SORT BY Relevancy
Artist Paul Richmond joins the show to talk about his art and activism on tonight's show!
Call 323 657-1493 to ask Paul a question and join the fun!
Visit Paul's website and purchase his art here!
Paul is a visual artist and activist whose paintings draw inspiration from his own experiences as a young gay man. Since graduating college in 2002, his artwork has become a vehicle for exploring and understanding his own journey, as well as developing a dialogue with other members of the LGBTQ community. Influenced by his own struggles as he came to terms with his sexual identity, he seeks to challenge social constructs that exist around sexual orientation and gender roles.
His career has included exhibitions in galleries throughout the United States, as well as publication in numerous art journals and anthologies. His work is collected by individuals from around the globe. In his role as the Associate Art Director for Dreamspinner Press and their young adult imprint, Harmony Ink Press, he has created over two hundred and fifty novel cover illustrations. He teaches community art classes for Stonewall Columbus. He has volunteered with the Kaleidoscope Youth Center, encouraging LGBTQ teens to use art as a means of self-exploration and expression. He is a co-founder of the You Will Rise Project, an organization that empowers those who have experienced bullying to speak out creatively through the language, visual, and performing arts.
Paul shares his life with husband, Dennis Niekro. They were married in a group ceremony with twenty-four other LGBT couples in front of the U.S. Supreme Court building in June 2013. Together, they are committed to using their artistic talents to raise equality awareness.
Dr. Chaps reports on these important issues:
* Houston Voters Reject Lesbian Mayor's LGBT Agenda
* The Obama Administration Is Forcing High School Girls To Share Locker Rooms With Boys
* Kentucky Elects A New Christian Governor And Kim Davis Is Ecstatic
Nicholas Snow welcomes his longtime friend and fellow LGBT television pioneer Melinda Tremaglio, Spirit of Stonewall Lifetime Achievement Honoree of Palm Springs Pride 2015. She was born and raised in Wallingford, CT, where after graduating from high school, she joined the army and was discharged for being a "homosexual" in 1961. The crucial event was the start of Melinda's journey as an activist for women and gays.
Currently, Melinda is in the process of recreating her television series from the gay 80s, Lifestyle Update, featuring news, entertainment and stories of gay and lesbian lives, spanning over 100 episodes and eight documentaries. To sample this historic footage, visit www.YestergayTV.com.
Visit NicholasSnow.TV for videos, and NicholasSnow.com for everything else! This episode's main sponsors are Desert AIDS Project and Lulu California Bistro.
Join me and my guest civil rights activist John Barnett as we have a candid conversation on the incident at Spring Valley High School South Carolina, where school resource officer Ben Fields openly assaulted a female student. The incident was caught on video and caught the attention of millions worldwide that eventually led to the termination of Ben Fields. John will be talking about the reaction on the ground in South Carolina, and why federal and local charges should have been filed. We will also be talking about how the family of the female student is doing and what the family hopes to achieve in the coming days.
All this and more on Sunday Nov 1, at 6:00pm on the Alysha Live! Radio Show.
Keep it Locked to the Alysha Live! Radio Show for the Best in Talk Radio!
We will witness the 1st 45 min. of the event. local activist will recieve honor.
Zayra Yves is an International Award Winning Artist, Activist and Creative Writer from the Bay Area. Zayra writes of love, passion, pain and the mystery behind all human experience. Her creative expression is evocative and it speaks to a place deep inside of you that, once called, awakens—and once awakened, changes you forever. Zayra’s creative writing is published in numerous print journals, anthologies, on-line e-zines and magazines: The Zimbabwe Situation, Panhandler Quarterly, Voices for Africa, Eyes of the Poet, Kreativ, Reflections IIT Madras (India), Edge Life Magazine, Poetry Life & Times, Astropoetica, Alehouse Press, 34th Parallel, Feeling is First, Memoir (and), Aquillrelle, The Enchanting Verses International Journal, The African Legend Series, and The Cherry Muse. She has appeared as a featured artist and/or guest speaker at: New Sun Celebration; CIIS California Institute of Integral Studies; UniVerse of Poetry; BlogTalk Radio, The Awareness Network, Today’s Revolutionary Women of Color and The Legacy Project.
"Zayra Yves is a Divinely inspired poet in communication with the Sacred and our Ancestors."- Linda Tucker, CEO & Founder of White Lion Trust Foundation
Zayra Yves zayrayves.com
White Buffalo Radio is hosted and produced by Rain on the Earth, sponsored by the White Bison Association home of the sacred White Buffalo herd. Blog: medicinetalkradio.wordpress.com
Music: Intro Arizona Spirit Outro: White Buffalo from Charles Button and Friends double album White Buffalo, Bigger than Real released by Sacred Mountain Records
Tonight we welcome Cheryl Curtis a 911 activist and a radio talk show host. We will discuss the recent presentation by Richard Gage and the Architects and Engineers for 911 Truth. ae911truth.org. Also we will discuss the international interest in Richard's message , especially after the Paris 911 of 11/14/15. Was the Paris bombing a false flag operation, to make France take a greater military stance against ISIS, just as 911 enraged the U.S to war against AlQiada and the Taliban in Afghanistan?
As lesbian or two mom families, the cost of creating a family can be very costly. Then once kids come into the picture, a whole new set of financial considerations and costs arise, like maternity leave, diapers, schooling, college. All this on top of retirement planning. How do we handle all that? How much should we save? Are there investment options that work particularly well for us? What if we're not legally married, does that impact which options we choose?
Peggy Garvin of Garvin Financial Group LLC is on the show to share financial planning tips to help you best set yourselves up to navigate the financial part of creating and having a family.
Find out more about Peggy Garvin at http://www.garvinfinancial.com/. Garvin Financial Group, LLC, is an independent firm with securities offered through Summit Brokerage Services, Inc., member FINRA & SIPC with advisory services offered through Summit Financial Group, Inc., a registered investment advisor.
Find LezBeMommies Radio online at www.lezbemommies.com and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/LezBeMommiesRadio.
Join Barb Elgin for a live show to learn what's coming up for Lesbian Love Talk. We are on year end hiatus right now and planning ahead for 2015. Be sure to tune in for all the details!
Are you ready for more Lasting Lesbian Love? I want to support your health and happiness so...
Pick up your complimentary three part audio series "Hottest Secrets to Lasting Lesbian Love" here. The series is full of dating and relationship tips from lesbian relationship experts and a successful lesbian couple of over 40 years!
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (111 chatters)
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (90 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (53 chatters)
- Straight Black Pride Radio (20 chatters)
- thelordshour (19 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (13 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (12 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (12 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (8 chatters)
- Laura DiPrete (7 chatters)
- dtm radio (6 chatters)
- MethylationSupport (5 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (5 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (5 chatters)
- Tarhaka (4 chatters)
- Universal Radio (4 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (4 chatters)
- Psychic energyreaderBrenda (4 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (4 chatters)
- NBPP BLACK POWER RADIO (3 chatters)
- CinnamonMoon At Night (3 chatters)
- American Statesman (3 chatters)
- AverageBlackMan (3 chatters)
- Traditional American Patriots (3 chatters)
- Starz Psychics Network (3 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- United Patriots Radio (2 chatters)
- Bill Murray (2 chatters)
- BROTHER PTAH REVOLITIONARY (2 chatters)
- Panther Power Chat (2 chatters)
- Gnosis Kardia (2 chatters)
- Lets Get Metaphysical (2 chatters)
- Author Charron and Vaughn (2 chatters)
- MR SYCAMORES PLACE (2 chatters)
- MichICAN Nightly Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Goldylocks Productions (1 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- One Designer Two Ideas (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- ROADTOSTARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- Its Time To Pray1 (1 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx s Pop Roxx Radio (1 chatters)
- Janet M Taylor (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- Bellesprit Radio Show (1 chatters)
- AMStyles247 (1 chatters)
- cyntrob (1 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (1 chatters)
- TRUTH NETWORK RADIO TNR (1 chatters)
- Writers Life Chats (1 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (1 chatters)