SORT BY Relevancy
Faaantastic! FDN Support Talk Radio is here for you to get information that matters most! Get together with Reed Davis, FDN Mentors and Special Guests. Submit questions ahead of time, or better yet, call in live and join in the discussion. This is your chance to pick what's left of Reed's brain to improve your understanding of lab interpretations, case management challenges, and business issues you may be facing.
Portage, MI – Teenage rebellion is a process of individuation; to form their own opinions and beliefs and assert their individuality, adolescents must separate their identity from you as their child. Though this process can be aggravating to parents, it is normal.
Sometimes, however, an adolescent’s volatile emotional needs begin to dominate the home and control the moods of everyone in it. What began as the vision of a perfect family soon devolves into arguments and chaos.
“Families love each other – that’s a given – but they don’t always know how to express it or give each other what they need emotionally,” says family counselor Theresa Britton.
Britton is a licensed master social worker and the founder of Family Matters Counseling, specializing in providing counseling services to couples, adolescents, children and adults. Britton is trained in brief strategic family therapy, which helps families with adolescents face problems related to truancy, poor school performance and defiant behavior.
“Each family is an individual family with its own structure and patterns of communication, so you need to have a variety of skillsets and tools to help that family best,” says Britton. “My goal is to look at their interactions, how they function and communicate, and devise strategies to help them overcome those obstacles.”
According to Britton, families tend to argue about their story with each other. In a family systems approach, everyone feels heard and everyone’s story is accepted.
“Everyone has their own perspective but there’s a little truth to them all,” explains Britton. “I have it organized so that all the family members participate. We talk about past hurts and you would be surprised how honest kids are; even defiant teens will be brutally honest about why they’re misbehaving."
I couldn't be more pleased than to have the lovely Fay Chapple join me today as my guest co-host. Fay is the founder of the Clarity Centre and a driving force behind the One Red Lipstick project a documentary film for all women who want to succeed and be inspired by real women with real stories to tell. In this episode you will learn:
Why women need to share their stories to inspire others
How to use adversity to transform your life
How Opportunities are a gift not a given
and you will be issued a special CHALLENGE to take action! Listen in!
About your host - Anastasia
Visit Anastasia Valentine at www.anastasia-valentine.com, follow her on Twitter @AVV or tune into @AVV Biz Talk Radio for the latest information on business, strategy, marketing and technology.
Join Host Live Chats
- High Frequency Radio Network (13 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (6 chatters)
- Red Velvet Media (5 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (3 chatters)
- magicalmirror2 (3 chatters)
- NDB Media Sports Channel (3 chatters)
- nXphase Records (2 chatters)
- HumanSpirit Radio Network (2 chatters)
- TheRealSideRadio (2 chatters)
- Spirit of 76 Remedy (1 chatters)
- SportsTime Radio (1 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (1 chatters)
- THE SHAKEDOWN CREW (1 chatters)
- Walking in Gods Purpose (1 chatters)
- WeekdayswithMurph (1 chatters)
- Zach and Angela (1 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Live (1 chatters)
- JASmius (1 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (1 chatters)
- Commala Radio Show (1 chatters)
- cowpote (1 chatters)
- Dr Ed Moloney (1 chatters)
- EXOXPXPastor (1 chatters)
- Papa CE (1 chatters)
- PayMeWhatIamWorth (1 chatters)
- Pray 1 4 Another (1 chatters)
- Mikeisha (1 chatters)
- N San Diego Business (1 chatters)
- AdrianBernard (1 chatters)
- Allyssa Narvaez Online (1 chatters)
- Chayah for your Life (0 chatters)