SORT BY Relevancy
This episode is being rebroadcast from Michele’s original radio show, “Your Life After Trauma.” Coping with the flood of anger, managing your angry behavior and finding ways to defuse anger when you have an outburst are challenging but necessary actions. On this show, Michele Rosenthal interviewed anger expert Janet Pfeiffer about how to accomplish all those tasks, plus the three roots of anger you need to understand in order to reduce your angry responses. Michele Rosenthal is a popular keynote speaker, award-winning author and post-trauma coach. Her shows combine scientific research, cutting-edge guests and personal stories that highlight the challenges and successes of deliberately deciding to change the direction of your life. For more ideas about how to create change you choose, visit www.ChangeYouChoose.com.
We all struggle with negative emotions. Everyone feels anger, loss, hurt, pain, depression, etc.... Jossi will talk about anger and some of the other negative emotions and how to manage them well so they are helpful, not hurtful to our lives.
Want to avoid arguments? Learn to manage your anger.
Parenting has its joys but it also has its challenges. In this show, Dr Robyn Mills interviews Dr Rosina McAlpine to explore why and how parenting triggers:
Anger and even rage
And most importantly how you can understand why this happens so you can choose a different way … respond rather than react in a peaceful rather than an angry and judgmental home.
Sound good? Then join us for another great show full of tips and helpful advice for your family!
If you want to know more about how to help your children develop key life skills like good self-esteem and you’d like some sound positive parenting advice
Download my free parenting guide at www.DrRosina.com
And learn more about Dr Robyn Mills, artist, inspirational speaker and singer at http://www.drrobynmills.com/ beautiful art and more…
Want to feel inspired? Have a look at Dr Rosina’s ebook series where you can teach your child so many key life skills to help them manage their emotions, communicate effectively, plan and complete their homework, learn about eating well and exercise, manage set back and bounce back stronger with a positive attitude and so much more – and the skills can be learned in only take 15 minutes at a time! http://www.drrosina.com/life-skills-e-books/
Face the Truth... And Choose Your Pain if you want the great and mighty things God has for you, you must get to the root of anger and deal with it. Get rid of the masks and face the things that happened in your life that made you the way you are today. Admit that you can't change by yourself. Until the root is removed, it’ll continue to produce one bad fruit after another. Too often we spend our lives dealing with the bad fruit of our behavior, but we never dig deep enough to get to the root of the problem. Actually, when we're faced with anger, we must choose our pain. Digging deep to take care of the bad root is painful, but it’s the only lasting way to take care of the problem. We can either suffer positively, doing what’s right or we can go with the devil's plan. But remember, the same devil who tempts you to follow your human feelings will later condemn you for doing it. You must decide if you want the pain that will take you into a new realm of glory or to keep your same old pain and try to hide it while it's rotting inside you.
Is Anger Sin?
Is all anger sin? No, but some of it is. Even God Himself has righteous anger against sin, injustice, rebellion and pettiness. Anger sometimes serves a useful purpose, so it isn't necessarily always a sin. Obviously, we’re going to have adverse feelings, or God wouldn’t have needed to provide the fruit of self-control. Just being tempted to do something is not sin.
Take Steps Toward Freedom
People are born to be free; it’s a gift from God. We’re not to be free from responsibility, but free to be led by the Holy Spirit. Any time our freedom is taken away or given away, we experience anger.
in Self Help
Tune in for this conversation with Coach Rebecca Gordon. Rebecca will share every day strategies to help you effectively manage personal change.
Rebecca Gordon is the CEO of Satellite Life Coaching and Training. A lecturer, manager, mentor and trainer, Rebecca is also a Personal Performance Coach, certified with a distinction.
As a Team Leader in a corporate organization, Rebecca has led groups of adults to achieve successful outcomes at work. She has also supported educational development of others in her role as a lecturer and tutor.
Rebecca has facilitated training in several countries around the world.
Contact Rebecca at www.satellitelifecoaching.com or www.soundcloud.com/satellitelifecoaching
Visit Cloris’s Site: www.cloriskylie.com
Anger happens to the best of us! Your response to anger is based on trusting God and and meditating on His Word.
Proverbs 14:30, A tranquil heart gives life to the flesh,but envy makes the bones rot.
Proverbs 17:14, The beginning of strife is like letting out water,so quit before the quarrel breaks out.
Proverbs 19:11, Good sense makes one slow to anger,and it is his glory to overlook an offense.
It is an honor for a man to keep aloof from strife,but every fool will be quarreling.
Get to the Root of the Problem. Anger is the fruit of rotten roots. One of the primary roots of anger stems from the family. Angry people come from angry families because they learn from their role models and carry on the same behavior in their own lives, eventually passing it on to their children.
Injustice—when people mistreat us but there’s nothing we can do about it, we get angry because we feel it isn't fair. As much as we’d like to change the situation or the person who’s treating us badly, we can't. People can't change people; only God can change people. So it's best to put our energy into praying for the offender.
Impatience—often produces anger when we can't get what we want when we want it. When our progress is hindered or slowed down because of others, it’s easy to become impatient. Most of us struggle with impatience on a daily basis simply because of today's fast-paced world.
Abuse of any kind—sexual, physical, verbal, emotional or mental abuse almost always leads to anger. They’re all injustices, which eventually leave the abused feeling helpless and angry. Abuse of any kind can’t be ignored. We must deal with it and process it before we can get free of it.
Masks of Anger. Sometimes we use masks to cover up the things we don't want anybody to see. If we’re harboring anger, we think masking it keeps others from knowing the real us. So we hide behind a variety of masks in an attempt to trick people into thinking we're something or someone we're not. I’ve discovered that people respect you more if you share your real self with them rather than trying to hide everything.?
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (149 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (107 chatters)
- Annahilation (37 chatters)
- thelordshour (33 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (28 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (19 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (18 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (11 chatters)
- LauraDiPrete (10 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (9 chatters)
- Marijuana Compassion Common Sense (8 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (8 chatters)
- DA PUTER SHACK KARAOKE RADIO (8 chatters)
- AirWavesAmerica (7 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (7 chatters)
- Own Your Career (7 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (7 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (6 chatters)
- HOV Radio (6 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (6 chatters)
- Bill Murray (5 chatters)
- Butterfly Evolution (5 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (5 chatters)
- We Built That Network (5 chatters)
- SSRN (5 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (5 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (5 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (4 chatters)
- Xpoze Radio (4 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (4 chatters)
- George Ramirez (3 chatters)
- JUST US RADIO NETWORK (3 chatters)
- CLNSRadio (3 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (3 chatters)
- DiabetesSocMed (3 chatters)
- Yvette Porter Moore (3 chatters)
- RRS Radio (3 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (3 chatters)
- My Little Pony Talk (3 chatters)
- Michael A McFadden (2 chatters)
- redmaryland (2 chatters)
- Radio Enso (2 chatters)
- Random Brain Activity (2 chatters)
- Stilettos And Convos (2 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (2 chatters)
- WeTalkRadio (2 chatters)
- SpinSyndicate Radio (2 chatters)
- Time For A Awakening (2 chatters)
- Elder Coylette (2 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (2 chatters)
- Life and Party Times (2 chatters)
- FoReRadio (2 chatters)
- Freedom Doors Ministries (2 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (2 chatters)
- Harvest Time Alert (1 chatters)
- manofgod7 (1 chatters)
- Hussle Made Muzik (1 chatters)
- Indy Showcase0 (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- EYICHRIST (1 chatters)
- Fire Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- The Coffee Club (1 chatters)
- The GreenHouse FX (1 chatters)
- The Lotus Place (1 chatters)
- Survival Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Soulistic0 (1 chatters)
- Really Doe Radio (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- MKSPCG (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Prophet Laron Matthews (1 chatters)