SORT BY Relevancy
Tonight my guest co-host JoNah Daryous Sawyers and I will be sharing facts and ways to have your younger children learn about MLK too as well as share events going that you can be apart of in MD. Civil Rights Day is an alternative name for the national holiday named after Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Certain states have chosen to celebrate the same holiday under both names in order to celebrate civil rights as a whole, including all of the contributions made by activists during the 1960s and beyond. Like Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Civil Rights Day occurs every third Monday in January. Martin Luther King, Jr. is one of the most notable figures in the history of human rights. He is recognized as the leading activist during the Civil Rights Movement, which hit its peak during the 1960s. King is credited with forming the largest campaigns to promote racial equality and desegregation. He was also the youngest recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize. King was assassinated in 1968, but his work hasn’t been forgotten. Activists continued with King’s work after his death, but they also wanted him to be remembered on a much larger scale. An idea soon circled about creating a holiday to coincide with his birthday, which was January 15th. It took many years for the idea to come together to create a national holiday. In 1983, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day officially became a federal holiday after President Ronal Reagan signed it into law. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day is a national holiday, which means that all government offices and public schools are closed in observance.
Co Host Ron March showings how civil rights is on trial.....Michael Vick civil rights vs Michael Brown civil rights....What is civil rights, why is it on trail, the difference between civil rights and human rights
In December of 1964, Dr. King traveled to Norway to receive the Nobel Peace Prize, and afterwards he began voicing his views on capitalism and socialism. In 1966, Dr. King made a trip to a SCLC staff meeting and he said the following: “Something is wrong with capitalism... There must be a better distribution of wealth, and maybe America must move toward a Democratic Socialism. In this episode, we will discuss why King criticized capitalism, and why he viewed democratic socialism as a better alternative.
Why Insured Civil Rights? Many people injured in Car Accidents can spend up to ten years waiting for a fair and equitable settlement, only to be worse off by the end of their claim. In fact, far too many find themselves living at poverty levels, by no fault of their own. Congress supports the Insurance Industry through Lobbyist allowing a lack of legislation which could aid insured in receiving prompt payments and legal avenues to move their claims forward in a timely manner. Insured Civil Rights Act could make this possible and empower Car Accident Victims creating a level playing field to that of Insurance Companies with vast wealth and influence. .
TONIGHT WE PAY HOMAGE TO OUR ELDER MARTIN LUITHER KING JUNIOR WITH TWO OF HIS SPEECHES:
I'VE BEEN TO THE MOUNTAIN TOP & HIS COMMENTARY ON RACE REALTIONS
PLEASE JOIN US. 347-857-1759 TO CALL IN AND LISTEN!
On July 2, 1964, exactly 50 years ago today, President Lyndon B. Johnson signed into law the historic Civil Rights Act. The legislation outlawed discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender or national origin. It also ended discriminatory application of voter registration requirements as well as racial segregation in schools as well as in the workplace.
This landmark legislation was viewed as the culmination of the work of the civil rights movement. We are honored to have with us on this historic anniversary of the passing of the Civil Rights Act, Mr. Jesse Epps, one of Dr. Martin Luther King's closest friends and advisors. Mr. Epps was with Dr. King on the day of his assassination.
It is the life mission of Jesse Epps to forward the work of Dr. King. He was a major part of the civil rights movement back then, and now, Jesse Epps is making history with the Rebirth of America http://americarebirth.org and Neighbors Uniting American Families. http://nuafonline.org He will share about that and how you can play a role.
We have come a long way with Civil Rights. The problem is that we still have a very long way to go!
Today, on The Meter, we discuss the legacy of Martin Luther King. The civil rights leader organized marches throughout his career that led to sweeping reforms in race relations. We will cover the latest in the New Jersey bridge "scandal" involving Gov. Chris Christie and how this may effect his presidential desires. As he midterm elections take shape a voter ID law in Pennsylvania has been struck down by a state judge claiming its an unreasonable burden. In North Carolina a judge has stuck down a law requiring a woman to have an ultrasound before an abortion. Are these cases a threat to democracy? In a seemingly rare moment of bipartisanship the US Congress passed a $1.1 Trillion spending bill that funds the government thought September reversing previous cuts and freezes. Please join the discussion at 10:00 AM. your not is essential.
Kings in the morning (IN THE MORNING) has been a show that has been around for a couple of years now, gaining popularity, and affection. Full of information, data, help, comedy, interviews every Monday thru Friday, here on the JKN (The Jay King Network) founded by Lynn Tolliver jr. On Wednesdays, KITM is following by Johnny "Graham Cracker" Davis, with Wild Wednesdays, Doctor Princess Odilia on Thursdays, and Tony B from the D on Fridays.
347-205-9366 is the number for every show on the JKN. All Rights Reserved. Thank you for helping us grow.
Jay King, Lynn Tolliver & the rest..........
Join Doctor-Attorney-Author Mayer Eisenstein and Vaccine Rights Attorney Alan Phillips as they discuss Alan's new Natural News article, "Employee Vaccine Mandates: Observations of an Vaccine Rights Attorney"; a published poll revealing that 95% of medical doctors encounter concerns from their patients or parents when discussing vaccines; the increasingly aggressive attacks from pro-vaxers against anti-vaccine views; misleading small pox statistics discussed in an 1880 meeting of the International Antivaccine League in Paris; the CDC's accidental release of anthrax and small pox germs; the pattern of health officials' exaggeration of infectious disease concerns, that profit of big pharma, when actual disease effects have been minimal; a caller's successful localized grass-roots effort to educate parents and others about vaccines; how school and daycare exemption laws vary from state to state; and more!
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (72 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (45 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (30 chatters)
- The Oracle Speaks (24 chatters)
- CrystalClearSpeaks (22 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (20 chatters)
- The Portal (16 chatters)
- Sweet Psychic (15 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (14 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (12 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (11 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (11 chatters)
- MN.B.R.T. (10 chatters)
- ReflectRadio (8 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (8 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (8 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (8 chatters)
- Brother Sean X (7 chatters)
- dtm radio (7 chatters)
- Rifleman (6 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (6 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (6 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (5 chatters)
- Monster X Radio1 (5 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (5 chatters)
- Conservative Report (5 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (5 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (4 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (4 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- Body of Christ (3 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (3 chatters)
- Healing Light Radio (3 chatters)
- The Liberal Redneck (3 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (3 chatters)
- The Tailgate Show (3 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (3 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (2 chatters)
- The Grace View (2 chatters)
- The Love Zone USA (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- Stilettos And Convos (2 chatters)
- NewMusicInferno (2 chatters)
- Omega Man (2 chatters)
- HannaproDiscus (2 chatters)
- Fantasy Big Dogs Radio (2 chatters)
- Diary of A Psalmist (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- DungeonCrawlersRadio (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- Art Bulla (1 chatters)
- BerniceBennett (1 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (1 chatters)
- G Konsciousness Radio (1 chatters)
- Game Night (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (1 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (1 chatters)
- Erotic Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- eWrestling Radio (1 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (1 chatters)
- King Jordan TALK SHOW (1 chatters)
- Packers Talk Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Positively Incorrect (1 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (1 chatters)
- Radio Akasha (1 chatters)
- reactionariez (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- Live with Shirley (1 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- Station IWDM (1 chatters)
- Relationships360 (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The Crystal Show (1 chatters)
- The Janet Love Show (1 chatters)
- The Keys107 (1 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (1 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (0 chatters)