SORT BY Relevancy
The confusion caused by Medicare reform and the evolving insurance industry comes at a time when more Americans are expected to be enrolling. To help clear up the confusion we will be discussing what Medicare is? How Medicare works? What Medicare doesn’t cover. Medicare co-pays. The importance of the plans Part C and D as well as supplements, and how the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) affects Medicare. Join Mark and his special guest Marsha Lewis for a very informative discussion.
This week’s show
July 7th, 2014
America can afford Medicare for all
Last week while performing my engineering duties on KPFT’s Thinkwing Radio with Mike Honig, a rather disturbing call came from a caller. The caller was not a bad person. The caller was not ill willed. The caller simply bought into the tenet that the mythical free market can solve all of America and the world’s problems.
I do not mind folks having different ideological beliefs in most segments of our economy. In fact it may even be a great experiment to show what works effectively.
Where these ideologies cause pain, financial distress, or deaths unnecessarily to our fellow human beings, to our fellow Americans, one should not leave it up to some unseen, unknown, or so far failed market.
When the caller implied that morality had no role in the implementation of healthcare, I was left flabbergasted. He seemed to be of the belief that somehow there was some intrinsic benevolence to our mythical free market.
There are grey areas in every debate. However there are areas where there are absolutes. Healthcare is one of the areas with absolutes. Those who want a complete mythical free market answer to healthcare have already been proven wrong. Americans need not have had to go through the past decades of wasteful medical spending and medical robbery. Simple arithmetic had the answer.
There is only one solution that makes mathematical sense. It is Medicare for all.
This show is part of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Patient Education Series. Join Janet Bowman, SHIBA / Medicare Outreach Coordinator, Multnomah County Aging and Disability Services, and Sue Sumpter, Patient Services Manager from the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. This show was taped with a live audience.
Janet discusses your Medicare Rights and Benefits, how to sign up and what to think about in choosing Medicare Part D programs, covering expensive medications and health supplement plans. An explanation of Medicare Rights and Benefits, and current topics. “Observation” vs. “Admission” status in the hospital, what to consider when choosing Medicare plans, and where to find answers.
Susan Chaffin is the Director, Medicare Advantage Revenue Management for DST Health Solutions. In this episode, Susan explains how andwhy HCC's are so important and how the new law impacts health plans and payers. Also, given the change in payment methodology, she explains how health plans need to adjust.
Tune in as the Sistas commemorate the 50th anniversary of the 1964 Civil Rights Act. They'll be joined by Civil Rights Activist and Freedom Rider, Joan Mulholland, and her son Loki Mulholland, award-winning filmmaker and director of An Ordinary Hero: The True Story of Joan Trumpauer Mulholland.
Joan Trumpauer Mulholland participated in one of the most famous and violent sit-ins of the Civil Rights Movement at the Jackson Woolworth lunch counter. She has come face-to-face with the KKK, was put on death row in Mississippi’s notorious Parchman Penitentiary with fellow Freedom Riders, and helped plan and organize the March on Washington. Following in his mother's footsteps, Loki Mulholland creates films that make a difference in the world. Joan and Loki founded the JTM Foundation, a non-profit organization that educates youth about the Civil Rights Movement and empowers them with the idea that they can make a difference. Click here to learn more and contribute to their work.
Our Guest Today:
Judy Robinson is the VICAP Coordinator and Financial Wellness Specialist at JABA. Her duties include helping older adults and their families navigate Medicare Part D reviews, benefits applications, plan reviews for Marketplace insurance and reverse mortgage counseling, as well as counseling new Medicare beneficiaries on their supplemental insurance options. She oversees a substantial team of dedicated volunteer counselors serving Planning District 10. She graduated with distinction from the University of Virginia in 1981 with a Bachelor of Science in Biology, and has worked in refugee resettlement, income tax preparation and biochemical research.
NATIONSTAR LOAN MODIFICATION RUNAROUNDS DENIALS VIOLATING FEDERAL CONSUMER PROTECTION LAWS RMA REFUSALS DODD-FRANK ACT VIOLATIONS
"the daily complaint"
Every weekday we will be answering client complaints on THE DEBT SHOW to provide direction and resources for both the person complaining as well as other consumers experiencing similar issues whether it be mortgage fraud, loan servicing escrow issues, loan modification runarounds or denials, short sale refusals, deed in lieu negotiations and credit card debt collector abuses and fraud violations.
I routinely look for posts to answer in hopes that it will not only bring optimism to those homeowners and borrowers in distress but also some basic information to assist in fighting the banks that are "too big to fail" like Bank of America and Citi but yet don't appreciate the bailout that we provided in their time of need. The debt collectors like Ocwen and Nationstar are simply just scumbags but they can be beat at their own game too just like the big banks can be defeated.
We are committed to answering consumer complaints and addressing everyday credit and debt issues on THE DEBT SHOW!
We hope you enjoy THE DEBT SHOW...
Phone (888) 234-7006 Ext 101
Fax (888) 234-7096
Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's END!
Will you pay more taxes with the affordable care act? The Tax Superman is going to share with us if this is true or not.
Listeners will learn: The facts about ACA Tax Credits and the basics.
The book focuses on what matters to all Americans; paying less taxes. The Affordable Care Act (ACA) creates 21 new tax hikes and breaks. Which tax will you pay? Which break can you benefit from? How can you avoid it all
Corky Kessler, Esq explains how to market your film, find donors and raise $$ online for features thru the JOBS ACT.
For information about Carole Dean and From the Heart Productions please visit www.FromtheHeartProductions.com and "Like" our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/fromtheheartgrants
Dr. Chaps reports on these important issues:
* Colorado commission forces Christian baker to make homosexual wedding cakes.
* Obama administration is making Medicare pay for sex-change operations.
* Houston is opening ladies’ restrooms to cross-dressing men.
Join Scott, Cherise and George with Sue Berger (Crusader for CGM Coverage by Medicare)
Last year Sue and her husband turned 65 and her definition of herself changed; she defines herself as her husband’s advocate for his Continuous Glucose Monitor (CGM).They started this journey sometime in September or October of 2012 when he needed a new CGM because his 2 ½ year old system had started to behave very erratically. They never considered that they would have a problem replacing the CGM with a new one...they were wrong.
Join me Monday, July 14th at 6 p.m. Pacific/9 Eastern on Radio Enso as we dip into the RE Archives. We'll be re-airing a great chat I had back in August 2013 with veteran radio host and journalist Tess Vigeland. Tess wowed the crowd at WDS in Portland, Oregon last summer with her keynote speech "What the Hell Are You Doing?! A Serious Stare Down the Barrel of an Ordinary Life", her vulnerable and real-life tale of giving up a sure thing for the chance to pursue a dream! We learned more about Tess' journey, what happened immediately after her speech, and how her brave talk about "figuring out Act Four" has already inspired so many!
About: Tess Vigeland is a veteran journalist, and a well-known voice to millions of American radio listeners. She is the CEO of Tess Vigeland Productions, a Los Angeles-based multi-media company. She is currently writing her first book, about career transition, under contract with Random House.
Until November 2012, Vigeland was the host of Marketplace Money, a weekly personal finance program that looks at why we do what we do with our money. She and her guests took calls from listeners to answer their most vexing money management questions, and helped explain what the latest business and financial news means to our wallets and bank accounts. Vigeland traveled the country for live stage shows of Marketplace and Marketplace Money.
For her outstanding achievements in journalism, Vigeland has earned numerous awards from the Associated Press and Society of Professional Journalists. She is a contributor to The New York Times and a volunteer fundraiser for the Pasadena Animal League and Pasadena Humane Society.
For more info, visit: http://tessvigeland.com.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (60 chatters)
- Hot Button Debates (29 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (24 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (22 chatters)
- The Portal (19 chatters)
- Straitway (17 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (16 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (15 chatters)
- The Oracle Speaks (13 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (11 chatters)
- in5d (11 chatters)
- thelordshour (10 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (10 chatters)
- The One People Oneness Radio (7 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (7 chatters)
- Conservative Report (6 chatters)
- Tinabrandon (6 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (6 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (5 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (5 chatters)
- Body of Christ (5 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (5 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (5 chatters)
- The Tailgate Show (5 chatters)
- The Voice of Leadership (5 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (5 chatters)
- King of All Trades Blog Talk (5 chatters)
- Domination and Submission (4 chatters)
- LetsGetMetaphysical (4 chatters)
- Da Puter Shack Karaoke Radio (4 chatters)
- Living Astrology (3 chatters)
- HOV Radio (3 chatters)
- Positively Incorrect (3 chatters)
- ReflectRadio (3 chatters)
- The Love Zone USA (3 chatters)
- USA Emergency Broadcasting Network (3 chatters)
- Tribulation News (2 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (2 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- Stilettos And Convos (2 chatters)
- The Liberal Redneck (2 chatters)
- Open Talk with Les Jackson (2 chatters)
- prophecynewsandviews (2 chatters)
- Rifleman (2 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (2 chatters)
- SiS NSpirit (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (2 chatters)
- dtm radio (2 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (2 chatters)
- bridge to Humanity (2 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (2 chatters)
- Bill Murray (2 chatters)
- Art Bulla (2 chatters)
- Autistic People (2 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (1 chatters)
- Bishop Maurice L Irvin (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- COBASM Radio (1 chatters)
- Diary of A Psalmist (1 chatters)
- Cowboy Wisdom Radio (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- CrystalPSmith (1 chatters)
- FanSportsandPolitics (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (1 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- Matty Ps Radio Happy Hour (1 chatters)
- Lawful Remedies with Tony Davis (1 chatters)
- Promoting Positive Art Expressions (1 chatters)
- NDB Media (1 chatters)
- ONTHEGRiND BOXiNG (1 chatters)
- The Literary Corner (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- Whisper Out Loud Radio Network (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (0 chatters)
- mashahba (0 chatters)
- ElijahFireRadio (0 chatters)