SORT BY Relevancy
in Real Estate
In this interview, Brian Spitz discusses home inspections for Houston investors with Kevin Smith and the top things investors should look for.
Things inspectors miss - Foundations
I’d like to spend a few minutes this morning talking about the things that inspectors see that investors miss on the properties.
The three most important things, the three most expensive things to repair on a property are: the foundation, the roof, the heating and the air conditioning equipment.
Foundations. Everything on the house sits on the foundations. So you have to do the foundation repair first.
(0:04:39.1 - Issues with a Roof)
The next item on the list is the roof. There’s big money here and they look differently when you get up on top of them than they do from the ground.
0:05:39.6 - Heating and A/C
Heating and air conditioning systems. Well, first of all, I’ll take a look around the house on the outside and in the attic, and see if the equipment is still there. (laughter) I mean, we live in challenging economic times and there are some very resourceful people out there. Some people will just come in and vandalize the units. They’ll take parts off the condensing unit, which is the outside part.
You can reach me at 713-858-1330. That’s Kevin Smith. 713-858-1330. I do not charge people for talking on the phone, and I’m glad to take investors’ questions. I’m glad to help if you’re out on the property. You see something you don’t understand. I want you to call me.
in Real Estate
Don't let a good deal go sour because of a bad home inspection! Award-winning real estate coaches Tim & Julie Harris discuss the issue of bad home inspections, and what you can do to avoid losing deals to poor inspections and unqualified inspectors.
Take Action : Schedule a Free 1-on-1 Coaching Call or Visit Tim & Julie Harris® Real Estate Coaching
Welcome to Your Insruance brought to you by the Romano Agency where share because we care. Because what you don't know about insruance can hurt you. Today we are talking about home inspections with the home inspection experts Bill and Brooke Cushing from National Property Insepction. Property inspections are important because an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
The Lightening Girls discuss Nascar inspections and appeals. Have you wondered how this process works?
We would also like to invite you to call in, or join us in the chat room. Here is the question of the night;
If you are a suspended crew chief, the rules state that you must turn over your radio and cell phone - do you think that the team can handle the pressure of not being able to communicate with you for the term of the suspension? What are your thoughts and opinions?
1) intro to program 2) Filipino Delegate at climate change Conferance Goes on Hunger Strike, As Wealthy Nations Don't Meet Global Climate Fund Pledges. -Patrick Bond: Global Climate Fund was set to provide $100 billion every year by 2020 for adaptation and mitigation efforts, but it goes grossly unfunded with nations like the Philippines feeling its consequences. 3) Filipino Gov. Misused Public Funds As People Suffer from Post-Typhoon Devastation -Jose Maria Sison: Evidence shows Filpino government set up ghost non-profits that failed to service its most vulnerable citizens 4) IAEA & Iran Enter New Inspections Deal, But What Does the IAEA Already Know? -Former IAEA inspector Robert Kelley examines what the IAEA already knows about Iran's nuclear program and debunks myths and misconceptions. - 5) Is Iran Being Transparent About Its Nuclear Program? -Robert Kelley: Iran could be more transparent but it has already been quite upfront. IAEA should be more transparent about the sources of its information especially when they present it as fact. - 6) Taking calls from listeners
Life Changing Insights with Dr. Alan Simberg and his guest Mike Calderwood
Founded by Michael Calderwood, Thrive Business Center is an organization created to educate and support small business owners who are burned out, spinning their wheels and don’t know what to do next. Michael brings nearly two decades of practical experience to the table, to help them fix what is not working in their business and create sustainable, profitable and thriving enterprises.
Before founding Thrive Business Center, Michael was a serial entrepreneur for nearly twenty years. During that time he built dozens of businesses in many different industries, from home inspections to health and wellness to children’s entertainment. Some of these ventures were extremely successful, some less so, but building these businesses from scratch taught him exactly what it takes to make a small business thrive.
After his latest venture, he decided that instead of building another business, he wanted to help other entrepreneurs get their own thriving enterprises off the ground. In 2012, he received his professional coaching certification from the world-class Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching (iPEC) and founded Thrive Business Center, an organization dedicated to helping small businesses thrive.
Michael resides in Katy, Texas with his wife and their two children. In his spare time he enjoys photography, youth sports, family time and travel. Find out more about Thrive Business Center here.
The time my dad told us kids that when the government cracks down and takes over we need to immediately head to the armory, take it over, and mount the resistance from there.
The time I read the Left Behind books’ description of a group of patriotic Americans doing just this – taking over the local armory and fighting against the UN’s takeover of the United States only to be blown up and utterly defeated – and wondered if that would be me someday.
The time I put the stones outside of my cabin at camp into the outline of the words “Get the U.S. out of the UN,” and then received extra points for this during cabin inspections.
The time I was taught about a secret UN treaty that the U.S. Senate almost passed in 1993, a treaty that would have essentially amounted to a UN takeover in the name of environmentalism and as the forerunner of a one world government.
It strikes me that there is a lot of overlap between evangelical Christians’ beliefs about the end times and the ideology of the militia movement. Both want the U.S. out of the UN and both fear that the UN is on the cusp of a global takeover. Both see anarchy in the nation’s future. One camp I attended as a teen was actually an odd combination of Christian Right politics and militia movement ideology.
Tough Talk with Tony Gambone and his guest Samantha Elandary & Mike Calderwood
Samantha Elandary is the Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Parkinson Voice Project, the only nonprofit organization solely dedicated to preserving the voices of those with Parkinson’s and related neurological disorders. She holds a Bachelors in Communication Disorders and English and a Masters in Speech-Language Pathology from the University of North Texas. Since 1999, Mrs. Elandary has worked exclusively with Parkinson's patients and has devoted her career to making voice treatment accessible to any patient experiencing speech difficulties, regardless of a patient's ability to pay for treatment. She also created "The LOUD Crowd®,” a maintenance program for Parkinson patients consisting of weekly speech groups, singing groups, and other engaging activities that help people with Parkinson’s keep their voices strong and clear. Parkinson Voice Project’s services are provided at no charge to their patients.
Founded by Michael Calderwood, Thrive Business Center is an organization created to educate and support small business owners who are burned out, spinning their wheels and don't know what to do next. Michael brings nearly two decades of practical experience to the table, to help them fix what is not working in their business and create sustainable, profitable and thriving enterprises. Before founding Thrive Business Center, Michael was a serial entrepreneur for nearly twenty years. During that time he built dozens of businesses in many different industries, from home inspections to health and wellness to children’s entertainment. Some of these ventures were extremely successful, some less so, but building these businesses from scratch taught him exactly what it takes to make a small business thrive.
Rez and Andy hit the road to chase down gourmet food trucks and their owners. They'll be talking to customers and chefs and taking your calls LIVE.
Do you have a favorite food truck or food truck experience? Call in and talk.
Food Truck Palooza!! July 20th
Spokane Food Truck List by location, day and cuisine.
KXLY Newsclip about the recent health inspections.
Big Pappas Jamaican Jerk Pan King of Tacos Couple of Chefs Shameless Sausages Big Reds Veraci Pizza Tacos Tumbras
For a FREE Audio book and trial from Audible click here Book Recommendation: From Scratch: Inside the Food Network
Join Host Live Chats
- Phoenix3333 (45 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (39 chatters)
- The Portal (22 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (17 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (16 chatters)
- 63289 (16 chatters)
- FFToolbox (13 chatters)
- HOV Radio (11 chatters)
- thelordshour (11 chatters)
- TruthRadioNetwork (10 chatters)
- WQ4D Radio (9 chatters)
- Pit Bulletin Legal News (9 chatters)
- SHRAonair (7 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (7 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (7 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (6 chatters)
- Patriot Family (6 chatters)
- Lets Talk Jets with Dennis Tyson (5 chatters)
- Sports Card Live (5 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (5 chatters)
- The Yehudah Project (5 chatters)
- Twin Radio (4 chatters)
- WHATS GOING ON by the UAC (4 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (4 chatters)
- Cubanarama (4 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (4 chatters)
- SAGE Radio (4 chatters)
- Moving Train Radio (4 chatters)
- Krista Dickan (3 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (3 chatters)
- The Biblical Hebrew (3 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Radio (3 chatters)
- Jay King Network (3 chatters)
- LibertyRules (3 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Coach Khayr (2 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (2 chatters)
- SportsTalkLine (2 chatters)
- The Road Less Traveled (2 chatters)
- The Real Time Radio Network (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (2 chatters)
- Souls Eye View Too (2 chatters)
- SpeakingXOut (2 chatters)
- Random Brain Activity (2 chatters)
- Matt and Phil Show (2 chatters)
- onlinewithandrea (2 chatters)
- PASOS (2 chatters)
- Tinabrandon (2 chatters)
- TheInfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (1 chatters)
- wayneG (1 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (1 chatters)
- Woman2WomanTalkingToMen (1 chatters)
- Pastor Andrew Bills (1 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (1 chatters)
- MBN (1 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (1 chatters)
- RotoRadio (1 chatters)
- Real Talk With Robert Simmons (1 chatters)
- Sales Coaching Chalk Talk (1 chatters)
- Salvation In Jesus Ministry (1 chatters)
- The RetroUnlim Network (1 chatters)
- Takeover Tuesday (1 chatters)
- The Candy Coated Network (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (1 chatters)
- Bill Murray (1 chatters)
- 3 Degrees Talk Show (1 chatters)
- Art Bulla (1 chatters)
- Common Ground Media Group OK (1 chatters)
- bridge to Humanity (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Cowboy Wisdom Radio (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- FuRbAbY AnD FrIeNdS (1 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (1 chatters)
- Disasterpiece Theater (1 chatters)
- Divine Goddess Radio (1 chatters)
- DONNELL BALLARD MORNING SHOW (1 chatters)
- Life Coach Chat Channel (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- ElijahFireRadio (0 chatters)
- Bishop Maurice L Irvin (0 chatters)
- American Statesman (0 chatters)