SORT BY Relevancy
With medical marijuana dispensaries that can sell to tourists set to open soon in Nevada, Las Vegas is rapidly becoming a hot spot for marijuana tourism. Longtime Las Vegas patient advocate Cindy Brown has been involved in the Las Vegas mmj scene for many years and will bring us up to date on what is happening in Sin City including when the dispensaries are expected to open, what will be the requirements to purchase and just how cannabis friendly is Las Vegas really becoming.
Keeping up with our nation’s rapidly changing marijuana laws can be a real challenge. Thankfully there is the Margolin Guide to Marijuana Laws in California and throughout the United States. As one of the longest practicing marijuana attorney’s in California and as director of the LA Chapter of NORML, Bruce Margolin has been involved in many precedent setting marijuana cases and has seen the changes in the marijuana law at all levels of government. As the show’s second guest, attorney Margolin will talk about how the guide came into being, what are its contents and how to use it when you need marijuana law information. Plus you can learn how you can obtain a free copy of this authoritative book.
Marijuana legalization measures have been a mixed bag of good and bad for medical marijuana patients. With California most likely to have a legalization initiative on the ballot in 2016, legalization proponents want to work with medical marijuana patients to ensure that their rights are protected under any marijuana legalization initiatives that are on the ballot.
Dale Sky Jones is Director of the Coalition for Cannabis Policy Reform, a California based nonpartisan organization dedicated to ending marijuana prohibition through ballot initiatives, legislative collaboration and public education campaigns. As the shows first guest, Ms. Jones will provide information on the series of roundtable discussions being held in Los Angeles, Riverside, San Diego and Santa Ana on Jan. 30 and 31. Information on prospects for the 2016 initiatives and how patients can work together to make sure they do not have a negative impact is at the center of these community forums.
Students for Sensible Drug Policy at the University of California at Irvine are sponsoring a symposium on Saturday, Feb. 21 that will bring together experts from the legal, political, and judicial arenas, as well as civil rights activists, harm reduction workers, entrepreneurs, and full-time reform workers for an in-depth look at how U.S. drug policies have affected society, and what lies ahead on the horizon.
The show’s second guest is Lauren Ayn Mendelsohn, coordinator for SSDP at UCI who is also a J.D. Candidate, 2016. She will explain the ins and outs of this important symposium and reveal the names of the invited speakers and participants. Marijuana law reform is a key component of the reform process and Ms. Mendelsohn will provide information on how this is incorporated into the symposium’s presentations.
The Marijuana Policy Project has sponsored more successful medical marijuana and legalization initiatives than any other organization in the U.S.A. In 2016 they will be involved with legalization initiatives in Arizona, California, Maine and Nevada. Our first guest is Morgan Fox, Communications Manager for MPP providing insights into the planning and preparations being made in 2015 to insure the success of these marijuana legalization initiatives. With a successful track record at the ballot box unmatched by any other organization, Mr. Fox will lay out the plans for success and most importantly how you can participate with MPP to make the world safe for marijuana.
20 miles from the sprawling 29 Palms Marine Base and just 15 miles from the renowned Joshua Tree National Park, sits Yucca Valley a small desert town of 20,000. The town had “tolerated” one medical marijuana dispensary for three years but forced it to close in 2014. Our second guest is Jason Elassner who headed the successful campaign to place an initiative before voters allowing dispensaries to open. Having collected enough signatures to require a special election, Jason will divulge the backroom deals and expose the small town intrigues that are changing the political landscape.
On Talk About, Rez and Andy have a conversation with Cinder marijuana store owner, Justin Pederson, and find out how he's doing one year after legalization.
Is he getting rich? What do his friends and family think about his business? Did the community embrace him? Can you make a living with all the extra state and federal taxes?
Find out on this show.
We are witnesses to the advent of a new age: a medical and recreational one. And unless you’ve been behind a cloud of smoke, we’ve recently witnessed more than 20 states approve marijuana use for medicinal purposes. Fadia Bascom, our awesome guest host, takes over the airwaves once again to discuss marijuana in America. Her two special guests are Larry Love and Sohum Shah.
Sohum Shah is the Chief Operating Officer of the Cannabis Commodities Exchange (CCX). CCX is the premier online wholesale transaction platform for state-licensed canna-businesses in Colorado and was launched at the 2014 High Times US Cannabis Cup in Denver. Soon after, CCX expanded operations to Washington's adult-use system.
Larry Love has been a patient and advocate for the Medical Cannabis Program (MC) in New Mexico since 2009. He also produces and hosts a weekly live MMJ Talk Show on the internet. For two years, Love managed one of Santa Fe’s first Medical Marijuana Dispensaries which specialized in front-end sales and patient cannabis consultations. In addition, Love's a LOTTO expert and has appeared on several networks including NBC, ABC, CBS, and CNN.
For the first time in 50 years, a judge held a hearing examining the classification of marijuana under the 1970 Controlled Substances Act. On April 15, U.S. District Judge Kimberly Mueller announced that she would not overturn the law stating “At some point in time, a court may decide this status to be unconstitutional, but this is not the court and not the time.”
Explaining what happened is the show’s first guest Zenia Gilg, the lead attorney in the lawsuit seeking to have the law overturned. Ms. Gillig will provide the background on how the case came before Judge Mueller, the basis for their legal arguments on why the law is unconstitutional, why the Judge ruled against them and what effect the ruling will have.
The city of San Bernardino is bankrupt but that hasn’t kept them from spending money they don’t have trying to close down medical marijuana dispensaries. William Cioci, president of the Brownie Mary Democratic Club of San Bernardino, has filed an initiative with the city that would set up a committee to develop an ordinance that would regulate or ban recreational and medical marijuana facilities.
To be known as The Jesse Act in memory of William’s son James Cioci, the San Bernardino Marijuana Clarity Act seeks to bring some common sense to the financially stressed city. Mr. Cioci will delve into San Bernardino’s tortured history with medical marijuana dispensaries and how his initiative intends to address both the city’s financial and legal problems.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (497 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (69 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (58 chatters)
- ANGRYFANS RADIO 1 (49 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (28 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (25 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (23 chatters)
- SasquatchWatch Radio (22 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (22 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (18 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (18 chatters)
- thelordshour (16 chatters)
- Odwirafo (13 chatters)
- AlyBlue Media (13 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (12 chatters)
- in5d (10 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (10 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (9 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (8 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (7 chatters)
- Witch School (7 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (6 chatters)
- the LMC Radio Network (6 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (5 chatters)
- All Fans Sports Radio (5 chatters)
- InThePaint (5 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (5 chatters)
- Brower Report (4 chatters)
- Eye of the Seer (4 chatters)
- IDECLAIR (4 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (4 chatters)
- Tarhaka (4 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (4 chatters)
- The Fourth Turn Radio (3 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (3 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (3 chatters)
- Twin Radio (3 chatters)
- RLS Network (3 chatters)
- RoxieZw (3 chatters)
- SandyRodgers (3 chatters)
- NCI Radio (3 chatters)
- Life Conversations (3 chatters)
- Ashes2Beauty (3 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (2 chatters)
- Alex Cardinale Network (2 chatters)
- DHead Radio (2 chatters)
- Ed Boston Podcast (2 chatters)
- Lez Elegance Radio (2 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (2 chatters)
- nXphase Records (2 chatters)
- SURN Host (2 chatters)
- Shay Renae and Friends (2 chatters)
- Teas with Rie (2 chatters)
- The Goddess Suite (2 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (2 chatters)
- WorldOfInkNetwork (2 chatters)
- WYMS Radio (2 chatters)
- thedean (2 chatters)
- Zaiyahs House (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)
- Talking Smooth Jazz (1 chatters)
- UP AND DOWN MAGAZINE RADIO23 (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (1 chatters)
- ROADTOSTARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (1 chatters)
- Rated G Radio (1 chatters)
- Real1Talk1 (1 chatters)
- Curious Times (1 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- Married Men Dont Talk Show (1 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- AverageBlackMan (1 chatters)
- ChrystyanaLadoucer (0 chatters)
- Rainbow Warrior GodDess (0 chatters)