally relevant? Our special guest is Laura Huerta Migus, who took the helm as executive director of the Association of Children's Museums (ACM) this past June. Prior to that, Laura was Director of Professional Development and Inclusion Initiatives at the Association of Science-Technology Centers (ASTC) where she previously also held the position of Director of Equity and Diversity. Laura also served on the staff at ACM from 2004-2006, as a program officer for education and operations. Laura Huerta Migus is a nonprofit professional with more than a decade of experience in professional development, technical assistance, and grant management with a special emphasis on informal learninglearning.environments and community change efforts. She is currently working with institutions nationally to help them become more culturally competent and responsible so that they can be effective change agents in their communities. I think it will be a great conversation!
This is the first show for the Winter 2015 term of the Free-Choice Learning program sequence; this term the course is SED 583-Socio-Cultural Dimensions of Free-Choice Learning. Lynn Dierking hosts a general overview of the course and Module 1 concepts and tasks, specifically. Lynn will be accompanied by Lena Hosking and Michelle Mileham so it is an opportunity to hear from them (and perhaps others taking the course or participating in the certificate program) up close and personal. They are ready to answer any questions you have and encourage you to read the syllabus and assignments to see if you have any questions or need clarification.
• Identify basic outline of the book of Leviticus,
• Identify the main message or theme(s) of Leviticus.
• Identify the revelation and promise of Christ in the book of Leviticus.
REMEMBER FASTING AND PRAYING ON TUESDAYS FOR TI’S, THE NATION, AND FOR PURGING THIS EARTH OF SPIRITUAL WICKEDNESS IN HIGH PLACES!!!!!
Dial: (530) 881-1300
Access Code: 609238#
ELDER ABUSE, HARASSMENT, RETALIATION AND MALICIOUS THREATS
Welcome to the Mpower Radio Show Learning Series where we are presenting Building an eTribe.
Build it and they will come is a myth.
You have to Build it...Noursh it...Improve it...and MAYBE they wil come.
Today you are going to hear our facilitator present the 4 modules on Passion and the role it plays in creating an eTribe.
• Identify basic outline of the book of Exodus,
• Identify the main message or theme(s) of Exodus.
• Identify the revelation and promise of Christ in the book of Exodus.
REDEMPTION FROM EGYPT (1:1--18:27)
The Christ of Exodus
Keys to Exodus
This is the final radio show of the term. We do not have a guest speaker so that Lena, Michelle and I can be available to answer questions about final projects and any concepts in the course you would still like to discuss/clarify/share your experience with. If there is time I (as well as Michelle and Lena) can also talk about some of the work we're engaged in outside of teaching though all strongly connected to socio-culturaI dimensions of learning. If there are particular projects that piqued your interest please let me/us know.
Justin Preston began a small movement online after the suicide of Jamie Hubley, calling it Rise Against Bullying. A victim of bullying his entire life, he had seen the body count to continue to rise and decided to step forward and do something about it. What started as a small local campaign Fort Erie area has grown to a global community online, over 35,000 on facebook and thousands more on Twitter, and has posed some very personal videos on his Youtube channel.
Hosted By: Penny Jean
Be A Voice, heard around the world!
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (440 chatters)
- John Baptist (82 chatters)
- ANGRYFANS RADIO 1 (56 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (47 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (21 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (19 chatters)
- Odwirafo (17 chatters)
- thelordshour (16 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (15 chatters)
- Curious Times (12 chatters)
- Canadian Moto Show (11 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (9 chatters)
- Living Off The Grid Radio (9 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (9 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (8 chatters)
- Fresh Fire Prayer LineBrother Kay (8 chatters)
- allah team (8 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (7 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (7 chatters)
- ShadySykes (7 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (6 chatters)
- AirWavesAmerica (6 chatters)
- Feldman World Group (5 chatters)
- Phone Fantasy Radio (5 chatters)
- RotoBaller Fantasy Sports Radio (5 chatters)
- Golden Rose Psychic Radio (4 chatters)
- The Psychic Surgeon (4 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (4 chatters)
- OPWR (4 chatters)
- 12kyle (4 chatters)
- Elovation Radio (3 chatters)
- DefyingGravity (3 chatters)
- Brian Treybig (3 chatters)
- Metaphysics and Awareness (3 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (3 chatters)
- Talk2Q (2 chatters)
- Witch School (2 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (2 chatters)
- Nu Ankh Radio (2 chatters)
- nwo truth radio media (2 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (2 chatters)
- Rated G Radio (2 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (2 chatters)
- Apostle Antonia (2 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (2 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (2 chatters)
- Reach Out America (1 chatters)
- Rich Wilson (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- Gary R Davenport (1 chatters)
- WTLC Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- SURN Host (1 chatters)
- The Ron and Don Show (1 chatters)
- The Unsung Goddess (1 chatters)
- The Way Walkers (1 chatters)
- PM2U Radio (1 chatters)