SORT BY Relevancy
The Minneapolis branch of the NAACP is celebrating a new beginning with the election of several new officers who will set forth to build capacity and make a difference for the Minneapolis branch of the NAACP.
On Friday, December 13, by an overwhelming margin, the pastor of New Salem Missionary Baptist church, Rev. Jerry McAfee was elected as president of the Minneapolis branch of the NAACP with a solid vote of the majority of members in attendance.
Also elected to the executive committee, as Vice President was former Minneapolis policewoman Ms. Lisa Clemons. IBNN’s Don Allen was elected as second Vice President with three other candidates vying for the spot. Allen tells us in a candid interview, “Nobody thought I was going to win. I care about black people in Minnesota. The current road we are on will kill us. The lack of economic development, poor housing, educational challenges and people speaking for people of color who don’t represent ‘people of color’ is over during my watch. Its time to change the dynamics and I’m ready to take action in Minnesota on behalf of the Minneapolis NAACP. It will no longer be about a political party and supporting hen-pecked issues, it will be about making a good life for people of color in Minneapolis.”
Business owner and mega producer Tonia Johnson was elected as treasurer of the Minneapolis branch of the NAACP. The Minneapolis branch also elected a secretary and assistant secretary on Friday night.
The phone lines will be open, it's time to talk.
Doug Mann, perennial Minneapolis School Board candidate and candidate for Minneapolis mayor last fall and a life-long member of the Minneapolis NAACP started a pro se action last summer to compel a city-wide referendum on the new Viking stadium finance package:
Mann said he will file his petition for a writ of mandamus that seeks a public referendum on use of city sales taxes to help finance the edifice, as authorized by the Legislature.
He wants the court to order that the city follow a provision of its charter that requires voter approval when more than $10 million in city funds are spent on an athletic facility. The city is expected to note that the legislation overrides that charter provision.
The city will finance its portion of the stadium using a suite of sales taxes – a citywide sales tax, downtown restaurant and liquor taxes and a hotel tax. Those taxes currently pay for the city’s convention center, but money will be freed up when debt on that facility is paid in 2020.The total city subsidy is $309 million, or $678 million when accounting for interest over the life of the deal.
Well, the city did “note” the override, and the Hennepin County District ruled that both Mann and the city were right. It did violate the charter, but the state overrode the charter with the stadium legislation. That decision is now on appeal.
Phone lines will be open to ask the question: Will the Minneapolis membership of the NAACP stand behind Mr. Doug Mann, or wait for a payoff from the MSFA?
Join the team of Ronald A. Edwards (Black Focus) and Don Allen (OurBlackNews.com) as they bring you the best in news and information in Minnesota. On this weeks show, there will be a major annoucement that you MUST NOT MISS!
As always, phone lines will be open.
Minneapolis, Minn. – There has been numerous shootings in the Twin Cities. Some of these incidents go unreported by the mainstream media who is in collusion with city officials that do not want to be embarrassed because of their new initiatives to attack youth violence by using beefed up law enforcement. This is nothing more than license to stop-and-frisk African American youth on the street who might look suspicious. The Twin Cities is getting more violent everyday as we move further into the summer of 2014. Public safety is at an all-time low. If you don’t believe me, walk down West Broadway Avenue between Lyndale and Bryant Avenue north between 2:30 and 7 p.m.
Power of Unity Economic Summit on Friday and Satuday
Don Samuels for School Board
Summer Events that will leave our communities with little to no police coverage
Tonight we discuss many topics including what's happening to our Veterans across the USA.
Phone lines will be open.
WOW! You talk about a busy week! On tonights program (Wednesday at 8:30 p.m. CST) we will talk about leadership, more specifically who represents a mostly ignored caste of women in the Twin Cities. Representation without affilation has turned into a game with male handlers leading the way. Tune in and join Ronald A. Edwards and Don Allen as we "pullback and uncover" the strangeness of leadership.
Phone lines will be open.
"They got a name for the winners in the world, I want a name when I lose, they call me Deacon Blues." ~Steely Dan
The Minneapolis NAACP has decided to use deciet and dishonesty has their platform to attack the voice of accountability. Tune in tonight (Wednesday) as Donald Allen and Ronald A. Edwards examine what happens when an individual is underestimated and how this mistake might be the nail in the chest for both the Minneapolis NAACP and the National NAACP.
This behavior has gone on for too long, not its time to put a stop to the nonsense. We will be joined on the air by Rev. Pinkney from Benton Harbor, MI.
Don't miss this program - phone lines will be wide open.
On Thursday's program, we start with Mr. John Woods, founder of New Perspectives starts us off on how Hennepin County has an unfair process.
Here's the history: In 2012, 4,161 individuals were approved for chemical dependency treatment in Hennepin County. The Hennepin County review team (based out of the 1800 Chicago Hennepin County Community Services Agency) reviewed these individuals in 2012. Of those, 1,361 (32.7 percent) were classified as African American and approved for chemical dependency treatment. Of those 1,361 African American individuals seeking CD services, New Perspectives received only 48 approvals (6.5 percent).
Woods claims this is not something that only his organization is facing; he says African American Family Services and Turning Point, Inc. have also been victims of this referral process. Woods believes that this flawed referral process, which he identifies as a form of “systematic racism,” was an essential factor in the recent merger of African American Family Services with another agency.
African American Family Services received 42 approvals (5.7 percent). Turning Point Inc. was the only culturally specific program that received numbers that approach reasonable: Turning Point received 122 approvals (16.6 percent). The majority-White owned and operated organizations, Park Avenue and Recovery Resource Center, received the majority of the referrals. Park Avenue received 237 African American approvals (32 percent), and Recovery Resource Center (RRC) received 158 African American approvals (21.5 percent).
The Minneapolis NAACP has been silent about the recent departures of its exeutive committee.
Al Flowers and CSI, what's really going on?
Minneapolis Department of Civil Rights and Velma Korbel - you need to go!
Join Ronald A. Edwards and Don Allen for this special program.
Welcome to Our Own Voices Live with your hosts: Angela Thomas and Rodney Smith
Our Topic(s) today: “NAACP 105th National Convention & My Brother's Keeper Las Vegas”
If you have a question, comment or just want to listen, give us a call: (347) 826-9600
Our Own Voices Live is a radio show featuring people and stories from our community in Las Vegas, the surrounding area and some place near you. America is the greatest country on earth due to its cultural diversity and not in spite of it. Our mission is to help bridge the cultural and ethnic divide in America by working together to build the greatest bridge in history to unite us
in The Bible
The NOW FAITH Broadcast with Dr Timmey and Pastor Jonie Williams is all about helping the people of God to live life by faith and training them how to speak faith filled words. Now, join them both for the NOW FAITH Broadcast.
Excutive Producers: Kier N.Hedgley and Dr. Timmey Williams Sr.
Broadcast LIVE or Recorded at: The KBLS Studio with Kier N. Hedgley
The NOW FAITH Broadcast is a ministy in connection with Spirit Of Faith Christian Center (Minnesota) and SOFCCMN Productions.
Join us for our 11:00AM Sunday Service located 34 13th Ave N.E. Minneapolis, MN.
Tonight at 11pm ET/8 PT on Ernest Radio Network, it's Music Monday.
We are highlighting one of the most talented percussionists and musicians to come out the Bay area in years - Ms. Sheila E! Back in 1986, she released The Glamorous Club Dance EP, with four remixes of familiar and new songs. That's what you'll hear tonight. It's time to go back in time a little bit, and appreciate the fact that Ms. E. is still kicking today harder than ever!
Love On A Blue Train (Full Version)
The Glamorous Life (Club Edit)
Sister Fate (Extended Version)
The Belle of St. Mark (Dance Remix)
Join Host Live Chats
- Phoenix3333 (105 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (71 chatters)
- Rundgren Radio (43 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (43 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (29 chatters)
- thelordshour (26 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (24 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (21 chatters)
- SasquatchWatch Radio (16 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (13 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (13 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (12 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (10 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (10 chatters)
- Odwirafo (10 chatters)
- Life Conversations (9 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (9 chatters)
- Dr DREAM and Laura Eisenhower (9 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (8 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (7 chatters)
- Messages From Beyond (6 chatters)
- Inspire Radio Network (6 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (6 chatters)
- Twin Radio (6 chatters)
- wayneG (6 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (6 chatters)
- The Real Time Radio Network (5 chatters)
- TheInfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (5 chatters)
- gamechangersradio (5 chatters)
- Jay King Network (5 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Radio (5 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (5 chatters)
- Lorries Talk News Radio (5 chatters)
- Pastor Andrew Bills (5 chatters)
- SpeakingXOut (5 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (4 chatters)
- The Biblical Hebrew (4 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (4 chatters)
- Coach Khayr (4 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (4 chatters)
- The Psychic Surgeon (4 chatters)
- TruthWorks Network (3 chatters)
- G220 Radio (3 chatters)
- Game Centric Radio (3 chatters)
- EncouragingMomentsWithKeva (3 chatters)
- Blasturthoughts (3 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (3 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (3 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (2 chatters)
- The Candy Coated Network (2 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (2 chatters)
- MUTHA WIT WISDOM (2 chatters)
- Art Bulla (2 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (2 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (2 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (2 chatters)
- FuRbAbY AnD FrIeNdS (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- Lauren Tenney (2 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (2 chatters)
- Inner Child Radio (2 chatters)
- The Drop Night Show (2 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (2 chatters)
- Winning America Back (2 chatters)
- Zaiyahs House (2 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (2 chatters)
- WARRIOR TALK RADIO (1 chatters)
- The Fourth Turn (1 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (1 chatters)
- The RetroUnlim Network (1 chatters)
- Innovative Black Men (1 chatters)
- InThePaint (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- HomeTeam (1 chatters)
- 3 Degrees Talk Show (1 chatters)
- Catz1* (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Enough Iz Enough (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- DONNELL BALLARD MORNING SHOW (1 chatters)
- Metaphysical and Spiritual Chat (1 chatters)
- Marjorie Cole (1 chatters)
- Married Men Dont Talk Show (1 chatters)
- Rapture Ready Radio (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- patriots united (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- SportsTalkLine (1 chatters)
- Sherry Andrea (1 chatters)
- Shifting Times Radio (1 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (1 chatters)
- Dont Tread On Us (0 chatters)