SORT BY Relevancy
The Harlem Renaissance was not only a cultural phenomenon, in "...the early portion of the 20th century, " it was also the nexus for a new form of sociopolitical frameworks. Its distinctions evolved from southern black migrantion, the intelligentia of the DuBoisan era, and the push-pull formation of Caribbean immigrants. It was successful in that it brought the Black experience clearly within the corpus of American cultural history.
On a sociological level, the legacy of the Harlem Renaissance redefined how America and the world, viewed African–Americans. This new identity led to a greater social consciousness, and African–Americans became players on the world stage, expanding intellectual and social contacts internationally.
Through the Harlem Renaissance encouraged the new appreciation of folk roots and culture. For instance, folk materials and spirituals provided a rich source for the artistic and intellectual imagination, which freed Blacks from the establishment of past condition. Through sharing in these cultural experiences, a consciousness sprung forth in the form of a united racial identity. Join us as we talk about the layers shaped the black socipolitical frameworks.
 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harlem_Renaissance, accessed 2/14/15.
Join Host Live Chats
- The Element of Magick (8 chatters)
- PSH Radio Show (7 chatters)
- MISC on LMC Radio Network (6 chatters)
- Destruindo Fortalezas (5 chatters)
- Fancalls (4 chatters)
- Frat House Sports (4 chatters)
- ADR CoXHost (3 chatters)
- Spiritual Corner0 (3 chatters)
- The Minority Report0 (3 chatters)
- Talking Smooth Jazz (2 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (1 chatters)
- Ascension Magic (1 chatters)
- Brother Dave0137 (1 chatters)
- Charles Internatl House Music (1 chatters)
- FWrestling and EFed Guerillas (1 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (1 chatters)