SORT BY Relevancy
Join us as we interview Darlene Lancer, JD, MFT and author of: Conquering Shame and Codependency: 8 Steps to Freeing the True You and Codependency for Dummies. On the show we discuss shame and codependency. Some questions from the show are:
1. What is internalized shame?
2. How does shame show up when treating clients?
3. What are some common defenses to shame?
4. What are clues to help spot shame in clients?
5. How does shame affect codependency and relationships?
6. How might shame and codependency affect us as health care providers?
7. How should we approach treating shame?
Please read her popular article on this topic. For more information about Darlene and her work, please visit our post here.
Darlene Lancer is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and expert on relationships and codependency.
This show is brought to you by everythingehr.com
Craig Lewis is a Certified Peer Specialist and author of the Better Days – A Mental Health Recovery Workbook. Craig based the Better Days workbook on his personal life and recovery, and every page has been used successfully in peer group settings. A Better Days support group facilitation guide is currently being developed as are Spanish and French language versions of the Better Days workbook.
Craig also has edited and published You’re Crazy Volume One which compiles first-hand accounts of people from the punk rock scene who live with mental health struggles, addiction and trauma. A second volume ofYou’re Crazy is currently in the works.
Craig can be contacted at: email@example.com.
Please enjoy Craig's articles for our show: My Inner Human and An Interview with Craig Lewis, CPS.
in Self Help
This segment will be the beginning of a series, where we explore why Pres. George Implemented his New Freedom Initiative. This was in response to the consumers having unfair treatment limitations and financial requirements for mental health benefits,using a fragmented mental health system and fighting the stigmatism surrounding mental health issues.
Dr. Gary Blau, Chief of the Child, Adolescent and Family Branch of the Center for Mental Health Services, joined Dr. Greene this month to discuss his work in the field of mental health. Among other issues, Dr. Blau discusses the alarmingly high rate of children in need of mental health services and the much lower rate of care available. He recommends not only expanding the number of health care providers, but also expanding the thinking of who could be helpful in treating these issues. Along these lines, he introduces the idea of mental health first-aid as a critical first step in providing appropriate services to children with mental health needs. In addition, Dr. Blau discusses the importance of a strength-based treatment model and the feasibility of family-driven, youth-guided service provision.
in Self Help
A different look at Mental illnesses, also called - Biological Unhappiness by Dr. Leland Heller.
I reach down deep to get to the nitty gritt, that most people dont no exist! We leave no stone unturned, and you will, see why they call us both exsperts!
So hold on to your hats, here we go with CRAZY RADIO, just a figure of speach, because the things that come out in this interview, will be CRAZY.
This morning we have the pleasure of interviewing Eileen Casella-Rider, LMHC. Eileen has her masters degree in counseling psychology from Antioch University. She has unique experience in the field of mental health working in both private practice and as a program director, clinician, and EHR advisor for mental health organizations. She has also provided training, sales, support, and clinical documentation expertise in the behavioral health electronic health record industry.
Eileen gravitated to the technical and software side of psychology during her times spent as a clinician. This unique vantage point gives her the perspective behavioral and mental health providers and organizations need to determine which EHRs to take seriously.
It isn’t just about the software!
This candid discussion about the behavioral health EHR industry is refreshing, open, and a must listen for any organization looking for the facts when it comes to EHR purchase and adoption.
Let’s open Pandora’s Box shall we?
Questions for Eileen? More information?
It was our pleasure to interview one of the few experts on HIPAA compliance for Mental Health practitioners. Roy Huggins, LPC NCC is Director of Person-Centered Tech, a consulting and continuing education firm that serves the healthcare community. Roy worked as a professional Web developer for 7 years before changing paths and makes it his mission to grow behavioral health clinicians’ understanding of the Internet and other electronic communications mediums for the future of our practices and our professions. Roy also acts as Technology Chair for the Oregon Counseling Association, is an advisory board member for the Zur Institute, and is an adjunct instructor at the Portland State University Department of Counselor Education. He routinely consults with healthcare professionals on issues of technology in practice as well as compliance with the HIPAA Security Rule.
Roy can be contacted via his website at www.personcenteredtech.com. His CE courses and written interview can be found here.
in Self Help
Do you have a mental health toolbox? A mental health toolbox is made of things you use or do to help yourself feel better. Your toolbox might consist of positive affirmation, or it might be simply taking a walk or a short nap. Did you know that certain essential oils can raise seratonin levels and help you feel better? Tonight I'll give you some ideas for creating your own toolbox and share some tips that have worked for me in the past.
Dr. Elvira will speak with Dr. Elliot Sorel this week about mental health and NCDs.
Eliot Sorel, M.D., D.L.F.A.P.A., is an internationally recognized global health leader, educator, health systems policy expert and practicing physician. Dr. Sorel.co-chairs the World Psychiatric Association’s Task Force on non-communicable diseases and integrated car. was and was recently appointed by Dr. David Satcher to the US Oversight Committee on Health Disparities He is a member of the Board of Trustees Work Group on American Health Reform and of the Council on Healthcare Systems and Financing, both of the American Psychiatric Association. He has professorial appointments in Global Health, Health Services Management and Leadership in the School of Public Health as well as in Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences in the School of Medicine at George Washington University. Dr. Sorel is a former President of the Medical Society of the District of Columbia, the World Association for Social Psychiatry, the Washington Psychiatric Society and has served as a United States National Institutes of Health/Fogarty International Center grants reviewer. He is a Life Member of the American Medical Association, a Fellow of the American College of Psychiatrists, and a Distinguished Life Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association. He did his psychiatric training at Yale University, obtained his B.A. from New York University, and M.D. from the State University of New York. He has developed and led health systems in North America and the Caribbean, has consulted and taught in more than twenty countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas. Dr. Sorel is the author of more than sixty scientific papers and book chapters and the editor of seven books.
SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR: http://www.naturebox.com/thinkingatheist
GIVE A WEDDING GIFT: http://www.razoo.com/story/A-Wedding-Gift-Beyond-Belief
SECULAR THERAPIST BLOG ARTICLE: http://freethoughtblogs.com/greta/2014/08/20/secular-therapist-project/
JERRY COYNE'S ARTICLE ON ROBIN WILLIAMS (with Stephen Fry letter): http://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com/2014/08/12/robin-williams-depression-and-stephen-fry
In recent weeks, we've been dealing with the human mind and its ability to accept irrational things. This week, we're dealing directly with the complex issue of mental health, specifically things like depression, anxiety, grief, addiction, mood disorders and more.
Blogger, speaker and activist JT Eberhard has revealed publicly his own battles with depression, giving a talk at Skepticon 4 titled, "Mental Illness and Why The Skeptic Community Should Give a Shit." (LINK: http://youtu.be/UI-YvrHZVvk) Michaelyn Eberhard has a bachelors degree in neuroscience and is a freethought activist. Jeremiah Beene studies Ph.D Clinical Psychology at the University of Mississippi. And Dr. Darrel Ray is a clinical psychologist, author and expert on mental health. They join us for the show, plus your calls and emails.
Call-In: (347) 850-8445
Tonight we will be discussing Robin Williams and the impact he had on all of us, along with discussing Mental Health issues and the stigma that surrounds it.
Here is the statement from the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention about the loss of Robin Williams to depression:
"We are deeply saddened by the death of Robin Williams. When many media reports focus on the issue of suicide, it can often bring up painful memories for suicide loss survivors. Please remember to take care of yourself and your loved ones in the coming days. If you or someone you know is struggling please contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline '1-800-273-TALK (8255)"
Join Carol Ring and I as we talk about Corporate Cultures ~ is yours by design or default? We will look at employee mental stress from misalignment of a Company's communication on their "Values" versus its actual daily operational actions.416-268-5115 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (116 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (41 chatters)
- Curious Times (22 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (15 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (14 chatters)
- Coach Khayr (14 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (14 chatters)
- John Baptist (9 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (8 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (7 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (6 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (6 chatters)
- Get Real LOL uncensored reality tv (6 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (5 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (5 chatters)
- Brian Treybig (4 chatters)
- Dave in the City (4 chatters)
- thedean (4 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (4 chatters)
- Tony Robinson El (3 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (3 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (3 chatters)
- Jennifer Hough (3 chatters)
- EPiphany The 4REALRADIONETWORK (3 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (3 chatters)
- Universal Radio (3 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (2 chatters)
- Welcome to Docradio Network (2 chatters)
- WTLC Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- Boyd and Lucinda (2 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (2 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (2 chatters)
- BeverlyD (2 chatters)
- BFD Fantasy Football (2 chatters)
- Emotion Code Healing (2 chatters)
- DDP Radio (2 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (2 chatters)
- Dr Auset (2 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (2 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (2 chatters)
- Dr Rick Wallace Ph D (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- knowurenemy (2 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (2 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (2 chatters)
- thelordshour (2 chatters)
- The Curtner And Kerr Radio Show (2 chatters)
- The Jacob Kohinoor Show (2 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (1 chatters)
- theKingscourt (1 chatters)
- MoeTalkRadio (1 chatters)
- The Biblical Hebrew (1 chatters)
- The Savage and Starbuck Show (1 chatters)
- The URC Show (1 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (1 chatters)
- Lifeline with Cindy Sommer (1 chatters)
- Omega Man (1 chatters)
- Omega Man Channel 2 (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Opulent Network (1 chatters)
- Pure Journey Radio (1 chatters)
- PwtorchEastCoastCast (1 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (1 chatters)
- RFB Radio WOW (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- SecularTalkRadio (1 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Steves segments (1 chatters)
- SURN Host (1 chatters)
- Sweetenginesounds (1 chatters)
- HHIII and LeeCrowe (1 chatters)
- HME Network (1 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (1 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (1 chatters)
- Feldman World Group (1 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (1 chatters)
- Bill Murray (1 chatters)
- Body of Christ (1 chatters)
- AndreaMiller0 (1 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (1 chatters)
- BTR4367 (1 chatters)
- canadianglen (1 chatters)
- Yo Momma Black (1 chatters)
- WKPJB 1039 The Indie Storm (1 chatters)
- USA Emergency Broadcasting Network (1 chatters)