SORT BY Relevancy
You do not have to be brain injured to be involved in the brain injury community. What you will learn about is how we are each others family in many cirumstances. Because brain injuries don't just involve a traumatic brain injury, a stroke, a person who is mentally handicapped, or someone seen with a walker; there are hundreds of us who are with masters degrees, major accomplishments, happy families, children, marraiges, and careers who are brilliant and well mannored.
So many in the public dont understand who we are. They don't understand this could be them in a moments notice as life events occur at any given time. Survivors and caregivers unite and we build a family of our own! We talk about what we have become and how well we stand together!
What we can do and will do is educate the public! We show individuals life is way too short and need to enjoy every second we have while we are here ALIVE! We do not let people whole us down! We will not allow anyone to talk down to us. We are strong and we are proud we have accomplished so much.
Join us together for a positive approach in life! Whining and complaining about how bad your life is, is just a waste of valuable time!
We Talk About What We Have Become and How Well We Stand Together!
The Layers of Brain Injury – With DJ Asselin
Welcome Back DJ after he finds himself rehabilitating from yet a second brain injury, the hurdles that he has had to go through, the system, the support, the everything. There is so many layers to brain injury and there seems to be no consistency anywhere. And as a survivor and their family or supports go through this, things are usually at their worst. Join Dj as he talks about these layers that will blow your mind. It will leave you thinking.
Listen to what we're doing...what we're offering and why you and your children should join us!
Our lessons are about American History, but will also include some geography, a little language lesson and information about some key people in our history.
How do you accept your brain injury without pushing it under the rug to forget it or have it come up in every conversation with others?
It All Starts With You!
After a clinical setting, survivors wondering where they go from here, who understands, and questions comes up. From building confidence, self-esteem, empowerment and optimism; self-help groups help meeting others in the community going through similar circumstances in real life dealing with emotions, struggles, and encouraging stories of those who got past their dilemmas.
Support services to build assistance these people into a normal life style to get back on track in a comfortable, safe, caring and optimistic atmosphere to empower them and build their self-esteem. Support groups are equally beneficial when psychotherapy has been established for a client as it builds strength and character for them they can do this on their own. Statistics show how life improvements for clients and those who want to volunteer their own time have made a vast improvement with the ability to help others in a time of need. This helps who is trying to get back into the work force, helps assist others in need, and helps bring friendships and understanding to people who think no one understands.
TONIGHT: Listen to The Michael Imhotep Show, Wed. June, 24th, 10pm-12midnight EST (7pm – 9pm PST) with host Michael Imhotep of The African History Network. Listen online at http://tunein.com/radio/Empowerment-Radio-Network-s199313/ or by downloading the "TuneIn Radio" app to your smartphone and search for "Empowerment Radio Network" or at www.AfricanHistoryNetwork.com.
1) The debate over the Confederate Flag continues as States and Retailers come out against it. We’ll deal with some of “The History of the Confederate Flag” and some little known facts about it. 2) Details about the Freddie Gray autopsy have been released and gives more insight into his injuries. 3) Is President Obama snubbing African American Newspapers? 4) This date in African American History.
Help Support The African History Network Crowdfunding Campaign. We are trying to raise $200 today to reach our daily goal. If 200 people donate at least $1 we will reach today’s goal. Visit www.AfricanHistoryNetwork.com and click on the “Donate” button.
Listen to The Michael Imhotep Show, June, 29th, 10pm-12midnight EST with host Michael Imhotep of The African History Network. CALL IN WITH Questions/Comments at 1-888-669-2281. POST YOUR COMMENTS. WE MAY READ THEM ON AIR. Listen online at http://tunein.com/radio/Empowerment-Radio-Network-s199313/
1) Did you see President Obama’s eulogy for Rev. Clementa Pinckney on Friday? What did you think about it? 2) An activist on Saturday today down the Confederate Battle Flag at the South Carolina State Capitol. Why? What about the American Flag? 3) Legendary Educator Marva Collins has died at age 78. 4) There have been 6 Black churches in the South that have been set on fire. What’s going on? 5) This date in African American History – Muhammad Ali wins his case against the U.S. for refusing to be drafted in the U.S. Army, June 28th, 1971.
.Welcome to another episode the Brain Injury Roundtable. I am your host, Constance Miller, brain injury survivor of 32 years; author of the original brain injury owner's manual entitled From The Ashes. This innovative guidebook was featured on Super Bowl XXXIV. Miller is Managing Director of Brain Injury Resource Center, located on the Internet at http://www.headinjury.com. Also joining us will be Tai Campbell, my invaluable contributor who is a tireless community activist, and founder of Taken Back Our Community (TBOC) http://www.tbocnow.org. Also of note he is the survivor of an incredible history of childhood brain injuries. I'd like to thank: all our listeners for bringing our voices, to your home, or your mobile device wherever you are around the world. Additionally, I’d like to give a big thank you to this show’s sponsors: Martha Marcum, mother of a brain injury survivor and author of MARTHA'S FABLES and Gordon Johnson, attorney of http://www.TBILaw.com .
The Brain Injury Roundtable is a place for Ideas, discussion, and recovery for people seeking solutions, to bridge the gap between understanding brain injury and insights on how to change life for the better so be prepared to hear some great information to motivate and inspire us and change the world. The main reason we are tackling this topic this evening is that even a seemingly minor concussion can have life-long, life altering consequences. And that is the topic of tonight's discussion. The plan is to learn from one another and to educate one another about TBI and its aftermath. We know personally just how a traumatic even a concussion can be.
We'll discuss current events on tonight's show.
TONIGHT: Listen to The African History Network Show, Thursday, 8pm-10pm EST with guest Jessica Holter founder of The Punany Poets. She will talk about The Punany Poets, their upcoming Summer Tour Dates and their upcoming date in Detroit, MI on Friday, June 26th at 1515 Broadway. Tickets are available at www.PunanyTickets.com. Call 510-600-9747 for Customer Service or to inquire about making special announcements, such as anniversaries and engagements at the show. CALL IN WITH QUESTIONS/COMMENTS & LISTEN AT (914) 338-1375. Listen online LIVE and the archived show here: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/theafricanhistorynetworkshow/2015/06/19/jessica-holter-of-the-punany-poets-part-2-haitian-dominican-history.
Part 2: “The Bloody Origins of the Dominican Republic’s Ethnic ‘Cleansing’ of Haitians”. We did Part 1 on Wednesday, June 17th. We'll continue this discussion on history lesson on tonight's show. Hundreds of thousands of Haitians in The Dominican Republic stand to be deported.
On June 17th, 2015 in South Carolina, 9 people were shot at the historic Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church. This was Denmark Vesey's Church. We'll talk about the shooting and the history of the Church.
Many of us have hard days in life just as anyone else does but with a brain injury, coping strategies are hugely different.
Positive reinforcement may need to come from family, friends, and caregivers but how can we do it within ourselves?
Emotional impacts on the brain injured have a different level than the general public but it isn't impossible to achieve rewards through positive coping strategies. Let's discuss what we do to help, ideas what may be better, and alternative measures than medication.
We have a weekly conference call Mondays for anyone who would like to learn about brain injury and share their stories:
US Toll Number:
At the scheduled date and time of the meeting, dial into the conference line. When prompted, enter the meeting ID followed by the pound key. To join the online meeting, click on the meeting link listed above and follow the prompts to join the meeting.
Join 'Missing Page Of History' on Sat., June , 2015 at 12 Noon EST. MPH will focus on the theme: 'The Missing Pages of the History of Voting, Crime & Policing.' We will also speak on some 'current events of the day.' Join Us by dailing in to (818) 337-0016 or go online at www.blogtalkradio.com/missing-pages-of-history-inc
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (485 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (111 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (53 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (29 chatters)
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (27 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (21 chatters)
- thelordshour (19 chatters)
- SasquatchWatch Radio (18 chatters)
- Russ Dizdar (15 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (14 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (10 chatters)
- Witch School (10 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (9 chatters)
- Papa Lou (9 chatters)
- Barbara DeLong (8 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (8 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (7 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (6 chatters)
- E3 Radio (6 chatters)
- Fins Radio (6 chatters)
- American Statesman (6 chatters)
- GeoengineeringWatch News Hour (6 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (5 chatters)
- OPWR (5 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (4 chatters)
- The Marching Podcast (4 chatters)
- The Mecca James Show (4 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (4 chatters)
- Its The Radio Show (3 chatters)
- Jay King Network (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- Euphoric Network Media (3 chatters)
- The Advise Show (3 chatters)
- the LMC Radio Network (2 chatters)
- RoxieZw (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- Underground Unsigned Unknown (2 chatters)
- entertainment-music-promotion- (2 chatters)
- InThePaint (2 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (2 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (2 chatters)
- RLS Network (2 chatters)
- NCI Family Radio (2 chatters)
- NewMusicInferno (1 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (1 chatters)
- ROADTOSTARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Life Conversations (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- iCandiRadio (1 chatters)
- Bikers of America (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- Brower Report (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- Zaiyahs House (1 chatters)
- Social Change Action Network (1 chatters)
- Shay Renae and Friends (1 chatters)
- SandyRodgers (1 chatters)
- The Freedom For All Network (1 chatters)
- The 110 Nation Sports SHow (1 chatters)