SORT BY Relevancy
Dolph Lundgren's motion picture debut came in the 1985 James Bond feature A VIEW TO A KILL. ‘I’m on screen for no more than ten seconds, if you blink you miss me...’. But, it was Dolph’s performance in ROCKY IV later that year that got him noticed worldwide. After a 9 month audition process among 5,000 hopefuls, Dolph was chosen by Sylvester Stallone to be his fearsome Soviet opponent in the ring, Captain Ivan Drago. From here Dolph build a solid career as an international action-hero & has since starred in more than thirty-five feature films. In the eighties & nineties, Lundgren played the classic action lead in such films as MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE, SHOWDOWN IN LITTLE TOKYO co-starring the late Brandon Lee & BLACKJACK by Hong-Kong action legend John Woo. In the 90’s Lundgren also turned in some memorable performances as the main villain to other action stars, most notably in UNIVERSAL SOLDIER opposite Jean Claude Van Damme, directed by Roland Emmerich & “JOHNNY MNEMONIC opposite Keanu Reeves. Dolph made the move behind the camera to become a director six years ago. Since then, Dolph has directed five feature films. His production company Thor Pictures is currently developing several projects, which he will produce, star & direct. His two latest projects are a feature he co-wrote & directed, COMMAND PERFORMANCE produced by Avi Lerner & Nu Image Films – & ICARUS, a neo-noir thriller, shot in Vancouver, BC. In 2009 Dolph co-starred with fellow action star Jean-Claude Van Damme in UNIVERSAL SOLDIER REGENERATION, a sequel to the film that paired the two European actors back in the 90’s. Stay tuned to Rex Sikes' Movie Beat for other great interviews, cast & crew listings, events, premieres & more at rexsikes.com
WORDBEAT is back with Season 7 segment #93
In this show:
- Interview with John Barrymore III tells us more than we should know in regard to Barrymore's forthcoming book, "The Sins of The Father"
- Rich Ferguson's "Every Now is Everything" from the album, "Of Wishbones & Gunfire", newly released album of Rich's spoken word & music group, WE VOICE SING
Additional stellar tracks in this segment include Iris Berry's "Ode To Sammy Glick", A. Razor's "Patriotic", Michael Rothenberg's, "TAKE", S.A. Griffin's, "GENIUS", 100KPoets For Change video trk: WE HAVE A GOAL, and more...
FEATURED HOST since 2008... WORDBEAT BABY!
BTR's WORDBEAT Poetry & Music & open mic hosted by Poet Yvonne de la Vega with occasional co-host Poet John Barrymore. Listeners in the WordBeat chatLounge mingle, network, listen and call in. Poets call in and share poems while WordBeat spins tracks for cool rhythm and cadence. The open mike sessions are fun and always all inclusive, artistically challenging and spiritually rewarding for both poet and listener. Guest Call-in (646) 929-0302
JOHN BARRYMORE comes on deck to Co-host with Yvonne de la Vega here on WORDBEAT,
In Review: Can you say Technical trainwreck? Well even though that's what went down, it's a heartwarming and hysterical segment nonetheless - WORDBEAT STYLE... Next week promises the even flow and on the go wordflow now that the kinks are all hopefully out of the way. tune in log on and proceed onward and upward with Wordbeat next Sunday!
John Drew Barrymore is the child of two actors, John Barrymore Jr (AKA John Drew Barrymore) and Cara Williams, a film and TV actress active from the 1940s through the 1960s.
John started writing poetry around 1990 inspired by the poets at the weekly "Poetry in Motion "readings in Los Angeles. This was the very same poetry series Wordbeat host Yvonne de la Vega began her life as a Poet.
Having known each other for close to 25 years, they've enjoyed the same upbringing in the poetry world as one another, spawning their work from a time when many in Los Angeles became inspired by a looming poetry resurgence of the early 90's L.A.,
John has continued to write since that time; poetry, prose and an autobiography.
He worked as an actor from 1971 through 1980 deeply involved with Shakespeare on stage while working in TV and in films, and later in the 1990s as a voice over performer.
He is a Los Angeles Poet and has also been working as an acting coach as well as a private speech tutor specializing in the acquisition of the standard American accent.
We're jazzed to have him here on WORDBEAT for our precious and worthless banter, all in the name of The Word and the Beat.
Welcome John Barrymore! Bring a lunch!
John Barrymore returns to co-host SEASON 5 of WORDBEAT! ast weeks show was tainted by a cyber attack on the BlogTalkRadio server. Others hit were The Washington Post, and others... read it for yourself, the Letter from Alan Levy Let's hope that tonight, the attacks are at least for a good cause. Occupy BlogTalkRadio WORDBEAT y'all.
Live Interview May 6, 2016 Friday Attempt to get further information regarding Puerto Princesa incident (Acosta-Hagedorn supporter clash)
Interview with Mr John Santi of Fort McMurray, Alberta Canada (Wildfire and evacuations).
Interview with Mr. Joy Habana : PWD Dasmarinas, RE: Mt. Tarak Climb
Vannessa Wade is an award-winning PR Expert and Founder of Connect The Dots PR where she loves getting her clients favorable publicity. Vannessa has appeared in Entrepreneur, Black Enterprise, Fast Company and continues to be recognized for her unmatched spunk and talent. From the halls of the U.S. Office of Presidential Correspondence to UNICEF, Vannessa has been able to create strong engaging brands that appeal to consumers – and it shows!
Her strengths includes building solid client relationships, crafting effective personalized campaigns and listening to her client’s needs.
Vannessa, a graduate of The University of Houston, is as driven about public service as she is about public relations.
Si te quieres mantener bien informado en la materia de los deportes (MLB, NBA, NFL, BSN, PGA, WTA, FIFA etc) tienes que escuchar a los duros en la materia @palillitoarnold y @mayitopr3
TEMAS DE HOY:
1) Flor Melendez quiere ser el Presidente de la Federacion de Baloncesto, bueno o malo.
2) Yadier Molina y Kike Hernandez se expresaron muy mal o tenian razon, cuando contestaron a un comentario del Gobernador de PR sobre los beisbolistas.
3) Estaria MLB y los jugadores de los Marlins y Pirates faltandole el respeto a nuestro Roberto Clemente si deciden no jugar en PR
4) Cuales son los caballos que tienen una buena oportunidad de ganar el Kentucky Derby mañana.
5) Atlanta Hawks (vs Cavaliers) y Portland Blazzers (vs Warriors) ganaran 1 juego en sus respectivas series (ambos tienen 0-2 ahora mismo)
6) Quien es Monica Abbott.
7) Torneo d Excelencia en PR (resume del torneo)
1) Que lugar terminara el caballo Outwork guiado por el jinete boricua John Velazquez en el Derby.
2) Quien ganara el Torneo de Excelencia este año.
3) Un dia como hoy en el 1998 Kerry Wood poncho a 20 bateadores vs los Astros, veremos otro lanzador lograr esa hazaña este año.
4) Garrett Richards sera operado (Tommy John) y Chris Heaney tambien estara fuera con daño en su ligamento del codo, podemos decir q Los Angels ya estan eliminados.
5) Jose Altuve, Robinson Cano, Dustin Pedroia o Jason Kipnis cual es la mejor 2da base de estos 4.
Cuadrito para hoy de Palillo y Palillito Santiago
The first author to Get Caught Reading, here on Tell Me a Story this month, is Don Massenzio. This busy man has several books available for your enjoyment including the ever expanding Frank Rozzani, detective series. There is a great deal of information on Don’s blog, where he does a great job promoting, educating and entertaining his fellow authors. http://www.donmassenzio.wordpress.com Who does Don get caught reading for his own pleasure? Stephen King, Jonathan Kellerman, Harlan Coben, David Morrell, John Grisham, and Hugh Howey. Does he have a favorite book of all time? We’ll ask him during the program today, LIVE here on Tell Me a Story, a presentation of The Magic Happens Radio Network.
Join Host Live Chats
- The Spiritual Concepts Show (8 chatters)
- The Angel Heart 4 You Radio Channel (7 chatters)
- English Defence League Radio (4 chatters)
- Cosmic Philosopher (3 chatters)
- MRTALK (3 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (3 chatters)
- North London Paranormal Radio (2 chatters)
- GatewoodsLegacyRadio (2 chatters)
- Champion Talk (1 chatters)
- COWPOTE PODCAST (1 chatters)
- FilmGordon Radio Network (1 chatters)
- The Brian Craig Show (1 chatters)