SORT BY Relevancy
I have done several shows about Lymphedema and the grassroots efforts to get the Lymphedema Treatment Bill passed. This one came from an original airing of 5/1/10.
"Back in March, we had a show introducting you to the HR 4662 which involves the improvement for health care costs for lymphedema patients. Please join us again today to learn what has been done, what you can do, and what this means to you if you (or someone you know) has lymphedema. We need to get this bill passed in this year's legislation session. We will have Jennifer and Jenny on our show, as well as some other pertinent people that can add more to enlighten about this very important bill." http://www.blogtalkradio.com/oralhistory/2010/05/01/beyond-words-live--understanding-hb-4662
BEYOND WORDS LIVE is designed as a platform for survivors to tell their own stories in their own words.
For more information see http://facebook.com/LymphedemaInTheNews or http://lymphedematreatmentact.org/.
Dr. Stanley Rockson (of Stanford University Medical School) states that: "Lymphedema is a common disease. Approximately 10 million Americans, for example, have lymphedema secondary to breast and pelvic cancer therapy, recurrent infections, injuries, or vascular surgery." (2010) Imagine, if there were approximately 10 million Americans then, how many more there are now in 2014 (knowing that there is no cure for it as it stands to date)?
For many years, I had key advocates come on my show to discuss various cases and, especially, the aspects of advocating in the legislature. On January 27th, Heather Ferguson (one of those advocates) will come on my show to discuss some updates on those legislative issues being presented.
Today, though, I will open the mic up to patients, advocates, and caregivers especially to tell their stories on how Lymphedema has affected them. We will then share this with legislators to personally hear the many stories typical to illustrate the pervasiveness of this condition.
Please mark your calendars and join us on March 6th at 10a CST to share and/or be better informed about these issues.
Join Host Live Chats
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (49 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (40 chatters)
- Curious Times (27 chatters)
- ParanormalReview (26 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (25 chatters)
- Amy Peikoff (21 chatters)
- RadioItahuka (20 chatters)
- Forward Boldly (12 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (12 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (10 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (9 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (9 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (8 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (8 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (8 chatters)
- Project Woodhaven (8 chatters)
- TruthWorks Network (8 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (7 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (5 chatters)
- Ice Cream Convos (5 chatters)
- Andrew Aloha (4 chatters)
- BennetPomerantz (3 chatters)
- Hickory Paranormal Radio (3 chatters)
- Unseen World (3 chatters)
- WTLC Talk Radio (3 chatters)
- EmilioDiaz (2 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (2 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (2 chatters)
- SmartMarkRadio (2 chatters)
- SOAP (1 chatters)
- SportsTime Radio (1 chatters)
- Steves segments (1 chatters)
- SURN Host (1 chatters)
- Path Of Life (1 chatters)
- Marcy Ann (1 chatters)
- men empowered (1 chatters)
- NathanWalters0 (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Bible Smack Radio (1 chatters)
- Big C Radio (1 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (1 chatters)
- Bay Bridge Sports Hub (1 chatters)
- Addam from Adam (1 chatters)
- Two Sides Of The Story Productions (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Tha Real McCoy (1 chatters)
- Chicago Bulls Fan Talk (0 chatters)