SORT BY Relevancy
It is my total pleasure to interview Gavin McGarry, Founder of JUMPWIRE MEDIA. Gavin is a wonderful example of the passion you need to be a serial entrepreneur. Join me for this interview as Gavin shares his journey and story as a serial entrepreneur and establishing JUMPWIRE MEDIA. Fast Company has listed JUMPWIRE MEDIA in the top10 most innovative companies in media. So mark this in your calendar as a must listen
Guest Bio Gavin McGarry Before founding Jumpwire Media in 2009 Gavin worked for online video start up Joost and was the Head of Cross Platform Business Development at global television production company Endemol.
Gavin has been working in media space for over 20 years. His past experience includes positions at major television networks as well as owning and operating a television production company and a boutique advertising agency. His company created some of the first cross media TV content and worked with major networks including NBC, Discovery, CTV, and Global Television. The full service ad agency serviced two national clients and explored integrating brands into television and online properties. In 2004 he moved from his native Canada to the UK to better understand the rapidly emerging mobile phone space. Through his position at Endemol he worked closely with the UK’s largest mobile operator O2 and helped develop leading edge content for multiple platform release. In 2007 he moved into the web video arena based out of the Joost’s New York office. He has spent time in Japan, Africa, Europe and China exploring and understanding the global digital media content market place.
This week Erin, Corina and I discuss which social media tools we use daily for Jumpwire clients. We are quite rigiorous about how we test new tools and how we assess if our clients should consider them.
The show will focus on 4 key areas:
1) Posting tools that will make you more efficient and save you time.
2) Data gathering tools for your social media platforms to help deliver insights
3) Websites that have good information and insights
4) A short list of people and companies to follow on various social platforms that will give you good insights on a regular basis.
Youtube has made some significant changes to it's plaform in the last year and we, at Jumpwire, now consider it more of a social media network than a video playback destination site.
During the 15 minute show we will discuss:
1) How to use Youtube as a social media network: subscribers, conversations, etc
2) Using Youtube analytics to build more engaging content for your audience
3) Youtubers that are doing it right
4) Earning money from your Youtube content. Is it worth the hassle?
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (30 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (26 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (7 chatters)
- John Baptist (5 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (4 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (4 chatters)
- Coach Khayr (3 chatters)
- thedean (3 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (2 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (2 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (2 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (1 chatters)
- Universal Radio (1 chatters)
- WTLC Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- canadianglen (1 chatters)
- Curious Times (1 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (1 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (1 chatters)
- HME Network (1 chatters)
- thelordshour (1 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (1 chatters)
- Lifeline with Cindy Sommer (1 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (1 chatters)
- PwtorchEastCoastCast (1 chatters)