SORT BY Relevancy
True origin and history of the martial arts with GRAND MASTER Terryl Richardson
It is common place for people to say that martial arts originated in the far east (China, Japan). On occasion, I have heard people come close to the correct point of origin by saying Greece. With that I asked myself, “If it is true that every culture that had a need for any army had a form of martial arts, then why would it not be logical that martial arts originated where MAN originated?” I have come to learn that martial arts hieroglyphics appeared on the walls of Egyptian tombs 3,400 years B.C., before the arts arose in China and Japan. These hieroglyphics are found on the ancient temple of Karnak in Egypt. Every nation, or “tribe” in Africa has its own complex and complete martial arts styles and these styles can be seen all over the world.
There are many people who would argue that Greece contains the oldest records of combative arts such as wrestling, boxing, and Pankration. The Greeks began the practice of wrestling around 776 B.C. By that time Egypt was already ancient. It is known to scholars that the name Greece derives from an ancient name for Africa, “Nigrecia”. Present day scholars of what is commonly known as Greco-Roman wrestling attribute the origins of their sport to illustrations discovered on the walls of tombs at a region of ancient Egypt called Mahez, which has been renamed “Beni Hasan”, or “hill of the son of the Hasan family”. At Beni Hasan, in four separate tombs, there are hundreds of paintings on limestone walls that for the most part, have since decayed.
Listen to The Michael Imhotep Show, Tues. Aug, 25th, 10pm-12midnight EST with host Michael Imhotep of The African History Network. We’ll discuss “How Philadelphia Made African American History Mandatory for Graduation”!!! CALL IN WITH Questions/Comments at 1-888-669-2281. POST YOUR COMMENTS. WE MAY READ THEM ON AIR. Listen online at http://tunein.com/radio/Empowerment-Radio-Network-s199313/ or by downloading the "TuneIn Radio" app to your smartphone and search for "Empowerment Radio Network" or at www.AfricanHistoryNetwork.com.
1) A new municipal judge in Ferguson, MO on Monday ordered sweeping changes to court practices in response to the DOJ report. He ordered that all Arrest Warrants issued before Dec. 31st 2014 be withdrawn. 2) Students In Philadelphia Can’t Graduate Without Taking African-American History. This needs to be nationwide. 3) A juror in the Johnathan Ferrell shooting death says it was Ferrell who was actually on trial. 4) Republican Presidential Candidate Mike Huckabee shows his ignorance about Black Lives Matter and Dr. King. 5) This date in African American History – Althea Gipson and The Red Summer Riots of 1919.
Oregon plays Eastern Washington, Ole Miss plays Tennessee-Martin, Clemson clashes with mighty Wofford, Missouri battles powerful Southeast Missouri State, Oklahoma hosts Akron, LSU tangles with some Cowboys from McNeese State, Florida State hosts Texas State...and A LOT of other really awful games from Thursday to Saturday.
But there are also some really intriguing games. Alabama and Wisconsin will probably play the most boring game in history, Boise State and Washington will try and see who can make Chris Petersen feel the best, Stanford and Northwestern battle for the "We're Smarter than You" trophy, Arizona State shows off their new adidas threads to remind Texas A&M why they never should have left adidas, Notre Dame and Texas play in a game everybody would have cared about if this was 1999 and Ohio State travels to Virginia Tech to put a whooping on Virginia Tech. Is it time for Frank Beamer to retire? Yes. He should have retired after last year's win in Columbus.
Who will win the Heisman? Who really cares at this point? We do! So do you! So tune in. You'll enjoy it. You know you will. And then you'll tell you friends. And that makes us happy.
Listen to The Michael Imhotep Show, Fri. Aug., 28th, 10pm-12midnight EST with host Michael Imhotep of The African History Network. Our guest will be G. Brown of The Reel Network discussing African American entertainment news and even more importantly, the Images of African Americans in the Media. CALL IN WITH Questions/Comments at 1-888-669-2281. POST YOUR COMMENTS. WE MAY READ THEM ON AIR. Listen online at http://tunein.com/radio/Empowerment-Radio-Network-s199313/ or by downloading the "TuneIn Radio" app to your smartphone and search for "Empowerment Radio Network" or at www.AfricanHistoryNetwork.com and click on “Radio Shows” at the top of the page. We’ll be broadcasting also on Periscope at @MichaelImhotep for part of the show.
1) G. Brown of The Reel Network discussing African American entertainment news and even more importantly, the Images of African Americans in the Media. 2) Today is the 60th Anniversary of the death of 14 year old Emmett Till who was killed for whistling at a White Woman in Mississippi in 1955. 3) This week is the 10 year Anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. What is education like 10 years later in New Orleans? 4) This date in African American History.
Join Save The Kids Radio & News for the STK HipHop Power Hour broadcasting Live from The Annual Chairman Fred Hampton Sr. Streetz Party!
This annual full day Grand occasion celebrating and commemorating the life and legacy of the Honorable Chairman Fred Hampton Sr. will definitely be the place to be in Chicago today! We speak with The Honorable Chairman Fred Hampton Jr. of the POCC/BPPC and family on the history and purpose! As well as enjoying the wonderful sounds of HipHop in the raw!
Log on www.blogtalkradio.com/str8uprealtalk to listen in!
Dial in 347-677-0917 to listen or speak!
Do you know the difference between Hemp & Marijuana? The history behind the prohibition of both? There are 10’s of thousands of uses for Hemp, thousands of benefits and historically hemp has been used to build in Greek, Chinese and Egyptian civilizations.
Now Marijuana has been delegalized for consumption in states around the U.S, but why is it still classified as a schedule 1 substance?
“Schedule I drugs, substances, or chemicals are defined as drugs with no currently accepted medical use and a high potential for abuse. Schedule I drugs are the most dangerous drugs of all the drug schedules with potentially severe psychological or physical dependence.”
Also in this show we will go into the Black town revival movement. Updates, timeline, goals & tangible steps to make it happen.
Please join in if you have any questions or anything to contribute to the conversation or just to listen.
In this episode of "Bringing Voices To Power" I talk with Lawrence County coaches, atheletes and fans about " football rivarly week" and thier love of Lawrence County sports! Coach Rich Dutton is in his 4th season as head coach at Lawrence County High School. He will be coaching the defensive line this season. He is a 1994 graduate of Lawrence County High School, and recieved a B.S. in Spanish from UNA in 1998 where he ran track and cross-country. He coached at Lawrence County as an assistant from 1999-2005 and at Russellville High School from 2006-2007. Most recently he served as defensive coordinator at Austin High School from 2008-2011. He is married to the former Kesha Jeffreys. They have two children, Gracie (14) and Gage (13). Coach Dutton was a part of histroy this past Friday night when he faced his in county rival East Lawrence High School and tied a state record of 7 overtimes. Coach Jarrod Helms is in his first year at East Lawrence High School and also will go down in the history books in this game to remember. He was previously the Atheletic Director and Head Football Coach at Brilliant High School where he led the school to it's first playoff with in over a decade. He also coached at Deshler, Buckhorn, and Russellville High School. He is originally from the Chalybeate Springs area. He is married to Tara Nesmith Helms, and they have three children, Anna (7), Brady (3), and Bella (1). Coach Helms and his family are members of Providence Baptist Church
JOIN ME LIVE ON “Reaching Beyond The Call with Jimmy “Brother Jaami” Holmes”, every Sunday Afternoon at 12:00 pm EST / 9 am PST.
Join Brother Jaami as he welcomes a distinguished panel of guest as they discuss an array of topics including: Spiritual Reconciliation, The Bible, History, Biblical History, Non-Denominational Spirituality, Taxes, Credit Repair, Law and “Unknown Truths” about the World we live in.
The Call-in Number for the Show is (917) 889-2856 OR you can visit www.gregdoss.com and click THE BROTHER JAAMI RADIO LINK!
Matthew 7:2 For just as you judge and criticize and condemn others, you will be judged and criticized and condemned, and in accordance with the measure you deal out to others, it will be dealt out again to you.
Among the Topics for the August 30, 2015:
Join Host Live Chats
- Lucky Mojo Curio Company (26 chatters)
- Straitway (22 chatters)
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (15 chatters)
- Heavy Metal Mayhem (13 chatters)
- TheGodSquad (9 chatters)
- Monster X Radio1 (9 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (6 chatters)
- Lets talkXGod is not Religious (6 chatters)
- Witch School (6 chatters)
- World Integrity News Network (5 chatters)
- Writestream Radio Network (5 chatters)
- We Built That Network (5 chatters)
- Holographic Gypsies (5 chatters)
- Soul Sense (5 chatters)
- The Dereck and Kay Show (4 chatters)
- Donny C (4 chatters)
- entertainment-music-promotion- (4 chatters)
- WandaAfterDarkRadio (4 chatters)
- Firefall Talk Radio (3 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (3 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (3 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (3 chatters)
- USA live (3 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (3 chatters)
- Platinum Queens West (3 chatters)
- Pure Adrenaline (3 chatters)
- Mystical Awakenings Radio (2 chatters)
- The DG Show (2 chatters)
- HOUSTON KREYOL (2 chatters)
- A New Day 4 Al Islam (2 chatters)
- WARRIOR OUTREACH RADIO NETWORK (2 chatters)
- WithInsightsRadio (1 chatters)
- WORLD Change (1 chatters)
- African On The Move (1 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (1 chatters)
- ARC Studies (1 chatters)
- BonaFide Talk (1 chatters)
- Dr Mara Karpel Your Golden Years (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- The Barber Shop0 (1 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (1 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (1 chatters)
- Paranormal Frequencies (1 chatters)
- JackNewtown (0 chatters)