SORT BY Relevancy
Because February 7th, is the National Black HIV/AIDS Awareness Day, the show of this week will address the Intersection of HIV/AIDS, Violence against Women and Girls, & Gender–Related Health Disparities.
Data support the need to address not only HIV/AIDS and IPV, but also their intersection:
- Most women living with HIV had experienced IPV
- Among women living with HIV/AIDS, trauma, abuse and violence are associated with less use of antiretroviral medication, decreased medication adherence, and increased risk of death
- HIV infection may trigger or augment physical violence, particularly against women
On the heels of World AIDS Day on December 1, and the rebroadcast of the Frontline documentary, ENDGAME: HIV/AIDS and Black America, we welcome AIDS activist Chris Cathcart to The Strategy Sessions radio show on Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 11:00 a.m. ET/8:00 a.m. PT.
Founder of OneDiaspora Group and member of the Board of Directors of the Black AIDS Institute, Chris joins us from his office in Los Angeles, CA to talk about World AIDS Day, how far we've come since the epidemic began in the 1980s, the impact of HIV on youth of color, and the work his organization is doing to increase awareness, education and community involvement about HIV/AIDS.
Listen LIVE at 11:00a.m. ET/8:00a.m. PT. Questions or comments for our guest?
CALL (347) 539-5143
POST on our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/thestrategysessions, or Tweet us using #TheStrategySessions
Join our live chat during the show on Blog Talk Radio until noon ET, and look for our Facebook Question of the Week in the chatroom before it is announced during the show.
Listen to Part 2 of our conversation with Chris Cathcart or download the podcast
in Self Help
As an HIV/AIDS prevention advocate, here is an introduction to my nonprofit organization and to why this cause matters a great deal to me. I am an HIV- wife, mother, sister, daughter, aunt and good friend to many, who understands that a person doesn't have to be HIV+ to help make a difference.
But until those in my community find thier voices and step up to play thier own individual roles in this fight against new HIV transmissions, particularly amongst our youth, I will be here working diligently with the folks at The Power of T.E.E.N.S., Inc. help bring an end to all human suffering cause by HIV & AIDS.
The HIV/AIDS epidemic is alive and well and if we ignore it now then we will only have to be prepared to deal with it later. According to the CDC, 1 in 5 don't realize that they are a carrier of the virus and it impacts our youth ages 14-24 in large numbers on an annual basis.
If you've never had to count off for any reason, then try it today. It's simple really. Just go to a local shopping center and count as people walk by. One..two..three..four..five. One..two..three..four..five. Your have just theoretically been in the presence of at least two people who are infected with HIV who don't know it! Now that you've had this practice, try counting off the people who are in your life on a daily basis. My question to you is with this knowledge, how can you chose to do nothing? Get tested and have conversations with your children and your family members about the impact of HIV & AIDS on our communities.
in Self Help
Antron Reshaud Olukayode( O-LOU-KAI-YO-DAY) is a very inspirational and surviving with HIV/AIDS. We are going to speak with him about the abusive relationship that led to him becoming infected with the disease that affects the rest of his life.
Do you know how your status in the LGBT community can set you up to be abused more by manipulation, threats of outing your status and emotionally abusing you because of it?
Antron is going to share his story of survival to help you free yourself from an abusive relationship and live a happy and fulfilled life.
The world's deadliest killer, HIV/AIDS, and the Birth Control Pill have been carrying on a secret and deadly "love affair" for decades. While women swallowed their “freedom” with the morning orange juice, studies that should have made global headlines yellowed in medical journals, unknown to the general public. Only doctors learned about the pills deadly affair with HIV/AIDS, and they were too busy writing prescriptions for hormonal contraceptives to talk.
More than 50 medical studies, to date, have investigated the association of hormonal contraceptive use and HIV/AIDS infection. The studies show that hormonal contraceptives—the oral pill and Depo-Provera—increase almost all known risk factors for HIV, from upping a woman's risk of infection, to increasing the replication of the HIV virus, to speeding the debilitating and deadly progression of the disease
Russ Letica, Board Member and Co-Chair of the WnT Radio Committee, and Natalie Brown, WhispernThunder Board Secretary, will host this informative and educational program about the imporrant topic of HIV/AIDS in Indian Country.
This program on HIV/AIDS will express opinions concerning the stigma, the level of stigma and reasons for stigma. WnT will present accurate facts concerning the severity of this disease in our communities as they are today.
National Native American Awareness Day is March 20th.
Guests will include
Alyssa Bittenbender, Program Director of the Arizona AIDS Education and Training Center at the University of Arizona College of Medicine;
Melvin Harrison, Navajo AIDS Network; and
Native Americans living with HIV/AIDS.
Links of interest are: http://www.nnaapc.org/news/awareness-day.htm
GrindHard Radio Presents: "Hiv/Aids Awareness Night" Hosted by: Jit Chronicles, Dangerous Tactics, Virginia Slim, and Co-host Black Cancer. Join us as we help raise awareness and prevention of Hiv/Aids an epidemic that has struck the nation. Join the discussion by Calling in Live @ 323-693-3043 and press "1' to talk to the hosts
A critical look and challenge of the unproven theories, discredited research claims, fabrications, manipulations, and unfulfilled predictions surrounding the HIV = AIDS hypothesis. After 30 years, the virus named HIV has not been proven to cause AIDS. Part 2of2 interview with David Crowe, president of Rethinking AIDS.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (493 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (165 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (56 chatters)
- reactionariez (37 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (36 chatters)
- thelordshour (18 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (15 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (15 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (13 chatters)
- Straitway (13 chatters)
- Red vs Blue (12 chatters)
- Deliverance Today Pastor John Kyle (12 chatters)
- FWrestling and EFed Guerillas (10 chatters)
- SoapTalk Lets Dish (10 chatters)
- Souls Eye View Too (8 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (8 chatters)
- Omni Media Tribe Network (7 chatters)
- Israelite Heritage (7 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (7 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (7 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (6 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (5 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (5 chatters)
- Sherry Andrea (5 chatters)
- The Paranormal and The Sacred (5 chatters)
- The Plus Effect of BPC (4 chatters)
- Indy Showcase Radio (4 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (3 chatters)
- Jay King Network (3 chatters)
- LCS (3 chatters)
- G Konsciousness Radio (3 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (3 chatters)
- EPiphany The 4REALRADIONETWORK (3 chatters)
- History Guys (2 chatters)
- mashahba (2 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (2 chatters)
- MnM Missing N Murdered (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- JackNewtown (2 chatters)
- The Coffee Club (2 chatters)
- The Revolutionary (1 chatters)
- TalkNChitwTraCGmore (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- patriots united (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- Grudge Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- Autistic People (1 chatters)
- Big Body Broadcasting (1 chatters)
- Catz1* (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)