SORT BY Relevancy
Self-taught from his impressive collection of blues vinyl, Mikey Jr. was a full time musician before he even graduated high-school. By the time he was in his early twenties, seasoned players were taking notice.
Now, he has a new album, Travelin' South, and if you didn't know Mikey before, you will now! Mikey comes by to talk about his career and new album.
TWO COUCH KID NEW MUSIC SEGMENTS
Back in September of 2012, Albert Castiglia took his Seat On The Couch to talk about his career and album Living The Dream.
He returns with his new album, Solid Ground, his first for the Ruf Records label.
Albert and I will talk about what he has been up to, the new label and we will listen to music from the new album.
Jarekus Singleton has been shaking the blues world the last two years, and Alligator Records was listening.
Jarekus originally took his Seat On The Couch in July of 2013. Jarekus joins me to discuss Refuse To Lose, his Alligator debut which drops on the 6th of May.
Chefjimi Patricola will call in from his car on the way to Memphis with Leslie K Joseph for the BMAs, and if we are lucky, he will be driving and we can talk to Leslie!
We will be speaking to Kool Breeze about the Leslie Rock Rhythm & Blues Fest on May 10th. The festival is a partner of Music On The Couch.
Mick Kolassa will be joined by the winner of he and Jeff Jensen's #WPD Contest.
"Musicians You Should Know" & MORE!
Mick has journeyed PD w music in his heart
Malaya Blue has been a singer-songwriter for most of her life, singing gospel music in the church choir and since then she’s gone from strength to strength. In 2011, she guested on blues-rock guitarist Mick Simpson’s album, ‘Cruel World’, singing lead vocals on the track, Find Another You.
Her new album is Malaya is ‘Bourbon Street’, a soulful mix of blues, jazz, and classic retro style pop. Malaya and I will discuss her life and career as we chack out tunes from the album.
Christian Collin is a Chicago based singer, songwriter and guitarist devoted to American roots music. Born in Detroit to a musical family, Christian began playing guitar at age 13 and has never looked back.
Previously the front man for Molasses, Christian recently released his solo debut entitled 'American Art'. Christian will tell us more about his journey as we listen to his musci.
We might never have know Nick Moss the musician if not for a kidney injury which sidelined his high school sports career. The blues world would be a different landscape if that had happend.
Sharing his Blues with the world since his 1999 debut 'First Offense', Moss has had more than 16 BMA Nominations bestowed upon him.
He has released 'Time Ain't Free' and this one has a soulful R&B feel, with flashes of Nick's love for rock, all wrapped in a big Blues hug.
I get to sit with Nick to talk about his career and where he has his sights set for the future.
Couch Kid Tommy Malone returns to share his new album, 'Poor Boy' on our COUCH KID NEW MUSIC Segment
Lucy Hammond comes by for a COUCH KID NEWS segment
AND the winner of the Jeff Jensen/Mick Kolassa #WPD Contest will be announced!
Join The Sports Narrative in our adventures in sports radio as we try to catch the villans and eat some Scooby-Snacks! On this week's episode:
- We take our first big look the impending college football season, detailing the trouble at Texas, rules changes, coaches speaking and more
- Staying in the realm of football, we talk a little NFL action, the Michael Sam/Tony Dungy dust-up, training camps opening and the Ray Rice suspension
- All that football talk has made me thirsty, so we wander into Mick's Pub for 20 minutes of cars, movies, news and whatever else The Mick wants
- Just when Mr. Bowers's ire is at an all-time high with Rangers GM Jon Daniels, he goes and pulls an awesome trade. We discuss that and other baseball moves as the trade deadline appraches
- We wrap up with a little NBA free agency, including the Mavs continuing to get richer and whether this team is a serious contender
All that and your calls at (347) 308-8637
Listen LIVE July 26th from 11a-1p CDT or anytime after on Itunes or at www.thesportsnarrative.com
Larry Csonka returns to discuss a whole plethora of topics. He’ll share some thoughts on the early nights of NJPW’s G1, Sting’s first WWE involvements, the latest episode of TNA Impact, Mick Foley echoing my thoughts from more than a year ago on Zack Ryder, Nick Diaz returning to the UFC, Jones vs. Cormier, Vitor Belfort getting a license to fight so easily, how the commission went too easy on Chael Sonnen and more! Calls and questions will gladly be accepted!
Once again, Mick, Lew, and Kristy endeavor to show Mike exactly how much they enjoy the sweet, sweet taste of his Jumbly Wumblies on their tongues as they fight to the death for a chance to gag on Mike's incredible beanbag. Topics covered (much like Kristy, Lew, and Mick will be covering Mike's apple-satchel with their face-holes) will include: Benghazi, Amy's Baking Company, and Sweet Carolina Poon-Tang, or whatever Kristy is calling her hatchery these days.
Be in the know. Discover Janesville.
The Philly Mick & Hump Show return once again for a Summer episode of Philly Sports! Tune in live and call the show. Be apart of the action. Eagles training right around the corner, Phillies trade deadline, Sixers Summer league and Flyers off-season plus many more topics up for discussion!
Check us out on line!
@wrestlingandy and @chadsheridan on Twitter
The Boys take you through one or two hours of live entertainment, in-studio guests, a variety of callers, special Open Mick Podcast interviews, and discuss current events. Talent of this nature does not require a script - which makes a fun, informational and comical podcast event.
Basically free of FCC violations, you can pop the top off a cold one and enjoy! Please pour some out for the Open Mick ... they are currently in prohibition.
Friendly reminder from the OMP: Always remember to say the code word "Irish" for specials and deals. Never assume it's perfectly normal, you may need to see your doctor immediately ... or not.
a Chris 'the Yance' Yancey Production 2014
Welcome to The Sports Narrative Radio, the most popular weekly sports show on the internet done by 4 guys in their underwear! On this week's episode:
- Put on your tin foil hats as we talk controversy through out the world of sports
- Is Tiger Woods only back to boost ratings in golf?
- Is the ESPYs the worst day in sports every year?
- Is John Daniels, the President of the Texas Rangers, a tyrant?
- Did the NBA influence LeBron's decision to go back to Cleveland?
- Will Johnny Football make it to Training Camp sober?
Is The Mick responsible fot the tragedy of the Malayasian Flight?
All these hard hitting questions will be answered LIVE July 19th from 11a-1p CDT
Call in at (347) 308-8637 and download us at Itunes or at www.thesportsnarrative.com
Join Host Live Chats
- Christism with Nadia Khalil Bradley (19 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (17 chatters)
- Pro Wrestling Torch (16 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (9 chatters)
- Patriot Family (7 chatters)
- The Portal (7 chatters)
- The War Room (5 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Live (5 chatters)
- Aubrey Allen Smith (4 chatters)
- Audrey Russo (4 chatters)
- Trek Talking (4 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (4 chatters)
- Missy Hill (3 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (3 chatters)
- JASmius (2 chatters)
- Earlene Greene (2 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (2 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (2 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (2 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (2 chatters)
- The Tailgate Show (1 chatters)
- whaleystudios (1 chatters)
- the certain ones (1 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (1 chatters)
- pgant (1 chatters)
- Golf Talk Live (1 chatters)
- HOV Radio (1 chatters)
- JIMMY SMITH (1 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (1 chatters)
- CTKRMinistries (1 chatters)
- Cubanarama (1 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (1 chatters)
- Conservative Report (1 chatters)