SORT BY Relevancy
The juvenile justice and criminal justice systems ensnare far too many black and brown boys and men. Increasingly, women are caught in this dangerous web too. On this episode of Know-It-All, we are exploring the contours of some of the barriers to mental health and developmental wellness for communities of color that can lead to mass incarceration.
Dr. Troy Waller is a licensed professional counselor with 15 years of counseling experience. He explains the implications of the breaks in various systems - education, criminal justice, and health care - that keep those systems from adequately protecting and serving black and brown people. He'll share his insights about how these systemic failures manifest and show up in the lives of adults, no matter their socioeconomic status.
Host Allison R. Brown is a civil rights attorney and founder of Allison Brown Consulting (ABC), which creates education equity plans and promotes equity in education in compliance with federal civil rights law.
Come and find out what The A.E. System is all about we are 27 Episodes strong and are on a huge learning curb and the Father is blessing us yet still. If you have any questions about the AE system tonight we will do a full reveiw of the system and answer any questions you may have. This will be a two part series. We invite you to call in 646-929-0061.
For more information about Transformation Salon or The AE System please visit us at:
www.transformationsalondecoiffure.com or www.theaesystem.com
Ryan Christian Else is a graduate of the University of St. Thomas School of Law’s class of 2011. Prior to admission to the Minnesota Bar, Ryan was a law clerk for Brockton D. Hunter, P.A. for a year and a half and an extern with the Honorable Judge Anne McKeig in the Hennepin County Family Court before being brought on as an associate. Along with Brock, Ryan has served as an editor and an author of the book entitled The Attorney’s Guide to Defending the Veteran in Criminal Court.
Prior to law school, Ryan served seven years as an Army Infantryman, reaching the rank of Sergeant and serving in Kosovo in 2004. He then studied International Studies at American University, focusing on transnational crime and corruption and earning a Bachelor of Arts with Summa Cum Laude honors.
If you have any questions for Ryan, please call 612-874-1625 or e-mail him at email@example.com.
Perry on Donk indictment: "I wouldn’t change a thing"; "Criminal" politics used against Perry, Walker, Christie, D'Souza - and they're far from the first; Video surfaces of drunk DA accusing Governor Perry of "abuse of power" (an encore presentation); Rich Lowry catches up to me on the real Donk motivations for the Perry persecution; Three diametrically opposed forces are now in play in Ferguson; Is the enemedia the new criminal justice system? For whites and Republicans....yes! It! Is!; Contra smug liberals, riots in Missouri are a far cry from sectarian violence in the Middle East - but they're getting there.
Although the regulatory agencies continue to register new agro-chemicals which are contributing to the global decline in the population of our bees and other pollinators, the scientific community continues to prove the devastating impact on the health of these insects. In this special series called “The Neonicotinoid View”, hosts, June Stoyer and Tom Theobald will talk to Dr. Christopher Connolly, from the Division of Pharmacology and Neuroscience, University of Dundee, about his research about the effects of miticides and pesticides on the nervous system of bees. Stay tuned! Today's show is brought to you by Eden Foods the most trusted name in certified organic clean food! Shop online at EdenFoods.com and enter the coupon code “ORGVIEW” when prompted during checkout to receive 20% OFF any regularly priced items (excluding cases). For other promotional offers, please visit TheOrganicView.com's website. If you are not receiving our most recent interviews, please re-subscribe to our new Official RSS feed on iTunes, Youtube or you can visit our podcast archives at www.theorganicview.com. ©2014 TheOrganicView.com. All Rights Reserved.
AUGUST is AWARENESS Month
NACDL - Liberty's Last Champions, Guardians of the Constitution on August 1st.
HEALTH - Issues in Prison
WEALTH - Welcome Home Work from Home
CRIMINAL JUSTICE- the system effecting JUVENILE RIGHTS - BOUGHT and SOLD
Join us and our guest, Elder Langhorne as he shares concerning The Genisis System and The Genesis Institute.
The primary focus of the Genesis Institute is comprehensive community development. The Institute acknowledges that for a community to transform the three essential components of the community must be aligned with one another. The three components which the Institute describes as the Trilogy of Community Transformation are Community, Education and Economic Development (CEED).
The statistics are high when it comes to individuals with mental illness that come in contact with the criminal justice system. With the inmate count at over 400,000 in our jails and state prisons and another 800,000 on probation and parole (U.S. Department of Justice, 2009). The outcome is usually a tragic one. Showing that traditional courts are an ineffective use of law enforcement, courts, tax payer’s money; failure in linking the mentally ill to effective treatment; and the lack of improvement to the public’s safety.
With the percentage at 16.9% (men at 14.5% and women at 31%) most of these individuals suffer with severe mental illness (SMI), such as major depression, bipolar and schizophrenia, they are at risk for repeat minor offenses. The U.S. Department of Justice did a study finding and reported that half of all jail, state prison and federal inmates with mental illness have 3 to 4 prior convictions as they make their way back into the system. In saying this, it just adds to the continuous problems these individuals are constantly faced with.
Many traditional courts and correction facilities are unable to provide the much needed mental health treatment to connect individuals with effective treatment processes in their community, considering they have cut 4.35 billion dollars in funding across all states. So when released from incarceration they will have a better chance in society and less likely of being a repeat offender.
Join me Thursday nite at 7pm CT Nov 21st to discuss the Mental Health Court Systems compared to the traditional court systems that our mentally ill face time and time again for crimes that can be prevented if proper treatment was available.
IT THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR!!!!! It's time to go BACK TO SCHOOL!!!!! We have an education system that has been in place for many years. When you take a test you are graded on if you can get large percentage of questions correct. Does that really gauge if you are smart or not, or does that prove that you have a good memory? Even in grade school our children are being taught history that isn't accurate. Children learn differently and they all learn in different ways. Do you think it is possible to teach and reach children according to their abilities? Should we get children involved in a career at an earlier age? Join me and my special guest as we discuss The System: Is It time To Change Education?
Call The Show: 347-884-9373
Join Host Live Chats
- Phoenix3333 (152 chatters)
- Bigfoot Hotspot (140 chatters)
- John Baptist (86 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (36 chatters)
- Jamie The Psychic (22 chatters)
- Pine Ridge Warriors (17 chatters)
- Well Armed Radio (16 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (15 chatters)
- thelordshour (15 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (15 chatters)
- Cross Talk Radio brother Lawrence (15 chatters)
- Two Moons Talking (12 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (11 chatters)
- Gecko Nation Radio (11 chatters)
- Monster X Radio1 (10 chatters)
- ILLUMINATION (9 chatters)
- AngelsandWarriors (9 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (8 chatters)
- On The Move with Mack Worley (7 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (7 chatters)
- The Marching Podcast (6 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (6 chatters)
- Life Conversations (6 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (5 chatters)
- INFINITY888 RADIO (5 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (5 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (5 chatters)
- Donny C (5 chatters)
- Seed Dropper Nation (5 chatters)
- ParaTruth Radio (4 chatters)
- RequestFreeProphecyXcom (4 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (4 chatters)
- Common Ground Media Group OK (4 chatters)
- Bill Murray (4 chatters)
- 64452 (3 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (3 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (3 chatters)
- Type1RadioAshram (3 chatters)
- USA live (2 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (2 chatters)
- The Program Returns (2 chatters)
- The Final Word Podcast (2 chatters)
- The 2nd Revolution (2 chatters)
- SISFI Human Wellness Radio (2 chatters)
- Louis Teverini and Freddy Doll (2 chatters)
- Marlin Family Live (2 chatters)
- onCUE Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Pagan Musings Podcast Channel (2 chatters)
- 64403 (2 chatters)
- African On The Move (2 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (2 chatters)
- E Factor with Brenda Pearce (2 chatters)
- Darryl James (2 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- A New Day 4 Al Islam (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- Arlette and Mike Talk (1 chatters)
- NathanWalters0 (1 chatters)
- No to Port on Goat Islands Jamaica (1 chatters)
- JackNewtown (1 chatters)
- Hampton Blu Radio (1 chatters)
- Kardec Radio (1 chatters)
- LinkedLocalNetwork (1 chatters)
- Stay Bold Radio (1 chatters)
- Tarvino (1 chatters)
- Prophecy at the Midnight Hour (1 chatters)
- The Cricket Show (1 chatters)
- The Dream1 (1 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Wicked Space Radio (1 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (1 chatters)
- The Huddle 3 (1 chatters)
- The Live By Terrence Network (1 chatters)
- The NIGGA CHURCH (1 chatters)