SORT BY Relevancy
This week on Autism Spectrum Radio we discuss a topic that is extremely important to many parents of young kids with autism, social skills and ability. Most parents are familiar with the social challenges faced by our kids on the spectrum but not everyone knows helpful strategies that will support better social function. This week, host Rob Haupt is pleased to welcome Dr. Ann Densmore, Ed.D. CCC SLP/A, certified speech pathologist and audiologist and author of Helping Children with Autism Become More Social: 76 Ways to Use Narrative Play and author of Your Successful Preschooler: Ten Skills Children Need to Become Confident and Socially Engaged.
Dr. Ann Densmore, Ed.D. CCC SLP/A, certified speech pathologist and audiologist and author of Helping Children with Autism Become More Social: 76 Ways to Use Narrative Play and author of Your Successful Preschooler: Ten Skills Children Need to Become Confident and Socially Engaged (Harvard Medical School and Jossey-Bass, 2011). Director of Child Talk in Lexington, MA. Ann Densmore has been a speech and language consultant at public and private schools or more than 30 years. In addition to running a private practice in Lexington, Massachusetts she also consults internationally and has taught seminars for professionals and students at Harvard Medical School. Ann holds an Ed.M. in Human Development and Psychology from Harvard Graduate School of Education and an Ed.D. in Education with a specialization in child discourse from Clark University. She is board-certified in speech and language pathology and audiology. Ann swims Walden Pond every morning (when it’s not iced over) and enjoys long bike rides with her friends. She also loves photography, swimming with Cambridge New England Masters at Harvard University, and taking walks with her Portuguese Water Dog, Map. http://www.child-talk.com/ Twitter: @AnnDensmore
Join Missing Pages of History by-weekly on Saturdays, 12 Noon. Each week we address current events, news stories and what is happening in the neck of our woods. Come and share with us your story on what is happening in your world and community. You may join us by listening in at 1-818-337-0016 or visit us online at: www.blogtalkradio.com/missing-pages-of-history-in
All parents face daily obstacles, but parents of children with autism experience increased challenges that can result in overwhelming anxiety, depression, self-doubt and sadness. Ultimately, these parents are husbands, wives, sisters, brothers, family and friends who simply wish to experience more fulfilling and satisfying lives with their children.
Dr. Darren Sush is a clinical psychologist and board certified behavior analyst, specializing in therapy for parents of children with autism. Throughout his career, Dr. Sush has recognized that parents of children with autism can significantly benefit from the guidance, comfort and empathy of therapeutic services that support their unique experiences and struggles.
Over the past decade, Dr. Sush has had the privilege of working within agencies that provide intervention and support for children diagnosed with autism. Through his work developing treatment programs, meeting with families and helping children, he has gained exceptional knowledge and understanding of the unique experiences of parents of children with autism.
He offers direct knowledge and guidance to the various questions that arise regarding children with autism’s behavior, skill building, treatment, funding and school placement, and helps families live their best lives possible.
Join "Missing Pages of History" as we discuss news, current events, hot topics and what's is happening in the neck of your woods. Come and help us fill in our "missing page of history" so that, future generation will know the truth. Jonin us on Saturdays (bi-weekly) at 12 Noon est. You may listen in at 1-818-337-0016 or go online at www.blogtalkradio.com/missing-pages-of-history-inc. This week program (Sat., August 30, 2014) will feature a segement on "The Missing Pages of Ferguson, Missouri & Michael Brown."
This week on Autism Spectrum Radio we are are talking with some of the best experts when it comes to life with autism...parents and self advocates. Our host Rob Haupt is excited to welcome three of the authors of The Thinking Person’s Guide to Autism. Join us for a lively and informative discussion about the importance of good treatment and how to choose it, as well as valuable insights on advocacy.
Shannon Des Roches Rosa writes about autism, parenting, evidence-based approaches, iPads, vaccines, and geekery at www.Squidalicious.com, as BlogHer.com's contributing editor for parenting kids with special needs, and as a co-founder and editor of TPGA.
Jennifer Byde Myers is an editor and co-founder of TPGA. She writes at www.jennyalice.com, chronicling her family’s journey from diagnosis to daily living with her son’s special needs.
Carol Greenburg, executive director of Brooklyn Special Needs Consulting, is a special education consultant and lay advocate in private practice. Her unique perspective as an adult with Aspergers Syndrome and as the mother of a severely language-delayed autistic child, informs all of her work. • http://www.thinkingautism.com • twitter @thinkingautism • Facebook www.facebook.com/thinkingpersonsguidetoautism
Join "Missing Pages of History" as we discuss the following topics: "What's Up In The Neck of Your Woods? & Things You Should Know." Join us on Sat., August 16, 2014 at 12 - Noon, by dialing in at (818) 337-0016 or go on line at: www.blogtalkradio.com/missing-pages-of-history-inc The topics for today are "The Shooting of Michael Brown & The Little League Baseball Playoff Series."
Mindee Pinto currently teaches early childhood special education, specializing with children diagnosed on the autism spectrum, in Palatine Illinois. Mrs. Pinto holds a bachelors degree in speech/language pathology and masters degree in early childhood special education. She lives with her husband Michael in Deerfield Illinois, with a their beautiful daughter Jillian.
Judy Cohen has been employed by the Milwaukee Public School system in special education for over 25 years. She began her career as a special education classroom teacher and for the last 17 years has been a diagnostic teacher in the school system. Mrs. Cohen also owns Lakeside Educational Services in Milwaukee. LES specializes in academic coaching/tutoring, as well as teaching and reinforcing organizational/study skills. Mrs. Cohen lives with her husband Jeff of 37 years and has two grown children.
The book, Mikey explains how a young child with autism sees, hears, and feels the world around him in his school environment. Mikey is not just intended for educators; although, all teachers should read it to their classes. It is intended to educate adults as well as young children to increase their awareness and understanding of the child with autism. This book, and others to follow, was inspired by my vast experiences as a teacher working with children with autism.
This week on Autism Spectrum Radio we will discuss a question that concerns all parents and caregiver at some point: What are the challenges and opportunities as children with autism become adolescents and adults? The specific nature of how to manage these changes and the best way to prepare for the future will be the focus of this episode. Join us as we explore the different facets of how families and society need to prepare for a maturing community of individuals with autism. We are extremely excited to welcome a special guest to the show, Dr. Peter Gerhardt. Dr. Gerhardt is an expert on the use of ABA therapy in support of adolescents and adults with autism spectrum disorders.
Dr. Gerhardt has more than 30 years’ experience utilizing the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis in support of adolescents and adults with autism spectrum disorders in educational, employment, residential and community-based settings. He has authored and co-authored articles and book chapters on the needs of adolescents and adults with ASD and has presented nationally and internationally on this topic. He serves as Chairman of the Scientific Council for the Organization for Autism Research, is on the Editorial Board of Behavior Analysis in Practice and on numerous professional advisory boards, including the Autism Society of America. Dr. Gerhardt received his doctorate from Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey’s Graduate School of Education.
Trish Kane, Director of Programs, provides support and resources through research, field work and personal experience. Trish develops the PFA workshop series by identifying and coordinating partners, topics and speakers. She also organizes family fun events throughout Maryland to bring enjoyment and social opportunities for families. In addition to her work with Pathfinders, Trish is on the Board of Directors for The Abilities Network, a local Maryland community and vocational support organization.
Shelly McLaughlin is responsible for the research and management of information on Autism across the lifespan, including the creation of an Autism By Age navigation tool. Shelly uses her collaborations with experts, research, or personal experiences to pen a monthly Parent Tips article that offers practical solutions to everyday autism challenges. Shelly also serves as an appointed member on the Governor's Interagency Transition Council for Youth with Disabilities.
Join "Missing Pages of History" Saturday, (bi-weekly) at 12 Noon est. We will fill you in on what is going on in the neck of your and our woods. Also, give you information on "things you should and must know" and "little known facts." Come and help to fill in "Our Missing Pages of History!_
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (151 chatters)
- Dark Twitter (23 chatters)
- John Baptist (19 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (17 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (14 chatters)
- BigBrotherGroup (13 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (12 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (12 chatters)
- Living Well Talk Radio (10 chatters)
- thedean (9 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (8 chatters)
- KAS1 (8 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (7 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (7 chatters)
- Whispers from Heaven (6 chatters)
- HHIII and LeeCrowe (6 chatters)
- Attune Magazine Radio (5 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (5 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (5 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (5 chatters)
- WWCR RADIO (4 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (4 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (4 chatters)
- Dr Ritamarie (4 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (4 chatters)
- InfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (4 chatters)
- LindaCrystal (4 chatters)
- PwtorchEastCoastCast (4 chatters)
- pamelamarieedmunds (4 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (4 chatters)
- NatureofReality (4 chatters)
- ParanormalPsychicRadio (3 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (3 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (3 chatters)
- Destruindo Fortalezas (3 chatters)
- Diane Grimble Ministries N Friends (3 chatters)
- AngelsTeachRadio (3 chatters)
- Asylum Fantasy Football Podcast (3 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (3 chatters)
- Body of Christ (3 chatters)
- UNdergroundCHURCH (3 chatters)
- Triple DarkGodis Radio (3 chatters)
- The Vent Man (3 chatters)
- Illuminati Exposed (2 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (2 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (2 chatters)
- Doctor Ginny (2 chatters)
- Entertainment Zone Radio (2 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (2 chatters)
- Firefall Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (2 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (2 chatters)
- Patriot Family (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (2 chatters)
- Prophecy at the Midnight Hour (1 chatters)
- North London Paranormal Radio (1 chatters)
- Omega Man (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (1 chatters)
- Matt and Phil Show (1 chatters)
- Mega Powers Radio (1 chatters)
- Mikeisha (1 chatters)
- Lez Talk Books Radio (1 chatters)
- Life Coach Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Lisa Williams Medium (1 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Live (1 chatters)
- Jim Nemley (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- Kissmeimpsychic (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- Godney (1 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (1 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (1 chatters)
- Edge Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Among The Realms Radio (1 chatters)
- AirAmarteifioRadio (1 chatters)
- Allyssa Narvaez Online (1 chatters)
- Awakenings Radio (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- BBQSS Sports Network (1 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (1 chatters)
- RAINBOW VISION (1 chatters)
- The ANSWERS Show (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (1 chatters)
- The Nathan Karn Show (1 chatters)
- Really Doe Radio (1 chatters)
- RFB Radio WOW (1 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (1 chatters)
- Rockin Country Radio (1 chatters)
- SecularTalkRadio (1 chatters)
- Seekers Intercessors Chamber (1 chatters)
- Side Kick Pro (1 chatters)
- Spoken Ink (1 chatters)
- The Sensuous Mystic Sex Spirit (1 chatters)
- thelordshour (1 chatters)
- Tracey Lee (1 chatters)
- WARriorsInGODsArmy (1 chatters)
- Radio PRS (0 chatters)
- Black Bag (0 chatters)
- LET IT BE KNOWN (0 chatters)