SORT BY Relevancy
in Self Help
On this week's radio show, ecstatic vocalist, innovative composer, teacher, and invoker of the sacred, Suzanne Sterling! Her musical explorations in the realm of electronic dance music and devotional chanting have brought her to the forefront of the "kirtronica" sound (Conscious Dancer magazine named her a kirtronica pioneer"), Her music has been commissioned for film, theatre, and DVD.
Suzanne will also be a performer and teacher at Serendipity Fest, in Cloverdale, Indiana, July 11th-13th, 2014!
The conversation begins Sunday at 11am EST on 88.7FM, WICR (Indianapolis area) and worldwide at richardbrendan.com.
Visit her online at www.suzannesterling.com
For more information on her schedule for Serendipity, please visit www.serendipityfest.com
SACRED SOUND by Alanna Kaivalya - Nada Yoga — or the yoga of sacred sound — often gets short shrift in the West because mantras and kirtan aren’t readily understood. However, its chants are held sacred in all types of Eastern spiritual practice for the way they can help practitioners bypass the day-to-day mental chatter of the mind in order to reach a transcendent state of awareness and self-realization.
In Sacred Sound: Discovering the Myth & Meaning of Mantra and Kirtan (New World Library, April 15, 2014), celebrated yoga teacher and author Alanna Kaivalya explores both the myth and meaning behind twenty-one mantras, or chants, that stem from the yogic tradition. She also describes the myth, text, or context each mantra comes from or is associated with, and explains how these rich myths relate to our modern-day spiritual practice.
Sacred Sound offers practical guidance for starting, developing, and/or improving a mantra practice. Each mantra and kirtan in the book includes the Sanskrit, transliteration, and translation. Alanna’s clear retellings of the pertinent myths highlight modern-day applications so that readers discover their own personal connection to the practice.
Alanna Kaivalya is the author of Sacred Sound. She is the yoga world’s expert on Hindu mythology and mysticism. Her podcasts have been heard by more than one million people worldwide, and her Kaivalya Yoga Method melds mythology, philosophy, and yoga. Visit her online at http://www.alannak.com.
This is a continuation of the previous call, an interview call with Jan Cercone, the founder of Solara Center and in this call Jan and Cheri talk about the fact that we are vibrational beings, how our environment can influence our thoughts, feelings, and deeds, and how that is even happening on an unconscious level all through the world, all around us.
Music rocks, soothes, transports and most importantly actually TRANSFORMS us. Why? Because we ARE music, we are vibration and we are responsive matrixes that shift and live and die metaphorically to powerful music. Science now underscores the evidence and I myself have a unit that can measure your emotions and organ vitality through your Voice! And the scale is based on, you guessed it, music!
For 30 years Jan Cercone has studied the effect of Tone and Sound on the human body through Anthroposophy, working with Hospice patients and becoming an expert Sound Healer and Educator in many diverse settings. We explore how music heals on a deeper level. In this call, Jan talks about fusing Vibrational Healing methodology with Concert and Music creation for artists and healers.
See Jan's special offer to help you step through and work in the next phase of your exciting evolving life. http://www.soundandlighthealingarts.com/membership
It's going to be magical and exciting. So please tune in, and join us on this exploration of music that heals.
Join Host Live Chats
- Ms Blue (47 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (39 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (27 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (27 chatters)
- Eric Balkman (26 chatters)
- Curious Times (24 chatters)
- Amy Peikoff (23 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (17 chatters)
- ParanormalReview (16 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (15 chatters)
- TruthWorks Network (8 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (6 chatters)
- Bay Bridge Sports Hub (6 chatters)
- Brian Treybig (5 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (5 chatters)
- Thirdphaseofmoon UFO Sightings (5 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (4 chatters)
- Dr Auset (4 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (4 chatters)
- Crankhouse Radio (3 chatters)
- AngelBlueEyes (3 chatters)
- Auntie Kim Ber Lee From Vine (3 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (3 chatters)
- Growl Radio (3 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (2 chatters)
- Quagmire America (2 chatters)
- Sweetenginesounds (2 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- The Lotus Place (1 chatters)
- Twilight Talk Radio presents (1 chatters)
- Hall Issachar Ministries (1 chatters)
- Daytime After Dark (1 chatters)
- Nimbus Moons (0 chatters)