SORT BY Relevancy
Athlete Juaquin Hawkins has played professional basketball for 14 years. He has played in six different countries and became the second oldest rookie in the NBA with the Houston Rockets in 2003. He joins African-American Conservatives host, Marie Stroughter, to discuss his new memoir recalling his journey to recovery as a stroke survivor in The Stroke of Grace.
S.l. Scott S.L. Scott is a former high-tech account manager with a journalism degree pursuing her passion for telling stories. She spends her days escaping into her characters and letting them lead her on their adventures. Juaquin Hawkins
Through this foundation Hawkins and freinds conduct youth basketball camps, classes and after school programing. We teach the fundalmentals of shooting, dribbling, defense, etc,,to boys and girls helping to develope self-esteem, confidence and teaching the advantages of sports and education. We also focus on preventing child hood obesity and promoting stroke awareness. Ages are 6-18, all levels are welcome! We welcome collaborating with other organization and helping to raise funds for their own cause. Hawkins is available for speaking engagements as an Ambasssador of American Stroke Association.
Paula Jai Parker
is actress and comedian. She is best known of her roles as Lexus in Hustle & Flow, Joi in Friday, and as the voice of matriarch Trudy Proud on the Disney Channel animated sitcom The Proud Family.
You'll learn about the inspiring story of former Rockets guard/forward, Juaquin Hawkins who is fortunate to be alive after nearly dying from a stroke a few years ago. He's now dedicated his life to helping others and you'll hear all about it. The Breakdown - For hoops talk, the way it should be!
Dave & Audley caught up with Atlanta Hawks big man, Al Horford for a brief chat before he was recently announced as an NBA All-Star again. He's a cool dude. You'll soon find out why. As well, you'll discover the inspiring story of former Rockets guard/forward, Juaquin Hawkins who is fortunate to be alive after nearly dying from a stroke a few years ago. This episode has it all -- inspiration and laughs. Are YOU ready for it? The Breakdown -- For Hoops Talk, The Way It Should Be!!!
Lamont interviews the superstars of indie music to discuss upcoming projects, play their music and talk the "business" of entertainment. Today's guest is Mr.
Juaquin Hawkins, affectionately known as "Hawk" has played professional basketball for 14 years, he has played in 5 different countries, in every minor league (ABA, CBA, IBL, USBL) with the Harlem Globetrotters and had brief stints with the Lakers, Clippers, Bucks, and the Warriors. In 2003 he made The Houston Rockets and became the NBA second oldest rookie signing that year. Growing up in the urban areas of Lynwood and Compton California, "Hawk" like many others had dreams of playing in the NBA. His perseverance to achieve his dream would serve as strength that would prepare him for what was to come. In 2008, while playing in Australia, "Hawk" then at the age of 34 suffered a stroke that would completely change his life. After many months of speech and physical therapy he made a full recovery, beating the odds a second time in his life he would not only be able to play basketball again but continue to teach and educate youth through his Hawk Hoops Sports Foundation.
Also the Funky Prodege From Sly Stones Camp,Telling us whats coming New Sly Stone Music with the Funky Prodege. Join your Boy Kdiddy!!
Join Host Live Chats
- ANGRYFANS RADIO 1 (56 chatters)
- sherrytalkradio (35 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (33 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (21 chatters)
- Curious Times (18 chatters)
- Odwirafo (16 chatters)
- Vinny Bond (12 chatters)
- thelordshour (11 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (11 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (9 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (9 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (8 chatters)
- Free Thinking Radio (8 chatters)
- SUBCONSCIOUS CHANNEL (7 chatters)
- PMN Radio Network (6 chatters)
- DavetheMystic (6 chatters)
- Healing with the Rainbow Rays (6 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (5 chatters)
- Doc Wythe (4 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (4 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (4 chatters)
- Xpoze Radio (4 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Butterfly Evolution Radio (3 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (3 chatters)
- Levitating Mindsets Network (3 chatters)
- Light For Souls Radio (3 chatters)
- Universal Radio (3 chatters)
- 101OasisRadio (2 chatters)
- SURN Host (2 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (2 chatters)
- Front Row At The Freak Show (2 chatters)
- Brian Treybig (2 chatters)
- Interstellar Realities (2 chatters)
- WJBR (2 chatters)
- Woman 2 Woman1 (2 chatters)
- JoelHenard (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)
- THEE ALMIGHTY ALLSUNDARA (1 chatters)
- SupermanHomepage (0 chatters)