SORT BY Relevancy
With over 1000 potential new global top-level domains such as .baby, .google, and .hotel, there is a chance for huge amounts of cybersquatting and trademark abuse.
What is the ICANN trademark clearinghouse, and how will it help brands and companies small and large to protect their names online?
Join Howard Greenstein and David Mitnick as they discuss these issues and the latest in Internet and Domainlaw on Internet Law Talk.
Brought to you by DomainSkate.
What's going on with the world of global Top Level Domains?
As the process moves forward and we get ready for a world of new domains, what's the news from ICANN's Beijing meeting?
What are some of the objections to domains that have been filed?
Catch up wtih all the news this Monday 4/15/13 at 1pm Eastern, 10am PST.
Brought to you by DomainSkate.com
The GOP's Trumpward shift puts the entire party at risk; The TSA spent $160 million on airport scanners that can't detect weapons; Planned Parenthood goes on the offensive in Florida; Obama sends a tank and a cannon to Bulgaria; The Kentucky Anti-Sodomarrage Rebellion wins a (temporary) stay; Drill, Shell, drill in...the Arctic?; The Obamanet remains American....for now; House GOP cedes Planned Parenthood investigation to Obama DOJ; Hillary Clinton tells #BlackLivesMatter to bleep off; Platte River Networks was awfully well-connected for a "Mom & Pop shop"; and Obama is earning (impotent) contempt at home and abroad.
The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) says it will drastically expand the number of domain name suffixes from the current 22 with the addition of generic top-level domains (gTLDs). While this sounds like a great oppportunity for midmarket companies, caution is advised before spending big bucks on a vanity domain.
Join Senior Editor Michael Singer in a Live Chat on Tuesday, June 21 at 1 p.m. Eastern to discuss the pros and cons of gTLDs.
On August 9th, 2014, 18-year-old, Michael Brown was shot to death by Ferguson police officer, Darren Wilson. To date, Darren Wilson has not been arrested and charged. To date, the citizens of Ferguson have no protection. Many are wondering how to move forward. This is ONE option. According to Missouri statutes §77.650 and 78.260, Ferguson residents have grounds to force a recall election of city officials, whom in turn can affect the police force.
NAME.SPACE endeavored to bring its TLDs to market by means of an antitrust case against Network Solutions 1997-2000, and after the formation of ICANN in 1998 through application in 2000 where it was considered in the top 10 "strong candidates" (of 44 applicants) but delegation was deferred in favor of industry incumbents. Garrin's project exists today as a social enterprise corporation and continues to seek recognition of its domains.
Another ObamaCare deadline bites the dust; Bruce Braley is a dick; Liberals don't have to live up to their own rules, because (1) they don't have any, and (2) even if they did, they wouldn't care how much they had to violate them to get what they want; A majority of Justices seem skeptical of the ObamaCare contraception mandate - with an emphasis on "seem"; Obama Motors is the crookedest corporation of all; and "Yes!...We!...ICANN!"? No, we can't.
On November 12th, ICANN published the Proposed Final New gTLD Applicant Guidebook that describes the process of applying for new generic top-level domains, which opens the door to the availability of financial generic top-level domains (think .bank or .insure).
BITS, a division of the Financial Services Roundtable, has opposed this move to make gTLDs available to the financial services industry due to concerns about security and the application process.
Today, we are speaking with Leigh Williams, Group President of BITS about this development and what BITS is doing to support the financial services industry.
This is the Second Coming Watch Sunday Roundup for March 16, 2014. On the Roundup we feature the top 10 prophecy-related news stories that happened this past week which point towards the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ and the end of the world as we know it.
1. Russia’s military staged a provocative new act of aggression Saturday, occupying a natural gas distribution center and village on a strip of Ukrainian land near the Crimean Peninsula and prompting Kiev’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs to denounce “a military invasion by Russia.”
2. Iran’s foreign minister says his country doesn’t expect to cement a final deal in the coming round of nuclear talks with world powers. Mohammad Zarif spoke to reporters on Sunday saying, “We don’t expect to reach a deal in this round of talks... We have agreed to discuss a number of issues in this round." Zarif said Tehran and world powers will discuss “dimensions” of Iran’s nuclear activities like uranium enrichment, a heavy water reactor as well as sanctions in the Tuesday and Wednesday talks in Vienna.
3. Lebanon’s new government agreed to a compromise policy statement on Friday that fell short of explicitly enshrining the militant group Hezbollah’s role in confronting Israel but which would give all citizens the right to resist Israeli occupation or attacks. The deal was reached a few hours after Israel’s army said it fired tank rounds and artillery into southern Lebanon in retaliation for a bomb that targeted its soldiers patrolling the border.
We discuss all the tech news from the past week, select the Geek Pick Of The Week, elaborate on the “Big Tech Question/Topic Of The Week” and share your "help!" questions and input - 12:30 - 1:30 PM EDT.
This Week: IOS 7.1 finally arrives - Ibeacon, Apple TV 6.1, The Internet turns 25, Republic Wireless - Smartphone bargain for some, Windows 8.1 Update 1, Amazon Prime price increase, US drops control of ICANN, Windows XP after April 8, 2014.
Question/Topic of the Week - How to “Cut the Cord” and dump those Cable/Satellite monthly TV bills.
Check out our Blog and Video Netcasts at: prestwickcomputer.com
Your brand is your promise. You need to protect that promise at every turn. Join Anthony for the four part series on online brand protection. He is joined by David Howell, Director of Brand Protection, for Channel IQ as they discuss the important components of any online brand protection strategy.
In this episode, Anthony and David discuss Domain Name Monitoring, the value of the gTLD, filing UDRPs, understanding ICANN, domain name squatting, cybersquatting and typosquatting, and what companies can do to monitor, investigate, and enforce their brand rights online.
Join us for this, the first in our four part series on online brand protection. Our next episode on Counterfeit and Gray Market will be available on November 6th.
If you have more questions, visit our website Channel IQ, and then Join David Howell for our next Channel IQ Brand Protection Webinar on November 20, 2013 when we discuss how to find sellers on marketplaces.
Sign Up for the webinar now: HERE.
This show is about domain names. What is going on in the world of domain names and the new Gtld's (generic top level domains). Do you need to run out and grab a bunch of new domain name extensions?
Do you need to buy .tv domain names?
What are the trademark and brand implications of the proliferation and expansion of the ICANN domain name system?
Will these lead to further cybersquatting and domain name infringement or will this be yet another creative expolision of opportunity for domain brokers and other internet entreprenuers.
Internet lawyer atttorney steve (who wrote the due diligence guide to buying domain names) weighs in on this important business topic that every business needs to be thinking about and planning for.
Join Host Live Chats
- High Frequency Radio Network (19 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (14 chatters)
- churchfolk (11 chatters)
- MIA-Expert Psychic (6 chatters)
- Spirit Medium Laura (5 chatters)
- Jay King Network (5 chatters)
- The Brian Craig Show (4 chatters)
- thedean (4 chatters)
- TheGodSquad (4 chatters)
- THOR MINISTRY RADIO NETWORK (2 chatters)
- Prophet Laron Matthews (2 chatters)
- Maya Akai Presents (2 chatters)
- Earth Angels Radio (2 chatters)
- Talk Box Radio (1 chatters)
- Tammy Jones Gibbs (1 chatters)
- nXphase Records (1 chatters)
- The Halli Casser Jayne Show (1 chatters)