SORT BY Relevancy
Murray Pura, David- Michael Harding and Molly Noble Bull head up a panel of Historical Fiction authors!
About Murray Pura:Murray Andrew Pura was born in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, and has traveled extensively throughout Canada, the United States, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. Ordained as a Baptist minister in 1986, Pura has served five churches in Canada and headlined numerous speaking engagements in Canada and the United States. He has five books published, was a contributor to the Life With God Bible, has been a finalist for The Paraclete Fiction Award, The Dartmouth Book Award, and The John Spencer Hill Literary Award, and has been shortlisted for the prestigious 2010 Kobzar Literary Award of Canada.
About Molly Noble Bull:Molly Noble Bull, Christian novelist, is a native Texan, and she is a graduate of Texas A&M University at Kingsville. Molly's father and maternal grandfather were ranch managers, making them real Texas cowboys, and she spent part of her growing up years on a 60,000 acre cattle ranch. She and her husband have three grown sons and four grandchildren, and all three of their sons are involved in ranching in Texas today.
Her novel, Sanctuary, won the 2008 Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence in the inspirational category and tied for first place in the 2008 Winter Rose contest also in the inspirational category.
To learn more about Molly and her books, please visit her website. www.mollynoblebull.com
About David- Michael Harding:David-Michael Harding is a life-long writer whose work has appeared in national publications and has been recognized by the international writing community. He is a former collegiate writing instructor and semi-professional football player. His experiences provide readers with well researched, crushing fast-paced action.
Historical Fiction author Lorrieann Russell is back, hanging out and talking about life as an author. She'll be the first to tell you that she came in late to the party, encouraged -- rather emphatically -- by friends, and she's going to talk to me about what she's learned along the way.
Please join us!
By Right of Blood
William Fylbrigge is ill prepared to claim what is his, by right of blood, and his place among the powerful clan he has been born into. His older brother Thomas doesn't want to share what he thinks is rightfully his, secretly arranging to have the young lad killed in a convenient accident; William could lose everything, including his life.
Sean Wilbrun, the son of a common groomsman, transcends the barriers of his class and station when he is elevated to the esteemed ranks of guard for Lord Edward, Duke of Stonehaven. His first assignment, however, is not to wield a sword to protect his duke, but instead to attend to the newly arrived foster son.
William and Sean soon form an unlikely duo and a lasting bond as together they face Thomas' accusations of murder and treason..
Join Nancy Reid & Lisa Smith – publishers of WayBackWhenMagazine.com, for Big Blend Radio’s Way Back When history and heritage show, airing live from Inn Marin in Novato, CA, as part of the Big Blend Spirit of America Tour of all 401 National Parks.
- Sandra Blackie - 1986 Canadian National Bodybuilding Champion, along with fashion designer Aggie Garcia
- Kathleen George – Author of ‘The Johnstown Girls’
- Patricia Daly-Lipe – Author of ‘Patriot Priest: The Biography of William Hemmick’
- C. F. Yetmen – Author ‘The Roses Underneath’
- M. J. Brett – Author ‘Truth Lies Six Foot Under’ & ‘Stand Silent, Stand Free’
- Naomi Torres – Superintendent of Juan Bautista de Anza National Historic Trail
Historical Fiction author Deanna Proach joins me as she reads an excerpt from her book Day of Revenge. Set in the days of the French Revolution, this book offers action and angst, and some wonderfully created characters.
Please join us for an entertaining show.
After ready author Robert Rubenstein's 1st historical fiction novel Ghost Runners I was in doubt he could pen anything equal to this superbly written account of the Olympic Runners experiences WWII era. Was I pleasantly surprised.
A Jewish Book Council, Book-of-Note author, Mr.Rubenstein's first novel was included in the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum library. Companion pieces:The White Bridge, a parody about the transformation of a young woman in a time of eugenics, baby farms, Hitler, the Klan, and the culture of lynching. Rob continues his inquiry to understand the hatred the horror,and the heroics needed to defeat fascism here and abroad. He teaches advanced topics in psychology, the psycholopgy of racism at a local college. A former special educator in the New York Public Schools. Rob raised two children as a single parent. He still loves the southwest, especially Navajo country, and gets his feet wet on the Coney Island shore.
Call in to listen to the show live @ 213-769-0952 or visit via the chat room
9PM EDT, 8PM CDT, 6PM PDT
John came west as a young man and settled in Berkeley where he graduated from the University of California. He still lives and writes there and often gives a talk on the California gold rush to the gang at the Freight and Salvage.
He spent a lot of time digging into that gold rush too and many of his stories take place back then. John's characters are so real they'll jump right off the page and talk to you; his villains have hearts as cold as midnight and his heroes almost always do the right thing in the end.
He's working up quite a reputation for his knowledge of that era too. His blog, My Gold Rush Tales, attracted the interest of some TV folks and he appeared in a segment for the Travel Channel about Henry Meiggs, the man who built San Francisco's famous Fisherman's Wharf.
While his first novel, Hangtown Creek, a story of adventure, romance, and coming of age in the early days of the gold rush, was published in 2011, his brand new book, Into the Face of the Devil, moves between Hangtown and the sawmill where James Marshall first found gold, and pits a young man in love for the first time against a killer so evil he could pass for Satan.
Margaret Brettschneider is the author of several works of historical fiction. Join us for a discussion about her book and the craft of writing.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (102 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (57 chatters)
- Ron Reck (12 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (8 chatters)
- Brian Treybig (4 chatters)
- Curious Times (4 chatters)
- garrett4u (4 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (4 chatters)
- The One People Oneness Radio (4 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (4 chatters)
- Omega Man (3 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (3 chatters)
- Alan Roger Currie (3 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (2 chatters)
- Cross Talk Radio brother Lawrence (2 chatters)
- MN.B.R.T. (2 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (2 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (2 chatters)
- Ken Beth (2 chatters)
- Michael Fairman (2 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (2 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (2 chatters)
- The Hermetic Hour (2 chatters)
- thelordshour (2 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Winging It In Motown (1 chatters)
- zuadionzunno (1 chatters)
- SirTemplar (1 chatters)
- The Tailgate Show (1 chatters)
- The War Room (1 chatters)
- The World Transformed (1 chatters)
- Omega Man Channel 2 (1 chatters)
- reactionariez (1 chatters)
- Restoring Your Reality (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (1 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (1 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (1 chatters)
- Apostle Lonnie Stocks (1 chatters)
- Big C Radio (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)