SORT BY Relevancy
Today's show will present information about the Coalition for Immokalee Workers, the corporatocracy, the food industry, indigenous peoples and a political action ascheduled for Stop & Shop headquarters on thursday April 12th, 2012. I had the great honor to meet Wilson Perez, an organizer and farmworker in the CIW at the recent Decolonize to Liberate Working Group meeting along with his translator and fellow activist, Elena. Though time and the delegation's schedule did not allow for a direct interview of Wilson Perez, today's episode of "Ancestral Continuum" will share information about the CIW and the political ans social struggle of farmworkers from Guatemala, Mexico and Haiti. In addition to this report, we will discuss the connection to indigeny and how the Ancestors hold us responsible to supporting these indigenous people upon whom we depend so much for our sustenance and lifestyle.
Related to our earlier discussions of colonialism and decolonization, the conditions of these farmworkers are brought into perspective as we consider the sytems and historical realities that created these conditions that the modern world is complicit with and must reconcile if we are to redeem ourselves spiritually, energetically under the watchful eye of the Ancestors who want better for ALL of us,
Join Lisa Smith & Nancy Reid – publishers of BigBlendMagazines.com & Spirit of America Magazine, for Big Blend Radio’s CHAMPAGNE SUNDAYS variety show, airing live from the historic Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma, AZ.
- Chris Attwood – NY Times bestselling author discusses his new book “Your Hidden Riches - Unleashing the Power of Ritual to Create a Life of Meaning and Purpose”
- Diana Madaras – Award-winning Tucson artist discusses her new coffee table memoir ‘PRIVATE SPACES’
- Linda Morgan – Executive Director of the Yuma Visitors Bureau, in Yuma Arizona
- Debbie Mansheim – Bard Date Company & Basket Creations in Yuma, Arizona
- Heidi Diestel - Diestel Turkey Ranch in Sonora, CA
- Cassie – Indigeny Reserve in Sonora, CA
This show will continue the discourse on decolonization and some of the elements that must be engaged socially, politically and spiritually to understand and activate decolonization of the mind and in our current social dynamics.
Ancestral Continuum will not be accepting live call-ins, but we welcome you to respond here on the show page, on the Indigeny and Energetics blog, on facebook and twitter. Thanks SO much for listening in...and please do share your thoughts.
Barka. Asante. Jerejef. Thank you.
Join Nancy Reid & Lisa Smith - publishers of BigBlendMagazines.com, for Big Blend Radio's special Fall show focusing on Seasonal Food & Cooking, Cider, Kitchen Gardens, and Fireplaces!
- Bruce Tepper - Tuolumne County Visitor Bureau
- Kathleen Wolf - Indigeny Reserve in Tuolumne County
- Chef Jeremy Manley - Jeremy's on the Hill California Style Bistro
- Michael Hinkle 'The Pie King'
- Lisa Grey - Author of the Pink Kitchen Cookbook series
- Don Rosenberg - Author 'No Green Thumb Required! Organic Family Gardening Made Easy’
- Corena Lea Kessel - Interior Designer, Design Wise in San Diego
Ancestral Continuum - Decolonization
Inspired by a document created by Zigzag and Keyway Long Hot Summer '99, this episode will engage the elements of colonization and decolonization, terms and concepts shunned by popular media and academia, though they are the larger context of the struggles for indigenous, national and women's liberation, for environmental justice and grounded, spiritual redemption.
The Decolonize to Liberate working group of Occupy Boston and the general call to decolonize with also be engaged.
This show will not be taking live calls, but all listeners are invited to engage this fundamenta, radical and inevitable call to decolonize with Ukumbwa on facebook, twitter and on his blogs, but also in our schools at all levels, in our spiritual communities, neighborhoods, cafes, community centers and our homes.
Feet on the ground.
Feet On The Ground will engage the primary relationship humans have had with land, with culture and their identity and how indigenous wisdom and Ancestral traditions can ground us powerfully at a time when modernity pulls us away from earth consciousness and, therefore, our understanding of ourselves and our reason for being here. Questions, thoughts and other outside perspectives are invited to strengthen and deepen the discourse.
Please leave questions or ideas here, on facebook, twitter or at email@example.com. Thank you and we hope to hear from you at Ancestral Continuum.
We will be continuing our discussion about the necessity to embrace our traditional relathionships with our Ancestors. We'll listen to the rest of the interview with Laura Patsouris, Ancestor worker and author of "Weaving Memory: A Guide to Honoring the Ancestors" (Asphodel Press) and sharing perspectives on the upcoming year of Vun, 2012, a fire year in the Dagara cosmology from west Africa.
Please feel free to send questions before the show concerning working with the Ancestors.
Today's show seeks to define some of the important issues concerning indigeny, modern culture, the Ancestors, nature, spirituality, politics and how to move with integrity in the present and into the future. Modern society, scientific myopia and capitalist economic and cultural practice have proven to be largely negative trends in human deveiopment. Indigenous Ancestral traditions are key practices to move humanity with integrity and grounded intelligence into our uncertain future.
Join Host Live Chats
- Lets Ask the Angels (6 chatters)
- Ascension Magic (5 chatters)
- Psychic Choice Radio (4 chatters)
- Talking Smooth Jazz (3 chatters)
- PSH Radio Show (3 chatters)
- ADR CoXHost (3 chatters)
- Our Own Voices Live (2 chatters)
- Type1RadioAshram (2 chatters)
- WMMA Jam Live (2 chatters)
- YHWH The TRUE NAME (1 chatters)
- Absolute Bible Truth (1 chatters)
- tlbethel (1 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (1 chatters)
- American Faith Today (1 chatters)
- Callywood (1 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (1 chatters)
- GRAYMAN (1 chatters)