SORT BY Relevancy
Do you know the dates of the Korean War or why we fought there? Retired Marine, Lt. Col. Larken Spivey, a decorated veteran of the Vietnam War who served President Nixon in the White house, joins us today to answer those questions and share stories of the Korean War with us.
He will talk about some of the ways he believes God has blessed America as he gives us a brief history of the the war. Expect to wipe a tear as we enjoy several inspiring stories from Lt. Col Spivey.
We remember the heroes of our World Wars and Vietnam, let's not forget the brave men and women who served in Korea.
Donald J. Farinacci is a US Army Vietnam-era Veteran. After his military service (1966-1969), he became an attorney. Donald J. Farinacci is the author of When One Stood Alone, Last Full Measure of Devotion: A Tribute to America's Heroes of the Vietnam War and, his upcoming book Truman and MacArthur: Adversaries for a Common Cause.According to the description of Truman and MacArthur: Adversaries for a Common Cause, “The author's purpose in writing this book was to tell a story of events which occurred during a brief but momentous period in American history, involving two extraordinary men, President Harry S. Truman and General of the Army, Douglas MacArthur. The story tells of their interaction during a time of grave national crisis, how they veered badly off course and ultimately collided head-on. It was a collision which both altered the course of history and irreparably changed their personal destinies.
What is related here is first and foremost a human story, but one that plays out against the panorama of the Korean War—a nasty, brutish and fearsome slice of hell where what was at stake was nothing less than the determination of whether the Communist Sino-Soviet alliance would gain dominion by force over large regions of the continent of Asia or be contained and held in check by a coalition of United Nations Forces led by the United States. As the drama unfolded during a critical period of approximately ten months in 1950 and 1951, the all-pervasive tension holding the principal players in its grip was the ever-present threat of nuclear war looming over all of humankind.
We ran this as a best of back in December, but with yesterday being the 60th anniversary of the Korean War armistice, there is no question this is the right episode.
Also, with the last year's announcement of the naming of DDG-116 after Medal of Honor recipient CAPT Thomas Hudner, USN (Ret) - it is an easy decision on today's show.
A replay of our Navy Air Korean War episode with CAPT Hudner in the first half hour, and then author David Sears to discuss his book Men Such as These: The Story of the Navy Pilots Who Flew the Deadly Skys Over Korea.
Ronnel Corre will talk about the consequence and the destruction of the Korean War. Ronnel will specifically talk about the Korean babies who were left in a struggle of finding new homes. These babies were struggling due to the lost of immediate family members or due to the struggling and collapsing economy of Korea immediate after the war. Forcing some families to let go of their babies, due to a lack of money. Learn the struggles that these newly adopted Korean babies faced by their newly adopted families who were mostly white who did not know much of their culture, history, customs, etc. These newly adopted Koreans faced a lot of struggles and identity confusion.
Today we will conduct an exciting interview with George Hurt, Sr., a Korean War Veteran of Columbus, Ohio. Mr. Hurt is one of the trailblazers that have paved the way for African American in numerous leadership positions in the 60's, is a Realtor, Entrepreneur and possesses a range of other admirable skills in Columbus, Ohio. Stay tuned for this exciting interview. To listen to a live to taped recording you may call 1-646-929-1846. Archived copies are now available.
Wednesday August 20, 3 pm ET The Halli Casser-Jayne Show takes a look at World War I through the eyes of history and the voice of a poet. Marking the 100th anniversary of World War I, Halli welcomes critically acclaimed war historian William Philpott and the world’s leading scholar of the Great War poet Siegfried Sassoon Jean Moorcroft Wilson.
William Philpott is Professor of the History of Warfare in the Department of War studies at King’s College London. He is a specialist in the history of Anglo-French relations, British Strategy, and the history of the French army. Philpott is the author of Three Armies on the Somme, The First Battle of the Twentieth Century, Blood Victory: The Battle of the Somme and the Making of the Twentieth Century, Anglo-French Relations and Strategy on the Western Front, 1914-1918, Anglo-French Defense Relations between the Wars, Palgrave Concise Atlas of the First World War, and Palgrave Advances in Modern Military History. In his latest book War of Attrition, Fighting the First World War, Philpott takes a look at the causes and effects of The First World War, bringing new revelations of the first truly modern war to light, the war that shaped the twentieth century.
Jean Moorcroft Wilson lectures in English Literature at Birkbeck College, University of London. She is married to Virginia Woolf’s nephew. In her latest book, Siegfried Sassoon, Soldier, Poet, Lover, Friend, Wilson takes an in-depth look at the man considered a key figure in the study of the poetry of the Great War. Her previous works include I Was an English Poet: Biography of Sir William Watson, Virginia Woolf, Life and London: A Biography of Place, The Selected Poems of Isaac Rosenberg.
Join us as we take you on our weekly journey around the world of sports!
Special guest co-host Hank Rawlerson from the Imaginary Playaz will join us to discuss the biggest sports stories of the week. From the Steelers' "Mary-Jane" loving backfield, to Johnny "Clipboard", to RG3, to the influx of defensive penalty flags, we'll give our thoughts on the NFL preseason thus far.
We'll talk about whether or not the kids in the Little League World Series are being exploited and we'll touch on the national phenomenon that is the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge.
As usual, Fred Perdue of Heavy in the Games will join us to talk College Football. He'll finish up his previews of the major conferences by giving us his predictions for the Pac-12 and we'll ask him if he wants to revise his Big Ten predictions after the season-ending injury to Ohio State QB Braxton Miller. He will also tell us who will be in the first ever NCAAF Div. 1 playoffs and who will take home the National Championship!
So get your popcorn ready and tune in for a good one!
Don't miss it!
IS THIS WAR JUST ON BLACK PEOPLE OR IS THIS WAR ON AMERICA? MEDIA HAS A WAY OF SHOWING YOU WHAT TAKES PLACE IN BLACK AMERICA BUT WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER CULTURAL AMERICANS, HISPANIC GANGS, WHITE GANGS, CHINESE GANGS..WHITE ON WHITE CRIME...AND THE LIST GOES ON
This Show Will Be About A Variety Of Topics Such As: The Silent Conflict Between CHINA/\JAPAN/\NORTH KOREA/\SOUTH KOREA/\USA Which Is Avoiding Both Mainstream & Alternative Media. They Are Preparing, For A War On A Scale Never Seen B4.. By Resarch I'm Led To Say Some Kind Of Event Will Take Place That Will Cause A Chain Reaction Of Several Nations To Clash. One Paticularly Being China A Map In Chinese Was Leaked Over The Net, Showing What Is Transluated To Be A Nuclear Scenario Over Our Country, I Have Both Photo & Video.
SPECIAL GUEST: DAVE HODGES
HOST: CLINT /\ CO-HOST: JASO
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (66 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (27 chatters)
- Straitway (26 chatters)
- CrystalClearSpeaks (24 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (23 chatters)
- The Oracle Speaks (21 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (20 chatters)
- The Portal (15 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (14 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (14 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (13 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (11 chatters)
- Sweet Psychic (10 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (10 chatters)
- ReflectRadio (9 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (7 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (7 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (7 chatters)
- dtm radio (7 chatters)
- Monster X Radio1 (6 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (6 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (6 chatters)
- Brother Sean X (5 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (5 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (3 chatters)
- AtaensicNetworkStation (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (3 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (3 chatters)
- HOV Radio (3 chatters)
- The Tailgate Show (3 chatters)
- The Love Zone USA (3 chatters)
- Omega Man (3 chatters)
- Rifleman (3 chatters)
- Positively Incorrect (2 chatters)
- RevBarbara (2 chatters)
- The Liberal Redneck (2 chatters)
- Tech Expresso Cafe (2 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (2 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (2 chatters)
- HannaproDiscus (2 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (2 chatters)
- LyricalForte (2 chatters)
- Conservative Report (2 chatters)
- Diary of A Psalmist (2 chatters)
- Cowboy Wisdom Radio (1 chatters)
- Exposed Radio (1 chatters)
- Fantasy Big Dogs Radio (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- Body of Christ (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- mashahba (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- Lesbian Love Talk (1 chatters)
- NewMusicInferno (1 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (1 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (1 chatters)
- The Random Frequency Network (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- RotoRadio (1 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- Station IWDM (1 chatters)
- Stilettos And Convos (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (1 chatters)
- The Grace View (1 chatters)
- The Janet Love Show (1 chatters)
- The Keys107 (1 chatters)