SORT BY Relevancy
This week as we look from the Ethan Saylor case to what the ACA really means to us, to what this all means for people with disabilities and those who love them, we have a lifetime expert from the "inside" to guide us in plain language and from the heart.
Barbara Kornblau's resume for health advocacy, especially for disability, spans 40 pages.
Attorney, Occupational Therapist, Dean, faculty, a Robert J Wood fellow, author of 3 books, 90 peer-review publications, over 300 presentations, service on HRSA, advisor to Congress and staff, a regular on television and radio including CNN and CNBC... Don't be alarmed, she is a fascinating person to sit and talk heart to heart to- trust me.
It is hard to decide if her passion, her knowledge or her proof of spending day after day, year after year to make a difference makes her as exceptional as she is. One thing we know, Barbara Kornblau will help us better understand, become more aware, and see the important issues we're tackling this week and always through our show and around the web.
Hillary Feerick and Jeff Hillenbrand have been married for 15 years and have two young children. Months before their first child was born, they began to delve more deeply into infant and maternal nutrition. Health and wellness were priorities for their family, and they wanted to give their children the healthiest start possible. Six years later, compelled by the difficulties of raising healthy children in a fast-paced, junk-food-filled world, they decided to combine their expertise in health (Jeff holds a BS in exercise science) and writing (Hillary holds a BA and MA in English and is an English teacher) to create Mitch Spinach, a healthy role model for children. They wrote the first book in the series, The Secret Life of Mitch Spinach, with a passion to help abate the trend in nutrition-related diseases, such as type II diabetes, childhood obesity, ADD, ADHD, and chronically low immune systems.
Hillary Feerick and Jeff Hillenbrand have been married for 15 years and have two young children. Months before their first child was born, they began to delve more deeply into infant and maternal nutrition. Health and wellness were priorities for their family, and they wanted to give their children the healthiest start possible. Six years later, compelled by the difficulties of raising healthy children in a fast-paced, junk-food-filled world, they decided to combine their expertise in health (Jeff holds a BS in exercise science) and writing (Hillary holds a BA and MA in English and is an English teacher) to create Mitch Spinach, a healthy role model for children. They wrote the first book in the series, The Secret Life of Mitch Spinach, with a passion to help abate the trend in nutrition-related diseases, such as type II diabetes, childhood obesity, ADD, ADHD, and chronically low immune systems. Please visit: www.MitchSpinach.com
Clare, MI Chiropractor, Ben Lucey D.C. will introduce us to the NEW SHOW he is hosting here on Blog Talk Radio TODAY! Better Health in 30 minutes or Less want to bring you the TRUTH about your health and dispell the myths and mysteries we so often expererience at times. Because Dr. Lucey is passionate about what he does, this promises to be a great tool for those seeking not only answers but sincere, honest guidance for their BETTER HEALTH as well as that of their familes! Enjoy the show! FOLLOW the program here on Blog Talk and be sure to ask questions of not only Dr. Lucey but your OWN medical team as well!
Suparna Malhotra returns to the Voice of Leadership with the Gentle World Cafe. The Gentle World Cafe is designed to show how men and women can work in collaboration towards the prevention of gender violence through peaceful means.
Suparna's guest this month is Davina James-Hanman, OBE. Davina is the Director of AVA, Against Violence and Abuse. Prior to the AVA, Davina worked at L.B. Islington as the first local authority Domestic Violence Co-ordinator in the UK. From 2000-08, she had responsibility for developing and implementing the London Domestic Violence Strategy for the Mayor of London. She has worked in the field of violence against women for over two decades in a variety of capacities encompassing volunteer, front-line work, policy and strategy roles. She has published innumerable articles and two book chapters and formerly acted as the Dept. of Health policy lead on domestic violence as well as being an Associate Tutor at the national police college. She is also a Lay Inspector for HMCPSI, acted as the Specialist Adviser to the Home Affairs Select Committee Inquiry into domestic violence (2007/08) and Chairs the Accreditation Panel for Respect. In 2009 she assisted the Home Office in the writing of the national violence against women strategy.
Join the Gentle World Cafe in understanding what Gender-Based Violence really is.
The radio program of Alpha Health Ministry will focus on Health Education and personal health improvement by covering various health & wellness topics designed to educate, elevate and inspire people to take control of their health & well-being. This is a Christian radio program which adheres to biblical based principles designed to promote a Healthy Spirit, Soul and Body. Join us for another episode as we cover UV Safety for the Month of July.
It was our pleasure to interview one of the few experts on HIPAA compliance for Mental Health practitioners. Roy Huggins, LPC NCC is Director of Person-Centered Tech, a consulting and continuing education firm that serves the healthcare community. Roy worked as a professional Web developer for 7 years before changing paths and makes it his mission to grow behavioral health clinicians’ understanding of the Internet and other electronic communications mediums for the future of our practices and our professions. Roy also acts as Technology Chair for the Oregon Counseling Association, is an advisory board member for the Zur Institute, and is an adjunct instructor at the Portland State University Department of Counselor Education. He routinely consults with healthcare professionals on issues of technology in practice as well as compliance with the HIPAA Security Rule.
Roy can be contacted via his website at www.personcenteredtech.com. His CE courses and written interview can be found here.
Jawanza4Life!! – Introduces Dr. Ruby Lathon
Tune in 7:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. est
Our special guest is Dr. Ruby Lathon a holistic health and wellness expert and advocate for plant-based nutrition.
in Pop Culture
It's Monday night and that means a brand new episode of Graphic Policy Radio. Tonight we have a special guest, Sarah Rasher who joins us to discuss all the latest comic related news.
Sarah is an Assistant Professor of Language and Literature at St. Augustine College in Chicago. As co-host Elana puts it, a Doctor of Shakespearology. She's currently working on a book about adaptations of Shakespeare in television, comic books, and video games. Her Twitter is @pas_dechat, although she mostly uses it to talk about sports.
On tonight's episode we chat:
San Diego Comic-Con has come to a close. We talk about the various announcements (or lack thereof) and what stood out amongst the bunch.
Diversity is a popular trend in comics with characters having their gender switched, or mantles being passed to a new generation of heroes that are ethnically diverse. We talk about the seismic change.
We also talk some of the hottest comics out there including Trees, Silver Surfer, Black Widow, and Moon Knight.
Join us as we discuss this and more on tonight's episode!
in Self Help
Health is in major decline across our Republic. Cancer, heart disease, and a dozen other threats grow and consume people's lives and yet so many are completely unaware of the causes for this. There are essential laws at work in physics which the creator God placed into motion for our benefit, but which we have forgotten or never learned in the first place. They are simple truths which build health from the bottom up and which minimize degenerative changes and keep poor health at bay. Imagine living to be 90-100+ and in good health? Sickness and disease are NOT natural unless our system is broken, and being deprived of necessary elements. Learn the keys to good health and how to make good decisions about the confusing and conflicting information on health care and disease we are bombarded with daily.
#TheHotCorner with @DrRayT - MLB Trades, Ray Rice & NFL, Health Topics
In this show Dr. Raymond Tolmos, a Miami Chiropractor, speaks about health, sports, slow pitch softball, current events, and whatever the listeners want to chime in about. This radio show is meant to be interactive, informative, and entertaining. There will be lots of great information and insight given. Listen in and try to keep up with #TheHotCorner! @DrRayT @ISPSO
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (64 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (24 chatters)
- The Portal (18 chatters)
- thelordshour (18 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (17 chatters)
- in5d (15 chatters)
- The Oracle Speaks (13 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (11 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (11 chatters)
- Body of Christ (8 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (8 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (7 chatters)
- LetsGetMetaphysical (7 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (6 chatters)
- Sweet Psychic (6 chatters)
- The One People Oneness Radio (6 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (6 chatters)
- dtm radio (5 chatters)
- Bill Murray (5 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (4 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (4 chatters)
- The Voice of Leadership (4 chatters)
- Rifleman (4 chatters)
- Rock The Ville Radio (4 chatters)
- MissingYouFoundation (4 chatters)
- Move to Amend (3 chatters)
- Positively Incorrect (3 chatters)
- The Tailgate Show (3 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (3 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (3 chatters)
- Grizzly Bear Blues Live (3 chatters)
- bridge to Humanity (3 chatters)
- Conservative Report (3 chatters)
- Cubanarama (3 chatters)
- Diary of A Psalmist (3 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- EFT Radio (2 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- angel coaches (2 chatters)
- Art Bulla (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (2 chatters)
- HOV Radio (2 chatters)
- Lesbian Love Talk (2 chatters)
- The Grace View (2 chatters)
- RadicalFaithMin (2 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (2 chatters)
- Rockin Country Radio (2 chatters)
- Speed 77 Radio (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (2 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- SportsTalkLine (1 chatters)
- Station IWDM (1 chatters)
- Spirit of 76 Remedy (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- The Janet Love Show (1 chatters)
- The Liberal Redneck (1 chatters)
- The Middle Men (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- URBAN CONTROVERSY RADIO SHOW (1 chatters)
- WHATS GOING ON by the UAC (1 chatters)
- Whisper Out Loud Radio Network (1 chatters)
- The Tim and Rob Show (1 chatters)
- Matty Ps Radio Happy Hour (1 chatters)
- Golf Talk Live (1 chatters)
- Be Not Deceived Radio (1 chatters)
- Bishop Maurice L Irvin (1 chatters)
- Cowboy Wisdom Radio (1 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (1 chatters)
- ElijahFireRadio (1 chatters)
- FanSportsandPolitics (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (0 chatters)