SORT BY Relevancy
Your Host BadGirl PollyAnna LA Times: ‘California prison officials say 30,000 inmates refuse meals’ HUNGER STRIKE BY CALIFORNIA INMATES Once the state tallies the official number of participants, the hunger strike could become the largest in state history. A similar hunger strike over several weeks in 2011 had about 6,000 participants at its official peak, corrections officials said, and a strike that fall had about 4,200.
CALL IN: (646) 716-6137 LET'S TALK!
A mother,Cindi Fisher, has been denied access to her son by hospital officials. Cindi Fisher has fought for years for her son, who has experienced forced psychiatric drugging and other human rights violations in the State of Washington. On Monday January 28, 2013 Cindi Fisher had decided to go on a hunger strike in civil protest of her son's treatment, and denial of face-to-face communication with her son. Western State Hospital has caused a forced separation and is preventing her from seeing her son. On Day 13 of her hunger strike, Cindi Fisher reports that she has lost weight from a beginning weight of 175 pounds down to 164 1/2 pounds. Cindi Fisher concluded her hunger strike on 2/6/13 when she reached 158 pounds and began to eat again. She, however, reports that her resolve, to continue to demonstrate for justice for her son, is unwavering.
In response to her frustration to have officials acknowledge the harm the system was doing to her son, Cindi Fisher started a non-profit organization called Movement Of Mothers Standing-up-together or MOMS. MOMS advocates for trauma informed, psycho-social care with no or low dose psychiatric medications, in a non-coercive setting. She has held protest fasts before on her son's behalf. These MOMS have fasted over 100 days in one year and walked a 100 miles to have their voices and concerns amplified. Cindi Fisher has a website dedicated to her son's case. http://www.mentalhealthrightsyes.org/
Hosts Sue Caumont and Jeff Beller welcome Elliot Adams a veteran, former Mayor, and former President of Veterans for Peace who has been on a hunger strike for nearly two months in protest to the US governments operation of Guantanamo Bay were the US says it is holding "enemy combatants". Elliot has taken to internet radio to get his message out since the mainstream media has neglected to cover the strike. Elliot explains why he feels they wont touch it.
Listen live Fridays at 8:00 PM ET only on Going Beyond Radio.
This from Mr. Adams:
Guantanamo is wrong morally and by all religions, by international law and by US law. It violates the Magna Carta, Common Law (the basis of our law), the United Nations Charter, the Nuremberg Principles, the Convention Against Torture, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights. It also is an affront to what our founding fathers set out in the US Constitution and the Declaration of Independence, the dream and image of America as a place of justice, the things I grew up being told the US flag stood for, and even national security. How have we gotten to this low point?
Listen to one patient describe how poor conditions & poor treatment at Coalinga State Hospital led to his desperate act - a hunger strike. Also, we'll have an update on the condition of patient Joseph Gentile following the serious incident on December 9th where staff/officers injured him seriously. The incident causing him an alleged skull fracture that left him bloody and unconscious on the floor. Gentile was sent to a local hospital where CSH News was told he was unconscious/comatose for more than a week, lifeless in a bed on the Intensive Care wing. We're told he will be returning to CSH soon.
Then, learn more about involuntary civil commitment on tonight's show with a pipular feature: CSH 101.
Discussion on the Idol No More Movement In Canada that is now going Interntional
As well as Attawapiskat Indien Chief Theresa Spence is on her 7th day of hunger strike. Is Mr Harper and the Governor General willing to allow people to die?
I will also be reading the support for Chief Spence from others.
Look at my notes for links to many sites of this revolution movement. The Question remains is Stephen Harper and the Govenor General willing to have people die.
Tonight on Political Gravity, your host Jane Hoffman has a couple of hot topics to discuss.
1) A mother of two, Sherry West, who lost both her children to gun violence over the last eighteen years, is in peril. Her thirteen month old son was shot in a stroller ride by two teens, just because she didn't have money to give them. That baby has now died. Jane will discuss the ridiculous gun violence in our country and how it seems to be getting worse. But is it really about guns?
2) Jane will be discussing the Guantanamo hunger fast which has been conducted by prisoners for over sixty-two days.
All this plus NPR news, weather.com 3-day outlook, music, and your phone calls at 1.347.989.1942.
An Italian couple has gone on a hunger strike to protest the use of all neonicotinoids as they have watched their own bees perish. They are hoping for the Italian government as well as all governments will ban the use of these devastating pesticides.
"... In 2004 we were no longer able to survive the winter as our bee colonies died; we were at the point of being forced to buy about sixty new colonies, in order to face the coming bee-season of 2005, just to replenish the hives. But in each successive year we found ourselves in an even worse situation: in the period from July to August the collapse of our bee colonies was catastrophic, as high as 80%. We attended many meetings to try and find some new strategy, some ancient strain of bees more resistant to varroa, but nothing worked. "
In this segment of The Organic View Radio Show, host, June Stoyer will speak to beekeeping activist, Renato Bologna about his protest. Stay tuned!
In recent months, Palestinians imprisoned by Israel have begun a series of hunger strikes to protest the conditions under which they are being held, including Israel's use of administrative detention to detain people without charge for months or even years.
Two of the hunger strikers, Bilal Diab and Thaer Halahleh, are now on the brink of death, having gone without food for 74 days. Earlier this week, the International Committee of the Red Cross and the United Nations joined the chorus of human rights organizations and prisoners' rights groups calling on Israel to either charge the detainees or release them.
Please join us as we discuss these and other related issues with Sahar Francis, director of Addameer, the Palestinian Prisoner Support and Human Rights Association, and Ruchama Marton, founder of Physicians for Human Rights-Israel.
Independent journalist John Knefel, explained the hunger strikes at Gunatanmo Bay, the different status types of prisoners held at Gitmo, why eighty six Guantanamo Bay inmates have been cleared of all charges are still being held, the Obama Administration’s shameful … Continue reading →
Today Laura Theodore, the Jazzy Vegetarian welcomes Dr. Richard Oppenlander author of Food Choice and Sustainability and Comfortably Unaware: Global Depletion and Food Choice Responsibility. We’ll discuss responsible food choices and how these choices impact our environment! Dr. Richard Oppenlander is a sustainability consultant, researcher, and author whose award winning book, Comfortably Unaware has been endorsed by Ellen DeGeneres, Dr. Jane Goodall, and Dr. Neal Barnard. Dr. Oppenlander's newest book titled, Food Choice and Sustainability: Why Buying Local, Eating Less Meat, and Taking Baby Steps Won’t Work, has won the 2014 International Book Award and the 2014 Green Book Festival Award. Dr. Oppenlander is a lecturer on food choice and how it relates to sustainability and served as the lead consultant for two new full-length environmental documentary films. He also serves as an advisor to world hunger projects in developing countries and with municipalities in the U.S. Dr. Oppenlander has spent the past 40 years studying the effects food choices have on our planet and on us. He started an organic plant based food company, operates an animal rescue sanctuary (with his wife Jill), and is the founder of the non-profit organization, Inspire Awareness Now.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (42 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (36 chatters)
- thelordshour (30 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (28 chatters)
- Namaste Farms (26 chatters)
- MN.B.R.T. (21 chatters)
- Curious Times (17 chatters)
- in5d (16 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (14 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (13 chatters)
- The One People Oneness Radio (12 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (12 chatters)
- Winging It In Motown (11 chatters)
- Alan Roger Currie (11 chatters)
- reactionariez (11 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (9 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (8 chatters)
- Michael Fairman (8 chatters)
- Higher Truth Radio (8 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (7 chatters)
- Shifting Times Radio (7 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (7 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (6 chatters)
- churchfolk (5 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (5 chatters)
- Healing Light Radio (5 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (5 chatters)
- Restoring Your Reality (4 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio Mass Media (4 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (4 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (4 chatters)
- BerniceBennett (4 chatters)
- Bigbagstudios (4 chatters)
- 4 Shits n Giggles (4 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (4 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (4 chatters)
- The View from Montana (4 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (3 chatters)
- The Oracle Speaks (3 chatters)
- The Portal (3 chatters)
- AtaensicNetworkStation (3 chatters)
- Cross Talk Radio brother Lawrence (3 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (3 chatters)
- Station IWDM (3 chatters)
- SURN Host (3 chatters)
- Rifleman (2 chatters)
- Raw Sex (2 chatters)
- Quagmire America (2 chatters)
- Random Rants (2 chatters)
- Omega Man Channel 2 (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- Live with Shirley (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Body of Christ (2 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (2 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (2 chatters)
- The Crystal Show (2 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (2 chatters)
- The Smooth Jazz Ride (2 chatters)
- The War Room (2 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (2 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (2 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (1 chatters)
- WDC DA MOVEMENT (1 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (1 chatters)
- TWR Radio (1 chatters)
- Yizzor Talk (1 chatters)
- The Tailgate Show (1 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (1 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (1 chatters)
- Terrachat Net (1 chatters)
- The Russell Reed Show (1 chatters)
- The Seika Network (1 chatters)
- Aubrey Allen Smith (1 chatters)
- BBQSS Sports Network (1 chatters)
- Ask the Theologian (1 chatters)
- cathies DistantEchos (1 chatters)
- FFN On The Air (1 chatters)
- Frat House Sports (1 chatters)
- Gamer Girls Radio (1 chatters)
- Diary of A Psalmist (1 chatters)
- drkate (1 chatters)
- Drunken Radio (1 chatters)
- God In The Midst (1 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx (1 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (1 chatters)
- manofgod7 (1 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (1 chatters)
- KLJN 107 7 (1 chatters)
- Personality Speaking (1 chatters)
- NDB Media (1 chatters)
- Larcher and Lorensen (1 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (1 chatters)
- Pro MMA Now Radio (1 chatters)
- Pro Wrestling Torch (1 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (1 chatters)
- SirTemplar (1 chatters)
- Sportscolumndotcom (1 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (1 chatters)
- Sweet Psychic (1 chatters)
- LadiesTellAll (0 chatters)
- David Fournier (0 chatters)
- TRUE RADIO ENT (0 chatters)