SORT BY Relevancy
Join the show at 6:30 p.m. as we discuss the first LGBT school for kids and Atlanta is going to have the first of it's kind. Join us at 6:30 p.m. Call (818)301-5834.
When a child announces that he or she is gay, lesbian or transgender many parents are unable to respond to the news with sensitivity or support of their child. Reactions can range from throwing the child out of the house immediately to making every effort to understand what the child is going through, and everything in between, such as: "How could you do this to me? What did I do wrong?"
Our today's guest is Dr. Anne Dohrenwend, author of "Coming Around: Parenting Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Kids," who will discuss how the child's "coming out" to his or her parents can be the most determinant factor in the child's moving forward successfully. Anything short of telling the child "I love you" will be heard by the gay young person that he/she doesn't really deserve love but the family members offer it anyway.
Anne Dohrenwend, PhD, ABPP, is assistant program director of the Internal Medicine Residency Program at McLaren Regional Medical Center, Flint, Michigan and an associate professor at Michigan State University. She works with parents and young people coping with LGBT issues. She has a PhD in counseling psychology from the University of North Dakota and is board certified in Clinical Health Psychology. Anne and her partner live in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
Today, we are discussing our 1st same sex experience. Want the TEA baby! Tell us what was it like and how it went down. Did you get turn out or was it a let down? Our inquiring minds wants to know the deal. By the way, this is our test show. and we are looking for your feed back and topic advice. So do us a favor and comment your thoughts below and follow us on here, & like our page Str8 Gay Talk on FaceBook. Don't 4get to comment below and let us know how you feel about our shows.
It's Str8 Gay Talk!
With your hosts: VeraM, Boss, Nikki D & Nickie L
Today, our topic will be about Stud/Butches and how will they rank up, in the lesbian community in the near future. This question of the evening is...The Stud/Butch image, is it softening up or dying away?
Could it really be, that the "Stud/Butch" image is disappering from the Lesbian Community altogether? And if so, could this be, the main reason for the Stud/Butches on Stud love these days?
Studs/Butches need love too, right?
Do us a favor and comment your thoughts below and follow us on here, & like our page Str8 Gay Talk on FaceBook. Don't 4get to comment below and let us know how you feel about our shows.
If you've ever had to move, you know what a pain it can be. When you're moving for the first time in over 30 years, it's really tough. I'll get into that, along with Ethan St Pierre and possibly a call-in from my soon-to-be roomie, Susan! Plus the usual news, rants, music and alla that kinda stuff.
I'm Back everyone! I am your Host VeraM and I'm bringing you up! Its time to get hyped and feel yoself! Rather you are listening to Mix It Mondays on your way to work, coming home from work, or you are at home feeling like Turn DOWN 4 WHAT?! Well, tune in so that you can turn up! It don't matter if you are at by yourself, Turn UP! It's Str8 Gay Talk on Every Sunday, starting 7 pm EST. With your Host Boss, Nikki D, She She, and Guest Co-Hosts! Tune in Live! Music Entertainment: R & B Hip Hop Music, & Rap!
We discuss on this episode Beyonce and the backlash after her new video/song. Housewives of Potomac, Gay Bashing, Racism in the gay community and more!
Christian will return next week!
We will be talking about the events coming up and try to have someone from Shed Leathers to talk about the Code Party and what all it will lead us all to do want to do and will do. Also will be going more in depth on the Black Party in NYC coming up in March. It is sure to leave a part of your Anatomy in your hands and you Jaw Wide Open.
Hey there Tea Sippers!! I'm pretty sure you have gotten the buzz that there are many Superbowl fans wishing to protest the halftime show because many feel that it promoted disrespecting police, being too militant with its tribute to Michael Jackson and The Black Panther Party, AND that Cold Play was promoting homosexuality with its colorful injections throughout their performance and the "Believe in Love" finale. This is going to be a significantly HOT POT of Tea, my darlings, so bring plenty of crumpets!!!
In southern Dallas, Texas, Sunny Giovanni-- or "Gio" as she likes to be called-- was born on the fifth day of June in 1989. Born to a mother who was a teacher and a graduate from Texas A&M University you couldn't so much as watch a Disney movie if you hadn't read the book beforehand. Gio has had a very strong history with literature, diversifying from poetry (winning placements in oratorical contests), to thriller short stories as a way to vent her frustrations.
The pen was handed down to her from an older sibling as a means to focus her negative energy and anger into something different but was used as a way to alter her own situations.
As a preteen Gio witnessed how much her writing could touch someone when she left one of her prized spirals in a classroom without knowing. Two weeks after it went missing someone brought it back to her asking for more, letting the young author know that almost everyone she knew read the story, but without knowing it was her in the story she had written.
Sunny Giovanni is an advocate for gay and transgender rights, and says: "You can't help who you are and you damn sure can't help who you love. You should be true to who are rather than to conform and live the ultimate lie and live miserably until the day you die." Credited from the poem she penned "Titanium", modeled after her novel.
Gio is a mother of three children, the founder of Lucid Legends Publishing/ Photography, Kno Joke Entertainment, the host of "We Talk TOO Much Radio" on BlogTalk Radio and blogs on Tumblr under the name "KnoJokeGio". She is a friend to many and prides herself on making a smile out of an extremely horrible day. "It doesn't matter if you're having a bad day... a smile could make everything else seem so small. Crack a joke when someone is hurt and see how fast they cheer up.
Join Host Live Chats
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (51 chatters)
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (34 chatters)
- Ezekiel 339 (12 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (11 chatters)
- LindaCrystal (9 chatters)
- BeverlyD (7 chatters)
- Ron March Show (7 chatters)
- Voices of Global Freedom (6 chatters)
- John Baptist (6 chatters)
- NatureofReality (5 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (5 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (5 chatters)
- Tarhaka (5 chatters)
- RadioFPC2015 (4 chatters)
- Psychic Choice Radio (4 chatters)
- Gnosis Kardia (4 chatters)
- Among The Realms Radio (4 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (4 chatters)
- KNOTRadioTalk (4 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (4 chatters)
- NewMusicInferno (3 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (3 chatters)
- PROPHET energyreaderBrenda (3 chatters)
- TalkNAngels (3 chatters)
- Witch School (2 chatters)
- World Integrity News Network (2 chatters)
- Patriot Family (2 chatters)
- PwtorchEastCoastCast (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- superdaveshow (2 chatters)
- The Monique Chapman Show (2 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (2 chatters)
- MPowered4Life Radio Show (2 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (2 chatters)
- Life and Times2 (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- MR SYCAMORES PLACE (1 chatters)
- Mystique Productions (1 chatters)
- Papa CE (1 chatters)
- EWOL MINISTRY COMMUNICATIONS (1 chatters)
- Intuitive Transformation Radio (1 chatters)
- Attention Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Barbara DeLong (1 chatters)
- 67761 (1 chatters)
- American Network (1 chatters)
- Body of Christ (1 chatters)
- Bridging Spirit (1 chatters)
- CynCity Radio (1 chatters)
- The Organic View (1 chatters)
- The Rapture rape abuse torture (1 chatters)
- The Sensuous Mystic Sex Spirit (1 chatters)
- thelordshour (1 chatters)
- Spoken Ink (1 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- The Freedom For All Network (1 chatters)
- The Hiphop Barbershop (1 chatters)
- VinnyHardy (1 chatters)
- Salvation In Jesus Ministry (0 chatters)