SORT BY Relevancy
Many people in recovery struggle with both alcohol AND food disorders. This issue is so common you often hear food addiction referred to as a "sister" addiction to alcoholism.
We have had many requests for a show that addresses the particular challenges for people in recovery who struggle with both, so we are thrilled to welcome Alison Ross, LMFT to our show!
Alison is a licensed psychotherapist and the Founder of Center for Eating Recovery where she helps women and men of all ages heal their relationship with food and become body-confident. In addition to her work at the Center, she is a consultant for Harmony Place a drug and alcohol treatment center, and formerly Beit T’Shuvah, where she helps to create an environment in which women can heal their relationship with food and body while adjusting to sobriety.
On the show, Alison and Carissa, an Eating Coach at the Center, discuss three cultural narratives that keep us stuck in food addiction and body image distress and how to break free and get healthy from the inside-out.
This is a remake. The first version had technical problems. Today your host Bob Kirkconnell, author of America Heart of Darkness, will explore AIDS, how it developed and who gets it. The cover story is that a monkey in Africa bit someone and HIV jumped species; and then a gay, promiscuous flight steward from France picked it up somehow and transported it to the Americas. Please, give me a break!
But what is the real story?
Is the purported virus that jumped species even the same virus?
Monkeys and humans have been in close proximity for hundreds of thousands of years. Why did this happen now?
1950 Dr. Lawrence Layton, at the US Army’s Chemical and Biological Warfare Division, began research into promising viral weapons.
Let’s take a look back at the 60”s: most major cities are ablaze, race riots, Vietnam, Martin Luther King, Malcolm X, the Black Panthers…what was the CIA’s response?
Jim Jones and Josep Mengele.
1970 Dr MacMahan precisely predicted the HIV virus and the AIDS epidemic.
1970’s witnessed a war between Congress and the CIA. The subject was viral weapons – Senator Sam Ervin and Senator Frank Church.
Nazi connections to Ft Detrick and the People’s Temple.
AIDS in Guyana and Uganda.
CIA placed hundreds of articles stating that evidence of AIDS prior to 1978.
Today there are hundreds of millions of people, mostly of African descent, infected with HIV. The death toll could run in the billions by the end of this century. Is the second holocaust already underway?
People across the world mourn the passengers of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17, but HIV/AIDS Activists are particularly heart-broken at the loss of some of the world's leading researchers in the fight against the disease who were on that flight, enroute to the World AIDS Conference this week in Melbourne (AIDS 2014). In Hot Topics, Nicholas Snow honors the fallen, and in "The Interview", spotlights The Red Ribbon Army Facebook page with over 500,000 members.
In each episode of Nicholas Snow Live, Producer/Host Nicholas Snow focuses on "Connecting the Circuitry of Humanity." The presenting sponsor for this episode is Intervention 911, part of Ken Seeley Communities (Nicholas Snow Productions LLC is honored to also produce the podcast, Intervention 911 with Ken Seeley, available at this link.)
Twitter | Facebook Page | YouTube Channel | Instagram | Books | Official Website
MARTY MANN AND THE EARLY WOMEN OF AA
A tremendous change has taken place over the past few generations in the way alcoholics are viewed in our society. Although it is undeniable that some level of unawareness and misunderstanding remains, substantial improvements have been effected since the 1930s. We have cause to be grateful.
The once virtually universal stigma that besieged alcoholic men was exponentially greater for women. “Nice women” didn’t drink to excess. This made it extremely difficult to admit to a drinking problem in the first place. As our pioneers battled not only for their own sobriety, but for some level of “respectability,” their reluctance to associate themselves with “beggars, tramps, asylum inmates, prisoners, queers (sic), plain crackpots, and fallen women,” (12 & 12, p. 140), can be looked on with some degree of sympathy.
- See more at: http://rumradio.org/featured/fallen-woman-rise-up-and-become-angels-with-dirty-faces/#sthash.tXCWrk1C.dpuf
Since July generally hosts LBGTQ Pride events through the country, The Final Word Podcast has been addressing pivotal issues and moments throughout our shared history. Be sure to tune into our previous episodes in this series: The Stonewall Riots REMEMBERED, LGBT People of Faith and next week's podcast on the HIV/AIDS Crisis in America 2014.
Coming out can be a painful process for many in our community as we share our truth with our co-workers, peers, friends and families. While difficult for some, many experience an acknowledgement from their community and are embraced. Tonight, in the face of the rising numbers of LGBTQ youth who attempt and commit suicide, we will be sharing our coming out stories and hope that you join us for the lastest in our LGBTQ series.
If you would like to call in and listen call into 347-826-7899 to appear in the queue for the show.
Follow us on Twitter: @TheFinalWordPod
Follow us on Blogtalkradio.com: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/thefinalwordpodcast
Join the conversation on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/thefinalwordpodcast
The Final Word Podcast is now available for download on iTunes!!!
The AIDS community is grieving the loss of at least 100 researchers and activists who were believed to have been aboard Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 en route to the 20th International AIDS Conference in Melbourne, Australia.
The International AIDS Society, which organizes the conference, reports that a number of delegates were among the victims of the tragedy, but it has not yet released their names.
The group was believed to have included several prominent AIDS researchers, including Joep LANGE, 60 a world-renowned Dutch clinical researcher and former president of the society.
Do you think the plane was deliberately targeted to be taken down?
Call into the studio with your questions and/or comments: 347-945-7433.
in Self Help
Learn how ADDICTION = PAIN, regardless of the substance or behavior involved. What assisted A.D. in his healing process was what he refers to as 4-STEPS, as he says: God gave me the 4-Steps to break my addictive cycle. Step 1: Re/establish a relationship with God. Step 2: Abstain from Sex. Step 3: Change Your Environment (Walk away from your triggers). Step 4: Establish a Support Network
SEX is not equal to LOVE: At the end of the day we all are seeking love. While sex is the most physically intimate experiences two people can share, it does not equal love.
Social Media is spreading Sex Addiction and HIV: With Facebook, apps such as Jack'd and Grindr and websites where anonymous sex is so easily accessible and promoted, sex addiction and HIV are on the rise and no one is talking about the role social media plays in this growing epidemic.
A.D. Burks is a native Texan and true Renaissance man. After earning a degree in Chemistry from Grinnell College, he pursued a music career while teaching in the Atlanta, Nashville and Houston public school systems. A.D. has a Master’s in Business Administration from Rice University, and works for Chevron oil as a corporate real estate developer. With Sex & Surrender, A.D. returns to his first love, and what he considers his calling— creativity and spiritual growth. In this book, he shares life lessons and experiences he has learned along the way. A.D. has spoken regionally on the connection between HIV and sex addiction. www.sexsurrender.com
The world was introduced to this erotic poet thru HBO's "Real Sex" series; a racy, informative show about all things sexual, erotic, romantic, freaky. It was thru this show that I learned more about erotic poetry and that it is a most romantic tool for intimate communication between lovers.
Jessica Holter began her journey into the world of erotic Spoken Word art in 1995 as the Founder and Organizer of the infamous Punany Poets. Made up of a beautiful, ever changing array of tall, short, thin, thick, fair, and extra mocha cast, The Punany Poets take you on a journey that is funny, sexy, informative, romantic, and naughty. It is a total Mindgasm of Sight, Touch, Sound, Words, Dance, Art, and Erotica.
But Jessica is far more than just an "erotic poet". She is quite prolific in Spoken Word and is both an Author and Activist. With her art stemming from a history of sexual abuse, Jessica has turned her pain into one of the most alluring yet informative sessions one can ever go to and learn about sex - and Safe Sex. As an advocate for this, she is supported by a host of organizations including the YWCA who attend her shows and hand out information about safe sex, answer questions, give prizes based on what you remember about the education of the show and more.
I am honored to sit down with this woman and hear her story: one that has now been the subject of dissertations on the collegiate level. But make no mistake, this is a GROWN, Black, No Sugar, No Cream Show.
And yes, we will have something cooking up!
Raleigh, NC – Life coaching is about helping people move forward in their lives, both personally and professionally, but for many of our military’s servicemen and women, the transition back to civilian life is often fraught with emotional challenges.
“Servicemen and women are taught so much structure because they have to obey orders,” explains Dr. Lena Klumper. “When they come home, from war especially, it’s more than a culture shock, it’s just shock."
Dr. Lena Klumper is the founder of Dr. Lena’s Life Coaching where she specializes in helping individuals be who they were meant to be by guiding them toward the path to a better life. Dr. Lena began her career with the Department of Defense working with military and their families. She then moved into behavioral health managed care, working with individuals suffering from severe and persistent mental illness. After 10 years she decided she wanted to see clients who were more goal-oriented.
“I’m a helper,” says Dr. Lena. “I missed that side of working with people who have had trauma or suffer from PTSD, but are at a point where they want to be healthier and move forward with their lives.”
According to Dr. Lena, there isn’t a lot of help out there for veterans. Though the military and government has encouraged soldiers to undergo therapy, there still exists a huge stigma. As a coach, Dr. Lena is not affiliated with the military or any insurance. There’s no medical record and it’s all completely confidential.
“If you feel you need help but you’re afraid to let anyone know, reach out to a life coach,” Dr. Lena. “Life coaching is for people who want to change their lives to improve it. We’re here to move forward and I’m here to guide you.”
A Round Table Discussion of Current Events
7:30PM to 9:30PM
Monday, July 14, 2014 The Smoking Glass Hour topic will be on Making a Difference. Come join in on the discussion on HIV AIDS with guest Alexis Mitchell.This will a be very informative show you might not want to miss out on the information to be shared.
Join Host Live Chats
- Phoenix3333 (97 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (66 chatters)
- Rundgren Radio (42 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (29 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (28 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (25 chatters)
- thelordshour (25 chatters)
- SasquatchWatch Radio (16 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (16 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (12 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (12 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (11 chatters)
- Pit Bulletin Legal News (10 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (10 chatters)
- Odwirafo (9 chatters)
- Dr DREAM and Laura Eisenhower (9 chatters)
- Jamaican Language Culture York (8 chatters)
- Random Brain Activity (8 chatters)
- Lets Talk Jets with Dennis Tyson (7 chatters)
- Life Conversations (7 chatters)
- Inspire Radio Network (7 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (6 chatters)
- CE Radio (6 chatters)
- Messages From Beyond (6 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (6 chatters)
- Pastor Andrew Bills (6 chatters)
- SpeakingXOut (6 chatters)
- Twin Radio (6 chatters)
- wayneG (6 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (5 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (5 chatters)
- Lorries Talk News Radio (5 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (5 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Radio (5 chatters)
- Jay King Network (5 chatters)
- gamechangersradio (4 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (4 chatters)
- Coach Khayr (4 chatters)
- Bill Murray (4 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (4 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (4 chatters)
- The Biblical Hebrew (4 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (4 chatters)
- The Psychic Surgeon (4 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (4 chatters)
- Tinabrandon (4 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (3 chatters)
- TheInfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (3 chatters)
- The Real Time Radio Network (3 chatters)
- RotoRadio (3 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (3 chatters)
- Common Ground Media Group OK (3 chatters)
- G220 Radio (3 chatters)
- Game Centric Radio (3 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (3 chatters)
- InThePaint (3 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- Inner Child Radio (2 chatters)
- Innovative Black Men (2 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (2 chatters)
- EncouragingMomentsWithKeva (2 chatters)
- Brighter Business Empower (2 chatters)
- Art Bulla (2 chatters)
- patriots united (2 chatters)
- MUTHA WIT WISDOM (2 chatters)
- FuRbAbY AnD FrIeNdS (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (2 chatters)
- The Drop Night Show (2 chatters)
- The Candy Coated Network (2 chatters)
- Winning America Back (2 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (2 chatters)
- The Road Less Traveled (2 chatters)
- Zaiyahs House (2 chatters)
- TruthWorks Network (1 chatters)
- Woman2WomanTalkingToMen (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (1 chatters)
- SportsTalkLine (1 chatters)
- The Fourth Turn (1 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (1 chatters)
- The RetroUnlim Network (1 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Rapture Ready Radio (1 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (1 chatters)
- Shifting Times Radio (1 chatters)
- Sales Coaching Chalk Talk (1 chatters)
- Lauren Tenney (1 chatters)
- Marjorie Cole (1 chatters)
- Married Men Dont Talk Show (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- Blasturthoughts (1 chatters)
- 3 Degrees Talk Show (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- Catz1* (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Enough Iz Enough (1 chatters)
- DONNELL BALLARD MORNING SHOW (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)