SORT BY Relevancy
We discuss the revelation by Carl Gallup, the author of "The Rabbi Who Found Messiah," that the Jews very much anticipate two messiahs. Messiah Ben Joseph, who comes before Messiah Ben David, to prepare the way for him.
We discussed aspects of the two messiahs in no less than ten or so past episodes, beginning with this one:
Zion is Redeemed, but Joseph is Marred
Last episode, we discussed the problematic interpretation of the parable of the Olive Tree Vineyard, offered by Sidney Sperry and still deferred to in the Church Education System.
This parable is meant to show the will of the Lord, concerning what is called the redemption of Zion, and it presages "a great evil" befalling the Lord's vineyard and his servants.
However, in the parable, the Lord sends one of his servants, later identified as Joseph Smith, the prophet, to gather the strength of his house and lead them in a military march to redeem Zion.
This presents no problem, if the application of the parable was to be understood in the early days of the Church, because Joseph Smith did gather the saints and march to the land of Zion, although the results were far from what was expected, given the parable.
The only other possible application of the parable is that it has not yet been fulfilled, and, if that is the case, and Joseph Smith is to lead "the army of the Lord" to redeem Zion, then he must do so as a resurrected being.
Today, we begin the discussion of this startling, but inspiring, possibility, from the holy scriptures.
Joseph Smith once said that, "The Holy Ghost is yet a spiritual body and is waiting to take to himself a body, as the Savior did."[Joseph Smith, Encyclopedia of Joseph Smith's Teachings, edited by Larry E. Dahl and Donald Q. Cannon (Salt Lake City: Bookcraft, 1997)]
"The Holy Ghost is now in a state of probation which if he should perform in righteousness he may pass through the same or a similar course of things that the Son has." (Joseph Smith, The Words of Joseph Smith, p. 245; Sabbath address, Nauvoo, 27 August 1843. Reported by Franklin D. Richards.)
Our probation started before our birth. Some think that this statement of Joseph's meant that the HG was already upon the earth. But I know through personal revelation that the Holy Ghost is upon the earth now and is one of the two witnesses who will die in Jerusalam where the holy of holies is now upon the earth and lay in the streets for three days then be resurrected for all to see. When these two sons of Levi have offered their lives as a sacrifice to God the priesthood will be taken off the earth with the reminant who have accepted the Holy Ghost as the witness of god that he is... Then will the words of John the Baptist be fulfilled when he stated in the name if messiah this priesthood will not be taken off the earth until the sons if Levi offer an offering in righteousness. He is thesecond witness of the Father and an apostle of the Father and the son.
Join Host Live Chats
- Radio Jihad Network (15 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (12 chatters)
- GR HealingFountain (8 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (5 chatters)
- Papa CE (3 chatters)
- The Organic View (3 chatters)
- Positively Autistic (3 chatters)
- peace333 (2 chatters)
- The Wheat Report (2 chatters)
- Tune In Tomorrow (2 chatters)
- Sandra Booker (2 chatters)
- TLO Ministry (2 chatters)
- BDSIR NETWORK (2 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (2 chatters)
- In the Authors Corner with Etienne (2 chatters)
- JASmius (1 chatters)
- JerLanghans (1 chatters)
- Joeygiggles (1 chatters)
- Gios Book Junkies (1 chatters)
- BennetPomerantz (1 chatters)
- Hrafnstong Radio (1 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (1 chatters)
- LoveSpeaks (1 chatters)
- Mathis Media Hub Radio (1 chatters)
- Out Of A Pure Heart (1 chatters)
- We are TOPS (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- TheRealSideRadio (1 chatters)
- The Truth About Church (1 chatters)
- Pnut aka Mr Jones (1 chatters)
- 27 Outs Podcast Home of MiLB TalkX (1 chatters)
- Real Talk with Tranell (1 chatters)
- Redeeming Truth Radio (1 chatters)
- Sacred Independent Life Coach (1 chatters)
- Pastor Kerrene (0 chatters)