SORT BY Relevancy
Training with heart rate is the most effective way to improve endurance for cycling and running. Join Richard Diaz and Dr. Iñigo San Millán, director of the Exercise Physiology Lab & Sports at the UC School of Medicine as they discuss heart rate training.
Dr. Iñigo San Millán was selected as Colorado's Top Thinker 2013 in Health. He also served as director of physiological testing for the professional cycling team Garmin-Transitions, Spain’s pro team Once and Saunier-Duval, as well as Astana in 2007. While a number of his former employers have been beset by doping scandals, San Millán is widely regarded as an exponent of a clean cycling.
This is the show where we cover everything you need to know to get the most out of training with heart rate. You’re first 5K, Marathon, Triathlon, setting a new personal record or simply getting in great shape discussed LIVE with our host Richard Diaz.
We invite our guests to call in and pose questions regarding anything to do with heart rate training for sport or fitness. Be one of the lucky callers who ask the best questions and win a free MIO LINK. Remember, there are no dumb questions! If it matters to you, it matters to us.
Interview with Liz Dickinson, founder of MIO Global, who revolutionized the fitness industry by developing the first continuous heart rate monitor without the need of a chest strap. The Mio Alpha is the most innovative training tool in Fitness today.
Our host Richard Diaz was able to catch up with her to have her share her story on how against the odds was able to do what no other heart rate monitor manufacturer was able to do before. She conquered the “Holy Grail of Heart Rate Training”, being able to provide EKG accurate “continuous” heart rate without the need of a chest strap. Anyone who has aspired to train with heart rate knows the frustration in dealing with a chest strap, especially women runners. If you plan to train for an endurance event, your first marathon or simply train for fitness, this is an interview you don’t want to miss.
Training with heart rate is a confusing topic with endurance athletes. Our host Richard Diaz is an expert in the art of heart rate training. Listen as he and his guest, Mike Rouse, a seasoned Ultra runner, discuss the benefits of heart rate training.
Why is it important to monitor heart rate while training? What are the benefits? How can we determine what is the appropriate intensity to follow? All these and many more questions will be answered during our series on heart rate training.
This is the second of a 4 part series on Heart Rate Training for Runners. Listen as our host Richard Diaz, helps you establish critical elements of training and an easy way to effectively check your progress leading up to your next marathon.
Now we get into the nuts and bolts of using heart rate in your training. You will learn when and how to apply aerobic conditioning, how to incorporate effective intervals, how they work together and what time trial mean to your training program here on The Natural Running Network.
This is the 3rd episode of our series on Heart Rate Training for Runners. Listen as our host Richard Diaz, helps you better understand the benefit of Anaerobic Training, which he commonly refers to as “The Dark Side” a key element of your marathon training.
Anaerobic training or lactate tolerance training is a kin to taming a wild animal. You will learn when and how to apply and get the most out of these winning training sessions here on The Natural Running Network.
This is the first of a 4 part series on Heart Rate Training for Runners. If you don’t train with heart rate, after listening to our host Richard Diaz, you will. Training for your first Marathon or Half Marathon? He’ll teach you to train smarter not harder!
Why is heart rate training so important? What will heart rate training do for me? Is there an easier less confusing way to train with heart rate? All of these questions will be answered over the next four episodes here on The Natural Running Network.
In this final episode Richard Diaz will help you assemble all of the critical elements of your marathon training program so that you will run your best race ever! We’ll touch on the 4 phases of training, hydration, feeding and tapering. Don’t miss this one!
In our first 2 segments of Heart Rate Training for Runners, we covered the basics concepts; why it is wise to use heart rate, and how to perform an initial set up. In part 3 Richard Diaz explains how to employ the critical elements of a sound training program.
How much aerobic base training vs. skill is needed early in your marathon training and how to make the correct decisions moving forward? When the time is right to begin adding more intensity workouts and how the time trials provide the feedback you need to stay on track. All these questions and more will be covered. This is a show you don’t want to miss!
Running a marathon? This is the final piece of the puzzle! Join Richard Diaz and Dr. Mark Gorelick as they explain how to assemble the critical ingredients of training to complete a marathon. A sensible way to design your Heart Rate Training Program.
HRV is a measure of the patterns embedded in the heartbeat and a reflection of the autonomic nervous system. The nervous system, heart rate, blood pressure regulation and respiration are under control of autonomic nervous system. HRV is an excellent indicator of many health parameters.
Join us as we talk with Ronda Collier, CEO and CO-Founder of SweetWater Health. Ronda has more than 25 years of experience in high technology product development with a proven track record of delivering leading edge consumer electronic products within both privately held startups and Fortune 500 corporations. She has spent the last 3 years as an independent scholar researching non-invasive health monitoring techniques to improve overall personal well being. This research led to the founding of SweetWater Health LLC in 2010.
SweetWater Health is a revolutionizing mobile health monitoring and stress management by combining proven medical research techniques with the latest mobile computing technological advances.
Sweetwater Health site
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (80 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (42 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (26 chatters)
- thelordshour (23 chatters)
- The Oracle Speaks (22 chatters)
- The Portal (18 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (18 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (16 chatters)
- in5d (14 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (12 chatters)
- Body of Christ (11 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (9 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (7 chatters)
- Rifleman (7 chatters)
- Sweet Psychic (7 chatters)
- Bill Murray (7 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (7 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (7 chatters)
- dtm radio (6 chatters)
- LetsGetMetaphysical (6 chatters)
- MissingYouFoundation (6 chatters)
- The One People Oneness Radio (6 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (5 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (5 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (5 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (5 chatters)
- Positively Incorrect (5 chatters)
- Diary of A Psalmist (5 chatters)
- Conservative Report (4 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (4 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (4 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (4 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (3 chatters)
- Move to Amend (3 chatters)
- Shifting Times Radio (3 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (3 chatters)
- Station IWDM (3 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (3 chatters)
- Cubanarama (3 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (3 chatters)
- bridge to Humanity (3 chatters)
- Art Bulla (3 chatters)
- eDraft Sports Radio (3 chatters)
- Higher Truth Radio (3 chatters)
- The Voice of Leadership (3 chatters)
- The Tailgate Show (3 chatters)
- the klicious show (3 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (3 chatters)
- URBAN CONTROVERSY RADIO SHOW (3 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (3 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (2 chatters)
- The Grace View (2 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (2 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (2 chatters)
- Healing Light Radio (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- EFT Radio (2 chatters)
- drkate (2 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (2 chatters)
- Bishop Maurice L Irvin (2 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (2 chatters)
- BerniceBennett (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Namaste Farms (2 chatters)
- RadicalFaithMin (2 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (2 chatters)
- Grizzly Bear Blues Live (2 chatters)
- Indy Showcase Radio (2 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx (1 chatters)
- Live with Shirley (1 chatters)
- Living a Richer Life (1 chatters)
- Moorish Kemetic Radio (1 chatters)
- Matty Ps Radio Happy Hour (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- Packers Talk Radio Network (1 chatters)
- patriots united (1 chatters)
- Steves segments (1 chatters)
- Survival Radio Network2 (1 chatters)
- Talking Terror Presents (1 chatters)
- Catz1* (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Bonnie Kaye (1 chatters)
- Ask the Theologian (1 chatters)
- Be Not Deceived Radio (1 chatters)
- Disasterpiece Theater (1 chatters)
- ElijahFireRadio (1 chatters)
- FanSportsandPolitics (1 chatters)
- Golf Talk Live (1 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (1 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (1 chatters)
- The Tim and Rob Show (1 chatters)
- The Janet Love Show (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The Middle Men (1 chatters)
- The Liberal Redneck (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- VOS FREQ9 RADIO (1 chatters)
- War Cry2 (1 chatters)
- Whisper Out Loud Radio Network (1 chatters)
- The Marching Podcast (0 chatters)