SORT BY Relevancy
Join us for a conversation with Brenda Premo, Director of The Harris Family Center for Disability and Health Policy (CDHP), at Western University.
CDHP sponsors educational activities and curriculum development for health professionals serving people with disabilities. The Center also conducts applied research to develop continuing education programs for current health care providers. These activities are designed to improve patient care delivery through advocating basic changes in social and policy issues affecting the health of people with disabilities.
Brenda is a frequent lecturer on disability issues in the schools of Pharmacy, Allied Health and Osteopathic Medicine, as well as physician education programs in California. She also co-teaches a class on Disability Culture. She works directly with many managed care organizations’ consulting projects. Her awards and commendations are many. The California State Senate honored her as “Woman of the Year” in 1988 and in 1998 she received the National Rehabilitation Awareness Foundation’s “Special Achievement Award.”
We'll talk with Brenda about her work at CDHP, her personal and professional experiences, and the future of policies affecting the health of people with disabilities.
PA Independent Living Radio Show is brought to you by The Arc of luzerne County. Support this and future episodes with a donation! Your support is very much appreciated.
This week as we look from the Ethan Saylor case to what the ACA really means to us, to what this all means for people with disabilities and those who love them, we have a lifetime expert from the "inside" to guide us in plain language and from the heart.
Barbara Kornblau's resume for health advocacy, especially for disability, spans 40 pages.
Attorney, Occupational Therapist, Dean, faculty, a Robert J Wood fellow, author of 3 books, 90 peer-review publications, over 300 presentations, service on HRSA, advisor to Congress and staff, a regular on television and radio including CNN and CNBC... Don't be alarmed, she is a fascinating person to sit and talk heart to heart to- trust me.
It is hard to decide if her passion, her knowledge or her proof of spending day after day, year after year to make a difference makes her as exceptional as she is. One thing we know, Barbara Kornblau will help us better understand, become more aware, and see the important issues we're tackling this week and always through our show and around the web.
What do you mean there are policy cancellation? Why would an insurer pull out? Did your insurance increase once the exchange opened? Join Dr. Taffy as she updates consumers on what is happening with Obamacare near and far.
The radio program of Alpha Health Ministry will focus on Health Education and personal health improvement by covering various health & wellness topics designed to educate, elevate and inspire people to take control of their health & well-being. This is a Christian radio program which adheres to biblical based principles designed to promote a Healthy Spirit, Soul and Body. Join us for another segment of Health By Design hosted by Minister Surette Sands. This week as we will have a special Featured Guest: Arnetha Thomas, Author, President/CEO of Solid Rock Enterprise, Community Leader: "The Power of the Blood at Work: Broken Veil" http://www.arnethathomas.com.
in Pop Culture
It's Monday and Graphic Policy Radio is back for a brand new episode. We have a very special episode with return guest Scott Kaufman, who you might know as SEK.
Guardians of the Galaxy is still in theaters, ruling the box office as the top earning domestic film in 2014... so far. The film has lead what has been an abysmal summer box office, and out-performed expectations and won over audiences. We'll discuss the film and try to figure out exactly why it's taken movie theaters by storm. And.... We are Groot!
Scott is the proprietor of the AV Club's Internet Film School and an associate editor at The Raw Story. He also writes for Lawyers, Guns & Money, podcasts, and is an expert on Game of Thrones.
Every once in awhile it's nice to stop, take a step back and take a look around you at where you are, and where you are headed.
I want to do that with you today.
In this episode, I'm going to remind you of the 6 main areas of your life that you must work on in order to Take Back Your Health™.
It's a nice, simple reminder that will refocus you, and give you a starting point for getting back on track with preventing and reversing disease.
After the episode, head on over to www.clubtbyh.com to join in the conversation about how to Take Back Your Health™!
Please join Health Educator & Life Coach, Erica Haray-Butcher, as she chats with Vicky Hann Corbett about living your best life with chronic illness.
Both Vicky and Erica have experienced a variety of chronic health issues related to debilitating autoimmune disease, and both have found ways to heal and live their best lives possible. Please tune in to hear their tips and strategies, so you can find your own path to better health and healing.
For more information about Erica, please visit www.CatchGoodHealth.com. And remember- good health is contagious...pass it on!
Dr. Mark A. Snow, Chiropractic Physician and Author of the book, "Sick World, A Story Of Modern Day Slavery" discusses various health topics such as diet, nutrition, exercise, safety, mental health, vaccinations, neurofeedback therapy, etc. There is quite a bit of controversy on topics such as diet, nutrition, and especially vaccinations. Dr. Snow will present up to date research on these topics in each program as well as his personal clinical experiences.
This will be a multi-part series covering eating healthy.
In this show we will be covering models of healing coming from a broad range of disciplines, integrating the best of modern science with the best of the healing wisdom that has been transmitted to us from the most ancient cultures.
Dr. Renè David Alkalay is a life-long student of meditation, Yoga science, Kabbalah, and the religious and philosophical texts of the East and West, and is the author of numerous articles and books. In private practice as a naturopathic practitioner since 1980, he provides holistic services at the Wellness Center offering help with nutrition, weight management, pain and illnesses, fitness and holistic treatment for cancer patients.
During National Chiror]ractic Health month on Small Changes Big Shifts with Dr. Michelle Robin, you'll meet meet two men who are doing innovative things in the field of chiropractic health.
Dr.John Sibley is Dr. Robin's first guest. They'll be discussing the role and importance of medicine in treatment but they'll also talk about giving the body a chance to heal itself first. Dr. Sibley's practice in Tulsa, Oklahoma is acknowledged throughout the healthcare community as a benchmark of excellence.
Also joining Dr. Michelle Robin is Chiropractic patient and advocate, William Esteb. Estab has spent years exploring the doctor/patient relationship from the patient’s point of view, co-founding Perfect Patients in 2004, an interactive website service which manages the online representation of over 2000 chiropractors in the United States, Canada, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom. An author of 10 books and public speaker, Estab writes a weekly blog at patientsmedia.com.
To learn more or connect with Host Dr. Robiin, go online http://yourwellnessconnection.com
Read more about William Estab at http://www.patientmedia.com/history.html
and conncet with Dr. John Sibley at http://drjohnsibley.com
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (491 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (49 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (37 chatters)
- thelordshour (28 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (25 chatters)
- Namaste Farms (24 chatters)
- MN.B.R.T. (21 chatters)
- Curious Times (19 chatters)
- reactionariez (18 chatters)
- Alan Roger Currie (14 chatters)
- Winging It In Motown (14 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (14 chatters)
- The One People Oneness Radio (13 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (11 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (8 chatters)
- in5d (8 chatters)
- Higher Truth Radio (7 chatters)
- Michael Fairman (7 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (7 chatters)
- Healing Light Radio (6 chatters)
- Restoring Your Reality (6 chatters)
- Shifting Times Radio (5 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (5 chatters)
- Bigbagstudios (5 chatters)
- churchfolk (5 chatters)
- The View from Montana (5 chatters)
- SURN Host (4 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (4 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (4 chatters)
- Jay King Network (4 chatters)
- David Fournier (3 chatters)
- BerniceBennett (3 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (3 chatters)
- 4 Shits n Giggles (3 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (3 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (3 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (3 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (3 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (2 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (2 chatters)
- The Portal (2 chatters)
- The War Room (2 chatters)
- The World Transformed (2 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (2 chatters)
- Terrachat Net (2 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (2 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (2 chatters)
- AtaensicNetworkStation (2 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (2 chatters)
- Cross Talk Radio brother Lawrence (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (2 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (2 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio Mass Media (2 chatters)
- Omega Man (2 chatters)
- Omega Man Channel 2 (2 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (2 chatters)
- Quagmire America (2 chatters)
- Random Rants (2 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (2 chatters)
- Station IWDM (1 chatters)
- SirTemplar (1 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Rifleman (1 chatters)
- Pro MMA Now Radio (1 chatters)
- Pro Wrestling Torch (1 chatters)
- NDB Media (1 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx (1 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (1 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (1 chatters)
- KLJN 107 7 (1 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (1 chatters)
- manofgod7 (1 chatters)
- Personality Speaking (1 chatters)
- Mormon Vegetarian (1 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (1 chatters)
- Harmonious Vibrations (1 chatters)
- God In The Midst (1 chatters)
- FFN On The Air (1 chatters)
- Frat House Sports (1 chatters)
- Gamer Girls Radio (1 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (1 chatters)
- drkate (1 chatters)
- Drunken Radio (1 chatters)
- cathies DistantEchos (1 chatters)
- Aubrey Allen Smith (1 chatters)
- Body of Christ (1 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (1 chatters)
- The Oracle Speaks (1 chatters)
- The Tailgate Show (1 chatters)
- The Russell Reed Show (1 chatters)
- The Smooth Jazz Ride (1 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (1 chatters)
- WDC DA MOVEMENT (1 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (1 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (1 chatters)
- Yizzor Talk (1 chatters)