SORT BY Relevancy
I'm sure you've all heard the story about Jason Collins admitting to being Gay. Well tonight we will discus the effects of having Gay athletes in the locker room. Should he be allowed to continue playing? Is his career over? How would you feel being teammates with Gay athletes?
1A- Miguel Tejada, should the Mets cut him and sign Stephen Drew??
2A- Canelo vs. Angulo on March 8,2014. Is Canelo ready to be the face of boxing? He says he's ready.
2B- Floyd vs. Maidona
3A- Dan Marino & Shannon Sharpe are replaced by Tony Gonzalez and Bart Scott on CBS's NFL Today.
3B- Is Johnny Manziel ready to join the NFL??
3C- Jaydevon Clowney and Mike Sam haven't impressed at the NFL combine.
3D- NY Giants extend Tom Coughlin's contract.
3E- NY Jets looking at Josh McCown and Mike Vick as backups and plan on cutting Mark Sanchez.
4A- Brooklyn Nets sign Jason Collins to a 10 day contract and he plays. !st home game is march 3, 2014
4B- NY Knicks owner James Dolan recieves death threat??
4C- Knicks cut Metta World Peace and Beno Udrih
4D- Ray Felton, his arresst and his divorce drama??
Despite the meme that gay athletes are a distraction to their teams, Jason Collins' season with the Brooklyn Nets came and went. The Nets had a strong season with Collins, going to the Eastern Conference semifinals before losing to the two-time defending champion Miami Heat. What does Collins' quiet exit tell us about the state of pro sports for gay athletes?
While we've talked a lot about Michael Sam for the last few weeks, the one new angle is the complaints from Christians that Tim Tebow was rejected for his religion while Michael Sam is welcomed for his sexual orientation. Is that even true?
Plus, Connor Barwin had some revealing revelations about the Philadelphia Eagles.
We've been told for years that an openly gay player on a pro sports team would be a terrible distraction and undermine a team's ability to win. Yet the Brooklyn Nets are 8-2 with him - that's their second-best 10-game streak of the season. Does it matter that Collins hasn't played many minutes?
And the Myrtle Beach Mutiny pro soccer team signed out gay player Anton Hysen. That's in South Carolina. How much does this tell us about how far pro sports have come?
When you have a great story that needs to be told, you want Sorts Illustrated's Lee Jenkins to write it. He's profiled everyone from Kobe Bryant and LeBron James to Rajon Rondo and Roy Hibbert. Paul Flannery talked to Jenkins about Jason Collins, the 29 seconds that defined last season and the enigmatic Rondo.
Join Host Live Chats
- Talk Real Solutions (52 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (44 chatters)
- Eric Balkman (34 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (25 chatters)
- Curious Times (21 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (13 chatters)
- The View from Montana (13 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (11 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (9 chatters)
- Restoring Your Reality (9 chatters)
- Love Productions (8 chatters)
- Cat Scratch Radio (8 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (7 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (6 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (6 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (6 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (6 chatters)
- Da DNell Experience (4 chatters)
- Metaphysical and Spiritual Chat (4 chatters)
- William Telltale (3 chatters)
- womenradio (3 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (3 chatters)
- Brian Treybig (3 chatters)
- JakeyandTheAce (3 chatters)
- Sherry Andrea (3 chatters)
- Talk2Q (2 chatters)
- Nimbus Moons (2 chatters)
- Non Partisan Liberty For all (2 chatters)
- GLHF Radio (2 chatters)
- Married Men Dont Talk Show (2 chatters)
- Crave Wrestling (2 chatters)
- AOW Productions (2 chatters)
- Apostle Malcolm Spurlock (2 chatters)
- Duluth Politics (2 chatters)
- El Maat (1 chatters)
- Exalted Nation of Truth (1 chatters)
- berni (1 chatters)
- MRS TODAY (1 chatters)
- Get Lifted Radio (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (1 chatters)
- Sweetenginesounds (1 chatters)
- Wellness Universe (1 chatters)
- UCC Show (1 chatters)
- Uncontrolled Opposition (1 chatters)
- Eyesyte Radio (0 chatters)