SORT BY Relevancy
Tonight we will continue to discuss why the Criminal Justice System is not effective here in Amerika.
1. In the News 2. Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer talks about his book, The Court and the World: American Law and the New Global Realities, at the National Constitution Center’s annual celebration of Constitution Day. In his book, Justice Breyer examines the challenges facing the American judiciary and the application of American law in a variety of international context, including commerce, treaty obligations, copyright, human rights, and securities fraud. 3. Book Talk. 4. Listener Calls.
Lamont Banks, Cliff Stewart, and Lisa Stewart of the Colorado exoneration firm A Just Cause, discuss what happens when the wheels of justice trample unbridled over the rights of innocent Americans.
Our Special Guests for tonight's show are Advocates for Criminal Justice Reform: Charles Mittelstadt, Criminal Defense Investigator, Founder of The Mittelstadt Firm & 13 ½ Foundation, Inc., Bernard Kerik, Former 40th Police Commissioner, City of New York, and Joseph Nacchio, Former Chairman & CEO of Qwest Communications. Please join us tonight to hear their stories and thoughts on criminal justice reform!
A Just Cause is currently campaigning for "FreeTheIRP6," who's been wrongly imprisoned in Florence, CO for a crime they didn't commit. Read full story:www.freetheirp6.org.
For more information, about A Just Cause and to Donate to the IRP6 legal defense fund, visit www.a-justcause.com.
Follow us on Twitter: @AJCRadio, @A_JustCause, @FreeTheeIRP6, @FreeeTheIRP6 and Like our Facebook Pages: https://www.facebook.com/AJustCauseCoast2Coast, andhttps://www.facebook.com/AJustCauseCO, https://www.facebook.com/FreetheIRP6
Thank you for your support!
The Justice Department will open a civil rights investigation into policing practices in Ferguson, Mo., Attorney General Eric Holder announced Thursday. The move marks the Obama Administration’s most forceful step to address racial strife in the mostly African-American St. Louis suburb, where a police officer shot and killed an unarmed black teen on Aug. 9.
Ferguson activists and community leaders say they are welcoming the investigation, saying the practice of racial profiling by police was widespread in the community long before department veteran Darren Wilson shot and killed 18-year-old Michael Brown. The incident sparked days of protests and a heavy police crackdown.
But should DOJ have stepped in? We discuss it..
It has been about 2 years now, since I began to research and review the facts in the Timothy McEnany case — one of the worst miscarriages of justice in PA history, in my opinion.
McEnany was accused of murdering a Hummelstown woman in March, 1993; and despite mishandling and tampering at the crime scene by the victim’s family, gross errors and misrepresentations of so-called “expert witnesses”, and a litany of inconsistencies longer than your arm, McEnany was tried and found guilty of the crime he didn’t commit.
In this episode, we'll talk about the (poorly) manufactured evidence against McEnany, and the gross inconsistencies in the Commonwealth's case against him. How was this abusrd evidence not challenged?
And be sure to tune into our next program, when we take a look at one of the reasons that might have happened... It's called Incentivised Injustice... and it's all too commonplace in Pennsylvania it seems!
Tonight on on the show we will be speaking with Kimberly Bautista, a Los Angeles-based Colombian and Irish-American filmmaker. Kimberly was a Princess Grace Award recipient in 2008 and a Latino Producers Academy Fellow in 2010. She was also the recipient of the prestigious yearlong Latino Artists Mentorship from the National Association of Latino Independent Producers (NALIP) in 2010. Kimberly’s debut feature-length documentary film, JUSTICE FOR MY SISTER, received the 2012 HBO-NALIP Documentary Cash Award.
This award-winning documentary film takes an intimate look at violence against women in Guatemala by chronicling the three-year journey of Rebeca as she tries to hold her sister's killer accountable. JUSTICE FOR MY SISTER is currently transmitting nationally on PBS. Check your local listings here. Join the convo and dial 347.308.8633
1. In the News 2. Arthur Browne discusses his book One Righteous Man: Samuel Battle and the Shattering of the Color Line in New York, in which he recalls the life of Samuel Battle, the first African-American officer in the New York Police Department. It is a remarkable story of achievement 3. Book Talk 4. Listener Calls
Jenise Justice is a powerful voice and advocate of human rights and social activism. Her 'Leading Edge Lover Movement' has garnered the attention of thousands who desire freedom of self expression. With her debut literary work, DownLow Sister OnTop, she captures the voice of a myriad of women of all personalities, across all nationalities, professional industries, and social demographics as they affirm their sexual identity.
Jenise is currently developing her next project in between traveling and preparing for her film debut this Summer.
Be sure to tune in as we discuss Jenise's accomplishments, her book and learn more about the woman behind the powerful voice.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (106 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (61 chatters)
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (39 chatters)
- Rundgren Radio (35 chatters)
- The Portal - Dorothy (28 chatters)
- ANGRYFANS RADIO 1 (23 chatters)
- AJC Radio (18 chatters)
- Fins Radio (12 chatters)
- thelordshour (12 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (11 chatters)
- 5 Smooth Stones (9 chatters)
- Witch School (9 chatters)
- TJ Morris ET Cosmos Radio (9 chatters)
- Ron March Show (6 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (6 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (6 chatters)
- American Statesman (6 chatters)
- America Matters show (6 chatters)
- 2D Sports Talk (5 chatters)
- Mystical Awakenings Radio (5 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (5 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (5 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (4 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (3 chatters)
- Elucidating Life (3 chatters)
- entertainment-music-promotion- (3 chatters)
- AverageBlackMan (3 chatters)
- Stew and the Nunn (3 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (3 chatters)
- Goldylocks Productions (3 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (3 chatters)
- SOUL 1 RADIO (2 chatters)
- RadioFPC2015 (2 chatters)
- The Freedom For All Network (2 chatters)
- the LMC Radio Network (2 chatters)
- RLS Network (2 chatters)
- The Rush UTEP Miners Radio (2 chatters)
- Bill Murray (2 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (2 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (1 chatters)
- Life Conversations (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- HomeTeam (1 chatters)
- InThePaint (1 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (1 chatters)
- MichICAN Nightly Radio Show (1 chatters)
- MISC on LMC Radio Network (1 chatters)
- MySkinIsMySin (1 chatters)
- Love Unlimited Coaching (1 chatters)
- Nuts And Bolts Sports (1 chatters)
- American Network (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- Coffee Party USA (1 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (1 chatters)
- The Steve and Joe Show (1 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (1 chatters)
- The Will and Thunder Show (1 chatters)
- WARriorsInGODsArmy (1 chatters)
- ROADTOSTARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Sandi and Toi Flip That SH*T (1 chatters)
- SandyRodgers (1 chatters)
- Shay Renae and Friends (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)