SORT BY Relevancy
Join me this Sunday, May 18, 2014, at 10:00am when I will speak with and play the music of CHAD CARTER a vocalist who is a Washington, DC native. He has performed at major jazz venues throughout Washington, DC. In addition, he has performed at the famous Lenox Lounge in Harlem New York. In 2002, Chad performed for Lionel Hampton in Washington D.C. at the Rayburn House Office Building. He has performed with Frank Owens, Lisle Atkinson, Aaron Graves, Bootsie Barnes, Buck Hill, Danny Mixon, Fred Hughes, Nasar Abadey, Mike Bowie, Bob Butta, Steve Novosel, Ronnie Wells, Ron Elliston, Chuck Redd, Robert Redd, Ron Compton, James King, Nadine Rae, Vince Smith, Cheyney Thomas, Alfredo Mojica, Pepe’ Gonzalez, Mickey Roker, and Keith Killgo just to name a few. Thank you so much for joining me every Sunday. Keeping jazz alive!!!!
Washington, D.C. metropolitan area has contributed numerous talented artists to the national jazz arena who continue the furtherance of jazz music. Please join me Monday, September 15, 2014, at 6:00pm when I will speak with James Zimmerman who is a jazz event producer, educator, vocalist, lyricist, manager, and administrator. As a producer, James led the Smithsonian Jazz Masterworks Orchestra for six years and served as its executive director for an additional five years. During his tenure, the orchestra performed extensively throughout the United States, Canada, and Europe. James was a featured vocalist for the orchestra on several occasions. This Friday, James will perform at Westminster Church in Washington, D.C.
Washington, D.C. metropolitan area has contributed numerous young jazz musicians to continue the furtherance of jazz music. Please join me today, when I will speak with Peter and Will Anderson who were born and raised in the Washington, D.C. area and mentored by saxophonist, Texas-native Paul Carr, before attending Juilliard in New York City, where they currently reside. The New York Times described them as virtuosos on clarinet and saxophone. They have performed at jazz festivals in Europe, Asia, The Middle East, and South America as well as Off – Broadway jazz shows. At Jazz Notes, jazz lives!
Join us at Blogtalkradio from 10:00 until 10:30, when I speak with Olayimika Cole. Like so many artists Olayimika, first discovered music from her Dad playing Jazz and other music in her home in Nigeria. Olayimika resides in Washington, D.C. now. While living in Washington, D.C., she had the opportunity to view jazz musicians performing jazz music. These experiences ignited her interest in music and later in composing music. She gathered some of the finest jazz musicians in Washington, D.C. to present her compositions which resulted in the CD L’IFE. During the program we will discuss the making of the CD and explore the music. The program Jazz Notes strives to keep jazz alive.
Join us on Blogtalkradio, Friday, July 25, 2014 from 10:00am until 10:30am. Denyse Pearson a vocalist and composer/Lyricist will join us. A native Washingtonian, Denyse attended Howard and Maryland University. She has traveled throughout Europe performing jazz music. Her mentors were Shirley Horn and John Malachi who worked with Sarah Vaughn. We will discuss her music and the Legendary Musicians, Inc Health Fair which takes place on Saturday, July 26, 2014. The program Jazz Notes strives to keep jazz alive!
Join us at Blogtalkradio, on Wednesday, July 24, 2014 from 10:00am to 10:30am. My guest is Antoine Roney jazz saxophonist, composer and educator. He graduated from Duke Ellington School of the Arts and attended the University Of Hartford School Of Music where he studied under Jackie Mc Lean. He has performed with many musicians including Donald Byrd, John Patton, Rashied Ali, Arthur Taylor, and Elvin Jones. The program Jazz Notes strives to keep jazz alive!
Join us on the program Jazz Notes, on Wednesday, July 23, 2014, from 10:00am to 10:30am, when I will share the music and information of eight of the greater Washington, DC area vocalists: Anthony Compton, Tacha Coleman Parr, Kathy Farmer, Tim Gavagan, Jeanine Greene, Kim Mills, Kiris Powell and Jeff Weintraub. Tim Gavagan will join us and talk about the event that he is hosting that features these artists and the Wayne Wilentz Trio. Jazz Notes is striving to keep jazz alive.
Join us on Blogtalkradio on Wednesday, July 30, 2014, from 6:30am until 7:00am, when I talk with Coniece Washington. She is a Washington area jazz vocalist whose influences are Sarah Vaughn, Ella Fitzgerald, Nancy Wilson, Billie Holiday, Carmen McRae and several gospel artists. During her performances, she aspires to present the American Song Book with integrity. The program Jazz Notes strives to keep jazz alive!
Join me, Sunday, July 20, 2014, from 10:00am to 10:30am, when I interview and play the music of Ron Sutton Jr. a saxophonist who is a native of Washington, D.C. He attended Duke Ellington School of Arts and later went on to study with jazz legend and saxophonist Jackie Mclean at the University of Hartford (Hart School of Music). In 1987 Ron moved to New York City where he played with various up and coming musicians before getting a break to play with jazz drummer Rashied Ali and legendary drummer Arthur Taylor. The Blogtalkradio program Jazz Notes strives to keep jazz alive!
Join me Thursday, July 17, 2014, from 10:00am to 10:30am, when I interview and share the music of Alex Hamburger who is a young vocalist and flute player. She resides in the DC area and she attended Blair High School in Silver Spring, Maryland. She was a member of the Jazz Academy of Washington Orchestra which is directed by tenor saxophonist Paul Carr. Currently Alex is majoring in Jazz Studies at SUNY Purchase in New York. The Blogtalkradio program Jazz Notes strives to keep jazz alive!
Did you attend the performance of the Washington Renaissance Orchestra on June 20th? Well, this Sunday, July 23, 2014, at 10:00am, Nasar Abadey one of the driving forces behind that performance will join us at Blogtalkradio. He is a drummer, composer, bandleader, and educator. In addition, he is the founder, and leader of the group SUPERNOVA®. His music spans the African Diaspora as well as inspired by the many jazz innovators. Abadey has performed with many well known jazz musicians: such as, Amiri Baraka, Dizzy Gillespie, and Charlie Rouse, just to name a few. Frankie Dunlop, the drummer, is his cousin. Currently, Abadey is a Professor of Jazz Percussion in the Jazz Studies department at Peabody Institute of the John Hopkins University. Join us as we talk with him and explore his music. The program is Jazz Notes and our mission is to keep jazz alive!
Join me on Sunday, July 6, 2014, at 10:00am, when I interview Reginald Cyntje a jazz trombonist, educator and activist. Reginald wants to spread love, peace and social justice through his music. He was born on the island of Dominica and raised in St. Thomas, United States, Virgin Island. His music is a mix of his cultural heritage with Black American Music. Reginald resides in Washington, D.C., although he has traveled throughout the world performing with many great musicians. Jazz Notes keeping jazz alive!
Join Host Live Chats
- Talk Real Solutions (50 chatters)
- Curious Times (20 chatters)
- Alan Roger Currie (17 chatters)
- reactionariez (16 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (14 chatters)
- Winging It In Motown (14 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (9 chatters)
- Michael Fairman (9 chatters)
- churchfolk (6 chatters)
- Restoring Your Reality (6 chatters)
- The View from Montana (5 chatters)
- Bigbagstudios (5 chatters)
- in5d (5 chatters)
- Jay King Network (4 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (4 chatters)
- SURN Host (4 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (4 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (3 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (3 chatters)
- Namaste Farms (3 chatters)
- Larry Csonka (3 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (3 chatters)
- 4 Shits n Giggles (3 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (2 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (2 chatters)
- AtaensicNetworkStation (2 chatters)
- Cross Talk Radio brother Lawrence (2 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Brian Treybig (2 chatters)
- KLJN 107 7 (2 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (2 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (2 chatters)
- The Portal (2 chatters)
- The War Room (2 chatters)
- The World Transformed (2 chatters)
- The Hermetic Hour (2 chatters)
- The MADHOUSE (2 chatters)
- Shifting Times Radio (2 chatters)
- Omega Man (2 chatters)
- Omega Man Channel 2 (2 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (2 chatters)
- Quagmire America (2 chatters)
- Random Rants (2 chatters)
- Personality Speaking (1 chatters)
- power of truth (1 chatters)
- Pro Wrestling Torch (1 chatters)
- ProphetCain (1 chatters)
- SirTemplar (1 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (1 chatters)
- Rifleman (1 chatters)
- The Oracle Speaks (1 chatters)
- The Tailgate Show (1 chatters)
- The Russell Reed Show (1 chatters)
- Yizzor Talk (1 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (1 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (1 chatters)
- Venus In Velvet (1 chatters)
- Four Aces Presents (1 chatters)
- Frat House Sports (1 chatters)
- God In The Midst (1 chatters)
- Harmonious Vibrations (1 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (1 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx (1 chatters)
- Janie Deadwyler (1 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (1 chatters)
- drkate (1 chatters)
- 2Raw4TV (1 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (1 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (1 chatters)
- manofgod7 (1 chatters)
- Neela Namaste (1 chatters)
- BX25 Vixens (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- BreakingNewsJournal (1 chatters)
- cathies DistantEchos (1 chatters)
- Aubrey Allen Smith (1 chatters)
- BerniceBennett (1 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (1 chatters)