SORT BY Relevancy
Joe was part of the announcing team at the 2014 ASICS LA Marathon. It was a beautiful day in Los Angeles as more than 25,000 runners ran from the LA Dodgers Stadium to the seaside finish in Santa Monica. We'll take a short stop at the expo, talk with some old friends, a few vendors and the race officials from the San Francisco Marathon. Joe caught up the the CEO of the LA Marathon and spent 15 minutes talking about the event, the bright future of the LA Marathon and the Olympic Trials. At the end Joe shares some thoughts about what it's like to watch you finish a marathon.
Reno Stirrat and Gary Allen are two of the most remarkable marathon runners in the world. They're members of a small, elite group of runners who have run sub 3:00 marathons in each of the last 5 decades. Beginning in the 70's and all the way through the current day, they've run marathons in the sub 3:00 hour category. It's a fascinating discussion. We'll cover their journey into marathon running, how they've stayed in shape, what it was like when women entered the sport, how they feel about race fields increasing in size and diversity of talents, the 2013 Boston Marathon, the future of America in the sport of marathon running and what it's like to line up in corral #1 for over 35 years. All that plus their reflection on Joan Benoit Samuelson's win at the LA Olympics and much, much more.
Yolanda Holder is known around the world. She hold the Guinness Record for most marathons in a year by a woman. Today she's on to talk about her 521 mile epic marathon over 16 days to raise money and awareness for diabetes. She'll talk about getting sponsors, preparing and planning and her epic journey. We'll talk about tricks to keep cool when it's hot, 93 marathons she doesn't even count in her life total, how many pair of shoes she brought and much, much more. It's a great story. Enjoy.
We're off to the Surf City Marathon today. It's set in Huntington Beach, CA on the ocean on Super Bowl Sunday. More than 20,000 people come out for these events each year. This year we produced this show and filmed The Marathon Show for television. You'll hear Joe take you out on the race course and talk about the experience of filming a marathon for the show. Along the way you'll hear his Super Bowl prediction and meet some amazing people battling cancer. You'll also hear him looking for the person who dropped the "Go Jesus" sign, he'll talk to a woman walking walking backwards pulling a jogging stroller and some of the comedy involved in using runners, spectators and volunteers as actors in the show.
Don Kern has completed marathon adventures that most people can only dream of. His story of running races around the world is remarkable and he's achieved records for his accomplishment. It's an amazing story running, determination and endurance. You'll enjoy this very much.
Gwendolen Twist is the producer of Spirit of the Marathon II and our friend Julie Weiss is one of the 7 runners featured in this movie that premiers next week. Gwen and Julie are on the show to talk about this amazing movie. Among many other things you'll hear how our sport transcends life, filming challenges at the Rome Marathon, get insights into some remarkable life stories and what the non-running entertainment industry thinks about our sport. There is much more and you're sure to enjoy this preview
We're running with the holiday geniuses today. It's the 2013 Holiday Half Marathon in Pomona, CA. We arrive on race morning, visit with a few friends then broadcast while running the race. Along the way we'll get passed by thousands of students, talk with a runner who is battling skin cancer, dream of England with some discussion of fell running, meet some first time runners, offer some advice on becoming a good hill runner, and much, much more. It's the last half marathon of the year. Enjoy
The Happiest Place on Earth become the happiest place "to run" on Earth. It's the Disneyland Half marathon and it's the kick-off to marathon season. We'll visit with Jeff Galloway and Joey Fatone at a special event. On race day you'll hear from a couple who got engaged during a surpise event on the stage, Joe gets passed by women who is 31 weeks pregnant, we'll do some singing and dancing, talk about the funniest race sign at any race, interview our friends and much, much more.
A beautiful day in one of America's favorite cities is the setting for this Rock 'n' Roll race. San Francisco plays host and Transamerica is the sponsor of this point to point half marathon. While at the expo, we visit with some locals who tell us what they love about San Francisco, plus we'll talk with some runners and vendors. Race day is early with the start line near the Pacific Ocean and the finish line at City Hall. Along the way we'll bump into some very tall women who are running, a guy who complains the "On Air" sign is too small, people running for a cause, the Michelob Ultra sponsor and a restaurant owner who doesn't want the show in his space. We also interview people just as they finish. Great stories.
Gary Allen has run the Boston Marathon many times, he knows all the officials of the BAA and he has access most of us could only dream of. He's on today to talk about where he was, what he saw and where he'll be in April 2014. James Winston is a detective with the Chicago Police Department's bomb and arson unit. James is also an active marathon runner. James talks to us about his impressions of the blast, our safety and his outlook on the sport.
Bart Yasso of Runners World Magazine is on to share stories about running and to talk about his book, "The Runners World Big Book of Marathon and Half Marathon Training." Bart answers questions from the audience and talks about cross training, preparation for hilly marathons, common injuries, the Boston and NYC marathon, the Rolling Stone cover and much, much more. Enjoy.
Behind the scenes of producing a marathon telecast. Steve Mayer is the executive producer of IMG Productions which produces the New York City and Boston Marathon. He was in New York last year with Sandy and he was in Boston when the bombs went off. He shares his experiences and how his team is setting up for this year's ING New York City Marathon. It's some unique ponts of view on the sport we love so much. Joe finishes the show with a spontaneous list of the top marathons in America and provides some commentary about a list of marathon mistakes he read in a magazine.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (35 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (26 chatters)
- MN.B.R.T. (25 chatters)
- Namaste Farms (23 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (18 chatters)
- Healing Light Radio (18 chatters)
- The Lions are Out the Cage (18 chatters)
- StarChasr (17 chatters)
- Get Real LOL uncensored reality tv (17 chatters)
- Curious Times (14 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (14 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (13 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (10 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (9 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (9 chatters)
- Shifting Times Radio (8 chatters)
- TonyWolfPaw (8 chatters)
- The Seika Network (7 chatters)
- EnlightenmentEvolution Network (7 chatters)
- Erotic Talk Radio (7 chatters)
- drkate (6 chatters)
- Live with Shirley (6 chatters)
- SURN Host (6 chatters)
- Talking Terror Presents (5 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (4 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (4 chatters)
- Raw Sex (4 chatters)
- Restoring Your Reality (4 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (4 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (3 chatters)
- men empowered (3 chatters)
- Jay King Network (3 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (2 chatters)
- Growl Radio (2 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx (2 chatters)
- Dr PrincessOdilia (2 chatters)
- Enough Iz Enough (2 chatters)
- FFN On The Air (2 chatters)
- G Konsciousness Radio (2 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (2 chatters)
- The Crystal Show (2 chatters)
- Omega Man Channel 2 (2 chatters)
- Quagmire America (2 chatters)
- Non Partisan Liberty For all (2 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (2 chatters)
- WDC DA MOVEMENT (1 chatters)
- Terrachat Net (1 chatters)
- The View from Montana (1 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- God In The Midst (1 chatters)
- Enterpraisement Media Group (1 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (1 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (1 chatters)
- Ask the Theologian (1 chatters)
- Big Brother After Show (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- KLJN 107 7 (1 chatters)
- LadiesTellAll (1 chatters)
- Iconici Radio MMA (1 chatters)
- Injustice System (1 chatters)
- NDB Media (1 chatters)