SORT BY Relevancy
Where did Igbo people come from? What is the relation between them and the Yoruba, Edo, Ibibio and their other neighbors? Did they ever live in the Sahara? What about their connection to the Nile Valley? Or Congo? All these questions will be answered on more on part 2 of the "Origin of Igbo People" series.
Where did Igbo people come from? Did they really come from Israel? How about Egypt? Have they been in Igboland all along? Or did they migrate from somewhere else on the continent? All these questions will be answered on more on part 1 of the "Origin of Igbo People" series.
Did you know that there is significant Igbo ancestry in Black America, so much so that at least 60% of Black Americans have at least 1 Igbo ancestor? Or that there is a significant Igbo presence in places like Haiti, Jamaica, Bahamas, and the Americas? Find out more about the legacy of Igbo people in the African Diaspora as we have a conversation with Dr. Douglas B. Chambers, author of "Murder at Montpelier: Igbo Africans in Virginia."
Chime In on the indictment of World Igbo Congress’ Chairman. All Igbos in Nigeria and in the diaspora - Have your say. We are listening.
Do Chime In brings you scintillating topics covering socioeconomic and sociopolitical issues central to Africa.
Each week a team of varying panelists join us on the show to share their views on the selected topic. We encourage listeners from around the world to share their views during the show by:
· Calling our designated phone line: +1(347) 637-3670
· Posting to our website: www.DoChimeIn.com
· Skype: DoChimeIn
Follow us on Twitter: DoChimeIn
· Like us on Facebook: Do Chime In
Email us: Info@DoChimeIn.com
ReShonda Tate Billingsley is taking her craft to the next level. Her latest book, Mama's Boy, a ripped from the headlines story about a young man who films the arrest of his friends. That situation quickly escalates and when the dust settles, a police officer is dead and the young man is on the run. Oh, did I mention the officer is white and he's black...oh, and they're in Jasper, Texas, a town already rife with racial tension. As a mother, what do you do? And good news on the movie front! Let the Church Say Amen, the movie (directed by actress Regina King, produced by Queen Latifah's Flavor Unit, Royal Ties Productions and Bobbcat Films) is coming to BET August 29, 2015
Brenda L. Thomas is the author of several books including Threesome and the deeply moving memoir of her 15-year struggle with domestic violence and drug addiction, Laying Down My Burdens. A sought-after and compelling speaker, she's appeared on such shows as CNN, ESPN, Dateline and Entertainment Tonight. A native of Philadelphia, Brenda is currently serving as Executive Producer of the movie adaptation of Laying Down My Burdens.
Catherine Onyemelukwe graduated from Mount Holyoke in 1962, and began her career as a Peace Corps volunteer in Nigeria, where she met her Igbo husband and raised three children. Her teaching career was interrupted by the Biafran War when she lived in her husband's village. After the war she co-founded Nigerwives, an organization for foreign wives of Nigerians, ran her own fashion company in Lagos, returned to the U.S. to earn her MBA at Yale, and became a professional fundraiser. Her memoir of her twenty four years in Nigeria has been published by Peace Corps Writers. She blogs at catherineonyemelukwe.com. She is an advocate for racial justice, serves on the board of the U.S. National Committee for UNWomen.
Join Host Live Chats
- BpEarthWatch (126 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (18 chatters)
- NatureofReality (16 chatters)
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (14 chatters)
- LindaCrystal (10 chatters)
- Dr Ritamarie (6 chatters)
- BeverlyD (6 chatters)
- Joseph Gibson (5 chatters)
- KimberlyMcGeorge (4 chatters)
- Mikeisha (4 chatters)
- PwtorchEastCoastCast (4 chatters)
- Ron March Show (3 chatters)
- Mystical Awakenings Radio (3 chatters)
- Firefall Talk Radio (3 chatters)
- Frat House Sports (3 chatters)
- TalkNAngels (3 chatters)
- Way It Is (2 chatters)
- KNOTRadioTalk (2 chatters)
- EX3 Radio 2 (2 chatters)
- Patriot Family (2 chatters)
- soul connection0 (2 chatters)
- Revised Reality Radio (2 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- Spoken Ink (1 chatters)
- SANDRA WILSON SHOW (1 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (1 chatters)
- No-Tea with Chrita and Cryss (1 chatters)
- OneSister2Another (1 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (1 chatters)
- Comfy Crystal and Medium Eshne (1 chatters)
- Body of Christ (1 chatters)
- AgingYounger (1 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (1 chatters)
- Lardy Miss Clardy (1 chatters)
- JASmius (1 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (1 chatters)
- UNdergroundCHURCH (1 chatters)
- Health Media Now (0 chatters)
- AirAmarteifioRadio (0 chatters)