SORT BY Relevancy
The Dynamics of Colorism
Series: The Historical Perspectives
Topic: Intraracial Colorism (Black vs. Black)
November 15, 2012 at 8:00 PM EST
Hosts: Dr. Donnamaria Culbreth
Sarah L. Webb
I NEVER UNDERSTAND WHY THERE'S THIS "BATTLE" BETWEEN WHOSE LIGHT SKIN AND WHOSE DARK SKIN. IT'S THAT ONGOING DEBATE/ARGUMENT/BULLSHIT I KEEP HEARING. I WANT TO TALK TO YOU ALL ABOUT MY OPINION ON THE MATTER AS A DARK SKIN WOMAN. HAVE YOU HAD THIS DISCUSSION WITH PEOPLE BEFORE? HAVE YOU BEEN PICKED ON FOR THE COLOR OF YOUR SKIN? WHY IN THE AFRICAN AMERICAN COMMUNITY DO WE HAVE THIS SELF HATE AND HATE TOWARDS OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS? THESE ARE MY QUESTIONS THAT I PLAN ON TACKLING AND HOPEFULLY ANSWERING!
IF YOU HAVEN'T LISTENED TO YESTERDAY'S SEGMENT, DEFINITELY DO SO!!
Join Dr. Culbreth for a commentary on what she has coined as the “Culture of Ignorance.” It is time to wake-up, stand-up, step-up and address the culture of ignorance, which continues to be the driving force responsible for the plethora of ills that continue to stagnate society. Will you take a stand? Where will you stand? With whom will you stand? On the side of equality, justice, and unity for all people or will you join the narrow-minded, illogical and biased members of society “consumed with immoral acts” (King) against the masses? We are at a crossroads in this country! Be a part of the change needed in this world!
Defining the Culture of Ignorance
Interracial and Intraracial Issues
The Disparate Treatment of Black Women
On Being Institutionalized
At the Crossroads
Standards of Beauty
You are a Superstar
Stand or Fall
The Awakening - People Get Ready
FIRE & ICE on KLJN 107.7
Hosts: Ayodele, Taralyn, & Erica
Guest Host: SoulKitten
Producer: LadyJaz & Hervon McNeil
Teanastellen! (Hello in Amharic/Ethiopian) Pull up a chair (with your phone/tablet,etc) and check out the latest edition of Afronerd Radio's Grindhouse podcast airing this Saturday at 6pm EST. Join Dburt, Capt. Kirk and "the Uncanny" Daryll B. as they decipher this week Rubik's cube-like conundrums: as the New York Comic Con marches forward, not only are The Defenders (Netflix) scheduled to make an appearance but a teaser trailer for Jessica Jones hits the interwebs; Dburt really digs TNT's 60s crime drama, Public Morals; comic writer, Garth Ennis tackles the Tuskegee Airmen in an upcoming series entitled, Dreaming Eagles; photos of Hawkman and Hawkgirl, courtesy of the CW hit the net; the crew gives their thoughts about original programming coming to Apple as perhaps a competitor to Netflix and Amazon; perhaps in the vein of a Batman vs Superman crossover move, has the forthcoming King Kong: Skull Island film moved from Universal to Warner Bros to wrestle Godzilla? And lastly, our impressions of Zack Snyder's comments levied toward the Ant-Man film and the perceived seriousness of prospective WB/DC comic films.
For the second half, when we delve into more socio-political fare, the good folks at Podcast Juice stop by to engage in a fruitful debate about the efficacy of Black Lives Matter. Is it only about police misconduct claims or is it appropriate to include intraracial urban violence under the BLM banner? (Dburt say "yes" resoundingly); Retired tennis phenom, James Blake gets manhandled by the NYPD; Waxing on the Venus and Serena showing at US Open. And Dburt questions Donald Trump (again) on labeling fellow Republican presidential aspirant, Dr. Ben Carson an "OK doctor" Call the hosts live at 646-915-9620.
Livelinks Chatline - 917-268-8884
Student Loan Debt Relief - 347-966-8942
I was a huge fan of the battle rap sport when I was in my early twenties, but now I can honestly say that today the battle rap culture has become a cesspool of hot fermented satanic trash, that has spread with the rise and popularity of youtube. Currently, it is successfully poisoning the minds of the black youth while at the same time solidifying the ignorant and inferior stereotypes of black men as in the days of the minstrel shows .
Battle rappers showing their ass on stage
Battle Rappers throwing up the el diablo or horned Devil sign
All Seeing eye symbolism
Colorism and Racism
Battle Rapper wearing 666
Are you dealing with drama in the workplace? Crabs in the barrel? Have you been thrown under the bus? Listen to Dr. Culbreth explain Psychic Prisons in the Workplace and strategies to deal with all of the DRAMA!
Psychic Prisons & Ark
Groupthink & Office Politics
The Negative Grapevine
Negative Cultures & Negative Nancy’s
The Bitter Employee
Racism & White Privilege
Crabs in the Barrel & Colorism
Pettiness, Envy and OPBS
Bullies & Street Business in the Workplace
Incompetence, Professionalism, Ethics & ARI
The Icarus Paradox
The 20-70-10 Rule
So you were thrown under the bus?
Zero Tolerance & Taking Action
The Culbreth 4D Approach
Subscriber to support Phoenix Calida
So we're changing #MoralMonday to #MisoginoirMonday and we'll be tackling intraracial sexism that black men use against black women.
In this episode we'll be looking at how some of these men will share around pictures of these women without their consent or knowledge, making them famous in some circles simplying slut shaming speculation by gawking, gazing straingers.
What's trending tonight.
Coca-Cola: British Woman Says She Lost 112 Pounds by Giving Up Soda
Dianna Duran: New Mexico State Secretary Charged With 64 Counts Including Fraud, Official Says
Wahlburgers: Burger Chain Run by Wahlberg Family Coming to Farmingdale, NY, Report Says
Steve Backshall: BBC Presenter Interrupts Live Interview After Spotting a Blue Whale
Same-Sex Marriage: US Supreme Court Rules Against Kentucky Clerk Who Refused to Serve Gay Couples
Xbox One Elite: New Model Will Feature 1-Terabyte Hard Drive and Customizable Controller
Kirk Cousins: Washington Redskins Name Player Starting Quarterback for 2015 Season
Edgewater High School: Florida Teacher Files Lawsuit Claiming She Was Fired for Dating Black Man
Longmire: Trailer Released for Season 4 Netflix Premiere of Drama Series
One of our most downloaded guests, counselor Steven Welch joins us to discuss the topic of Colorism.
1. What is colorism ?
2. Why do we need to know about colorism as mental health practitioners?
3. What are some examples of colorism?
4. What is the connection between colonialism and colorism?
5. What are your automatic thoughts when you see a dark skinned black man?
6. How does colorism impact self-esteem?
7. What are some examples of colorism in the media?
8. Where else is colorism practiced around the world?
9. How is colorism expressed in your household?
10. What are some resources to learn more about colorism?
Please enjoy the full blog article here.
The recent uproar within the black community around these two characters has got to be put into proper perspective. Please join me as I give a real analysis to these two situations and bring clarity and focus without the misogynistic rhetoric. Call in with comments. 347.215.8933
Rouse Ministries Broadcasting & Communications Online Radio Shows - The Pastor J. Rouse Show, The Discussion & Wright On Point Hot Topics...syndicated on Saturday afternoons at 3pm to 5pm on TruLight Radio (SAST - 9am to 11am EST & 2pm to 4pm GMT):
- Rouse Ministries Updates, News, Events and much more...
- Woman Misled, the new play opening in Detroit, Michigan by Mark Hunter. Tonight, some inside details and a look into Woman Misled with Playwright Mark Hunter;
- Wright On Point Hot Topic & The Discussion: Trans-Piration Trans-Plants: Transracial, Transgenderism or Transitioning the Panel, The Discussion live on air tonight with Special Guest Panel:
* Dr. D. Culbreth - Author, Consultant, Professor, Motivational Speaker, Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Colorism and Executive Producer & Host of Complexity Talk Radio;
* Pastor Gregory Morris - Pastor of Freedom Church in Country Club Hills, Illinois;
* Pastor Eric Tucker - Pastor of Carey Chapel AME Church in Monroe, Michigan;
- Transracial: Former Spokane Washington Chapter President of the NAACP, Rachel Dolezal, outing by her parents that she is a white female and has been posing for several years as a black female.
- Transgender: The outing of former Olympian Bruce Jenner now claiming to be Caitlyn Jenner after transgender changes and surgery.
What say you?....We want to hear from you. We are opening up our phone lines tonight at 8pm (EST) (949) 203-4735. You can also message us here on Facebook or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or connect with us on Twitter @pastorrouseshow
Covering a covering under God - Live on The Pastor J. Rouse Show...
The G.O.O.DLife Online Radio Show promotes a commitment to a lifestyle of resourcefulness. Hosts Adiagha and Shea provide a platform for "out of the box discourse" that compels their audience to confront life challenges in an innovative fashion.
Join Host Live Chats
- ankhkakek (16 chatters)
- Robert Phoenix (11 chatters)
- Love Productions (10 chatters)
- Spaced Out Radio Show (8 chatters)
- TimBinnall (6 chatters)
- Jamiels Law (6 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (5 chatters)
- Excuse Me Radio (4 chatters)
- THEE ALMIGHTY ALLSUNDARA (3 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (2 chatters)
- Rehab with Leaf (1 chatters)
- ROADTOSTARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- SiStar Ignite Incite (1 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (1 chatters)