SORT BY Relevancy
"KEEPING UP WITH THE JONESES" --- Monkey See Monkey Do
With bankruptcy, foreclosures, and such poverty on the rise why do people still try to keep up with their neighbors? Not to mention the glamorous lifestyles we see in the media folks are going broke to pretend to live a lifestyle they Know nothing about?
Truth be told if we really knew what goes on behind our nieghbors doors and what really comes with being a celebrity you may find that what you have going on isnt all that bad. Join host PercyMae and special guest Willie Brown and Friends as we get a closer look at why folks try to "KEEP UP WITH THE JONESES"
CALL (347)237-5342 TO JOIN THE TOPIC OR JUST LISTEN
CLICK THIS LINK TO VISIT THE KLJN 107.7 WEBSITE
Keeping up with the Joneses isn’t all it’s made out to be. In this intriguing novel full of drama and plot twists, one family tries to hold on to their “perfect” life before their secrets, lies, and scandals are exposed.
On the outside, the Joneses seem like the ideal family: Royce Jones, a funeral home mogul, and his wife, Lexi, are parents to Charity, Hope, and Lovie—and everybody wants to be them. But it’s true that money can’t buy happiness, and the Joneses are harboring secrets that can’t stay hidden forever…
The funeral home business has been slow lately, and Royce is in serious trouble. When Lexi learns of their financial strain, she vows to hold on to her status by any means necessary—even if it means going behind her husband’s back. Lovie, seeing his beloved mother so stressed, will do whatever it takes to put a smile back on her face. And sibling rivalries tense up when Charity and Hope both fall for the same guy. On top of this, they all have secrets they’re hiding not only from people outside their family—but from each other. It’s only a matter of time before the Joneses’ perfect life goes spinning out of control and they’re revealed for who they truly are.
Team Dirtyredz is back on the air. We have the same cast of characters and we've added new ones. We have Cadilac Phil producing the show in studio. Go-Go Rob with the HOT Wemixes. L.D., the Love Guru and relationship expert. Da Professa, "OLD SKOOL" and You, the fans, are the ones that make the show what it is. Either chat live with us on the air or get the ultimate experience of calling in to the show @ 310-742-1853. We are coming at you each and every Wednesday Night from 8-10. Don't miss out.
Ever get overwhelmed with all the popular things on pinterest and what seems to be the things that are all rave? We will talk about how Turtle and I tried the Eat Your Heart Out Diet and failed miserably, keeping kids involved in social groups and lessons, the crap we buy because we thought it was cool and never used. How a picture on instagragm can show your goods to your frenemies. ALSO our ever improving new skits and segments. This week we will have products of the week, weekly 'rap' up, and would you rather!!
Let's get real and down to business, up in your business, lets face it we all work hard raising our kids!
Rouse Ministries Broadcasting & Communications Online Radio Shows - The Pastor J. Rouse Show & Wright On Point.
- "Back To Reality & Keeping It Real"... - Keeping Up With The Joneses TV series and The Movie... - J. Darryn Zewalk, the man and his music...
- "Wright On Point" hot topic...
- Pastor J. Rouse/J. Wright Rouse interview of CITA Christian Radio in Barbados...
- Rouse Ministries updates... - J. Wright Rouse, Author & the books... - Rouse Ministries, J. Wright Rouse & The Pastor J. Rouse Show Barbados & Caribbean expansion news, announcements and updates....
- New Sponsor updates: 1) Nails By Moi; 2) Rhani Health Spa; 3) Blue Orchids Beach Hotel; and 4) Coral Blue Restaurant & Bar..... - Birthday Shout Outs, Church Shout Outs, Special Anniversary Shouts, Upcoming Rouse Ministries Events, International Christian Events and Happenings and much much more......
Are you trying to "Keep Up With The Joneses" in an effort to fit in or be socially accepted and valued as important? Stop it right now!
The Joneses are real people, dealing with real everyday issues just like you! Everything isn't always what it seems.
SHOW NOTES: Our FINANCIAL FIERCENESS!™ series integrates our financial goals into our development plan for surpassing our goals. We deal with the specific issues we need to explore in order to achieve (and surpass) our financial goals. This specific episode is “Getting ‘Rich’ is Easy. Staying ‘Rich’ is Hard. Why that is and how to beat the odds.”
As we have previously discussed in other programs, wealth is relative. A person will determine if they feel wealthy (or “rich”) based on their upbringing, culture, ethics, religious, spiritual, education, philosophical and political frameworks. If a person has more resources (or appears to have more resources) than other peers, it tends to make them feel wealthy. If a person has less resources (or appears to have less resources) than peers, they feel poor. I have known people who made $2,000 USD a month and felt very wealthy (as their peers made much less on fixed incomes of around $1,000 USD a month). I also have known people who made $60,000 USD a month who felt poor (as their peers made $100,000 USD a month).
Once we have our basic necessities met in life, there is a universal human tendency to judge our economic ‘success’ relative to peer groups. This leads many people to try to spend money to seemingly match their peer behavior (i.e., keeping up with the Joneses). This is a large part of why people who have resources (aka “rich”) do not keep them.
- “On average, 90 percent of lottery winners go through their winnings in five years or less.” (http://bucks.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/12/03/a-financial-plan-for-misbehaving-lottery-winners/?_php
Join Host Live Chats
- WGAG Radio (33 chatters)
- Mark J Kohler (14 chatters)
- BonnieAlbersOnAir (9 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (8 chatters)
- Angel Healing House (6 chatters)
- Southern Sense Is Conservative (6 chatters)
- Trish Hennessey (5 chatters)
- Seed Dropper Nation (4 chatters)
- Positively Autistic (2 chatters)
- cjspeaks (2 chatters)
- ez fun (1 chatters)
- Mystical Awakenings (1 chatters)
- Warren Markowitz (1 chatters)
- zuadionzunno (1 chatters)