SORT BY Relevancy
Pitching motion expert Angel Borrelli and baseball coach / blogger Joe Janish talk about MLB pitching injuries, how they may have occurred, and how pitching injuries in general can be prevented. They briefly metnion Jonny Venters' third UCL tear, and why it may have happened. They also discuss Homer Bailey's torn flexor tendon, going in-depth to describe the flexor and its role in the pitching motion, and Bailey's risk of suffering another arm injury in the future. Angel and Joe also go over Danny Duffy's recent shoulder inflammation and how it may be related to his previous UCL tear and Tommy John surgery. Finally, Angel and Joe take on the theory that baseball pitchers should be playing other sports during the offseason, suggesting that Dr. James Andrews' recommendation may have been misinterpreted.
Pitching motion expert Angel Borrelli and baseball coach/blogger Joe Janish discuss the Mets' decision to stall Matt Harvey's rehabilition schedule based on teammate Jeremy Hefner's setback. Angel offers theories on why the Mets may have come to this decision and explains the possible risks of slowing down Harvey's progress. Additionally, she offers insight on what pitchers -- both healthy and those rehabbing from injury -- should be doing in the offseason. Finally, Angel answers a question from a listener regarding an offseason long-toss program recommended to a high school pitcher.
Pitching motion expert Angel Borrelli and ESPN SweetSpot blogger Joe Janish start out by discussing the deceleration phase of the baseball pitching motion and how it is important toward both staying healthy and in troubleshooting mechanics. Then, they talk about a mechanical flaw that some pitchers exhibit (most notably Stephen Strasburg, Mark Prior, and Zack Wheeler) that is described in some circles as an "inverted W." Finally, Joe recounts the Seattle Mariners' decision to leave pitcher Roenis Elias in a recent game after he suffered a forearm cramp.
Pitching motion expert Angel Borrelli and baseball blogger Joe Janish talk about pitching mechanics. The show begins with discussion of Tyler Skaggs' decision to walk off the mound while in the middle of pitching a no-hitter. That leads into an explanation of a "pronator mass strain," which was Skaggs' initial diagnosis as well as the injury suffered by Cliff Lee. Angel then describes some signs that a pitcher may be fatigued and/or about to injure himself; and what a coach shoud do in such a situation. Further, Angel explains how a pitcher should be brought back from such an injury. The show closes with Joe and Angel talking about the theory that MLB pitchers will inevitably suffer decreased performance once they reach age 30 -- including recommendations by Angel that can result in pitchers maintaining or increasing their performance as they age.
Welcome to Long Island Joe's Grudge Discussions where every Monday at 7:30 pm eastern standard time listeners can find out who's racing the 1/4 or 1/8 mile in the northeast. Long Island Joe is a staple in the drag racing community covering the states of New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Maryland, (D.C), Virginia and both of the Carolinas. He is a travelling racer and has emerged as one of the superstars of grudge racing.
Long Island Joe is a promoter and part of the "Custom T's" racing and promotional family.
His entire family races...his two sons and his wife. Phil Gray which is his youngest son (16) is a certified hitman and had his first grudge races in Indiana (Sept. 2013) in which he mopped the floor with his opponents.
On Friday, September 19, I sat down with my friend Joe to record my first Q&A, covering a series of diverse questions sent in by longtime readers of my blog. Although Joe specializes in mental health care, we cover a diverse set of questions sent in by longtime readers of this blog, including questions relating to theology, relationships, travel, history, and so forth.
It should be noted that immediately after this recording, as I was leaving our recording location, a snake fell onto my head. We think he was most likely sleeping across the doorjamb, and I've been assured that he was just as scared of me as I was of him, although I doubt it.
With such an auspicious beginning to the Q&A series, I'm sure that we're in for nothing but good things!
Join us for October's Q&A, titled "Everything Outdoors," which will feature special guest Bethany, and will cover any and all questions submitted by YOU! Remember that Bethany makes her living out of doors, taking care of horses and various other animals, but that she's also open to other categories of questions as well.
in Pop Culture
Andrea Nelson, from the Clover Agency, joins Joe to discuss recent news events that you probably won't hear anywhere else. Tune in, you'll be surprised at some of the weird news stories and what passes for news nowadays!
Have you had your healthy dose of reality lately?
There are always at least two sides to every story. Have you ever wondered how someone, who saw the same thing you did, walked away telling a vastly different story? Which version was correct? Which one was the REAL story? Actually, both are! It’s just a matter of perspective.
Joe takes the issues… especially the controversial issues (politics, prejudice, religion, illegal immigration)… and brings in people from different sides to share their viewpoint. This is definitely not a fluff piece. And while no one is attacked, the questions are hard-hitting.
But the conversation is always respectful and you’re sure to learn something new, even if you don’t agree!
If you’ve always wondered how the “other side” thinks and how they’ve arrived at their “stand”, then this is the show for you!
It’s not the right side, it’s not the wrong side, but the REAL side of the issues!
A Discussion about Abundance...
Gentle Words, Binaural beats, Subtle nature sounds - a new CD by: Dr. Joe Gallenberger features a meditation for enhanced flow of abundance in all areas of life. This 36 minute CD encourages you to relax, open your heart, and experience your very own Abundance Waterfall. You are guided to imagine a waterfall celebrating your current flow of abundance, and then to increase the flow in any and all areas of your life where you desire greater blessings – such as health, money, relationships, career, and spiritual life.
Most manifestation exercises help you visualize one specific thing that you would like to manifest. Abundance Waterfall enhances your awareness of the entire flow of abundance available to you and dramatically increases your capacity to receive it. This opens you to a flow of miracle blessings beyond your current experience.
Dr. Joseph Gallenberger is a psychologist with 30 years of experience as a therapist, workshop leader, and meditator. He is an expert in using psychokinesis for influence over physical matter events. His book, Inner Vegas: Creating Miracles, Abundance, and Health and first CD, Liquid Luck prove that psychokinesis, healing, and manifestation are obtainable miracles if approached with an open heart. Dr. Gallenberger teaches expanded consciousness seminars at The Monroe Institute and conducts workshops such as the Inner Vegas Adventure.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Annahilation (49 chatters)
- sherrytalkradio (41 chatters)
- Hunger Games Fireside Chat (33 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (29 chatters)
- thelordshour (29 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (25 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (24 chatters)
- Curious Times (24 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (13 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (11 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (10 chatters)
- Free Thinking Radio (10 chatters)
- Universal Radio (10 chatters)
- RRS Radio (9 chatters)
- Tens or Chops (9 chatters)
- Pro MMA Now Radio (8 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (8 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (7 chatters)
- Own Your Career (7 chatters)
- Vinny Bond (7 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (6 chatters)
- The Wheel Men (5 chatters)
- Vibration Radio (5 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (5 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio Mass Media (5 chatters)
- Jay King Network (5 chatters)
- AirWavesAmerica (5 chatters)
- Xpoze Radio (4 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (4 chatters)
- Quagmire America (3 chatters)
- Random Brain Activity (3 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (3 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (3 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (3 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (3 chatters)
- POET UNPLUGGED (2 chatters)
- JUST US RADIO NETWORK (2 chatters)
- Life and Party Times (2 chatters)
- Harold Sutton (2 chatters)
- DavetheMystic (2 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (2 chatters)
- The Huddle 3 (2 chatters)
- The Lotus Place (2 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (2 chatters)
- Stilettos And Convos (2 chatters)
- SupermanHomepage (2 chatters)
- SURN Host (2 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (2 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (2 chatters)
- The Seika Network (1 chatters)
- Soulistic0 (1 chatters)
- RXCX Anderson (1 chatters)
- Prophet Kyle T Miller (1 chatters)
- Truedalyph radio (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- FrmHsPerspectiv (1 chatters)
- Four Aces Presents (1 chatters)
- Dragon vs Dragon (1 chatters)
- Bully Block Radio Network (1 chatters)
- CommonSenseConversations (1 chatters)
- Hussle Made Muzik (1 chatters)
- Indy Showcase0 (1 chatters)
- manofgod7 (1 chatters)