SORT BY Relevancy
Kirk J. Torrance is one of the digital strategists who helped lead the Scottish National Party to its most sweeping victory in history this past spring. Newspapers in the U.K. called the SNP's win a "Facebook revolution."
On "Leaders and Creators," Kirk tells NationBuilder's Adriel Hampton that his plan for the parliamentary elections started with a message he wrote on his bathroom mirror - "SNP Everywhere." The roll out included a digital organizer with each SNP candidate and twice-daily conference calls to discuss the campaign's social media messaging.
Kirk's background includes education in how to monetize technology innovation, which he now uses to turn tech innovation into votes and political muscle. After leaving a job in the Los Angeles film industry to help the SNP take power in Scotland, he's recently founded Industrial New Media and is working on a referendum to restore Scottish sovereignty for the first time in 300 years.
Political organizing online will also impact the future of social media itself, Kirk says, with individuals developing a kind of collective consciousness that means, "revolutions will take place very rapidly online."
Join Host Live Chats
- I Am Rebecca (6 chatters)
- The Cricket Show (4 chatters)
- Wanda Henderson Ministries (3 chatters)
- Weekend Watchdogs (3 chatters)
- Rebecca L N (3 chatters)
- Best People We Know (3 chatters)
- Ashes2Beauty (2 chatters)
- Attune Magazine Radio (2 chatters)
- Diane Grimble Ministries N Friends (2 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (2 chatters)
- NDB Media Sports Channel (2 chatters)
- NikiGuts (1 chatters)
- ZnaTrainer (1 chatters)
- Alan and Mike Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Kingdom United Ministries Network (1 chatters)
- Liberty Radio Ohio (1 chatters)
- Denise Brown (1 chatters)