SORT BY Relevancy
What is good mental health? What role do culture, race, age, gender, and class play in our mental health? The Office of Minority Health has designated April as National Minority Health Month to raise awareness about health disparities that continue to affect racial and ethnic minorities.
Today’s show will examine mental health disparities among African Americans and Black women in particular. My guest is Michele Wheeler who is the director of 2040 Partners for Health and partner in the CU Immersion and Community Engagement Project in Denver.
If you or someone you know would like to be a guest on the show, contact Dr. Peg at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Business of Thursday Health.Well.Fit. - SB Barber Morning Show. "What grade do we get as a community in Health.Well.Fit.?" Topic: Health Disparities can be defined as inequalities that exist when members of certain population groups do not benefit from the same health status as other groups.
KARE11 reports assaults on caregivers - Attack by a patient on nurses at a Maplewood hospital highlights issue MN healthcare workers deal with - increasing risk of violence.
Fitness Focus: Mental Health; Breathing exercize to strengthen your core; Teen fitness (body growing & speed burning calories @ faster pace - key eat nutritional meals, get plenty rest); Workout at your desk (sit on flexball/stability ball @ your desk, if possible, strengthen core - hamstring, quads, different ranges of motion); Ministers stay/get fit suggestions (do standing lunges or squats, get up & move around while on a call).
Get UP! with the SBBMS BoTHWF Crew - Kimberly Brown is Indie Gospel Recording Artist, American Heart Assoc Ambassador & Founder of "Get Up, Get Moving Now".
Send us your questions/comments before, during, after the broadcast. Join us on Twitter@GMNetwork, Facebook@GMNLiveTv, YouTube@GMNLiveTv or Instagram@GMNLiveTv -- SB Barber Morning Show with Apostle Shena SB Barber is produced by ShenaBarber.com and presented by GRACE Media Network.
It’s estimated there are over 1 million LGBT cancer survivors in the country today, and there’s reason to believe people in the LGBT community are carrying a disproportionate cancer burden. Health disparities in the LGBT community are caused by multiple factors that aren’t due to any physiological or genetic differences between lesbians and heterosexuals. Mark your calendars- my guest, Liz Margolies of The National LGBT Cancer Network will address the impact of stress, and the stigma of living with homophobia and discrimination that more than doubles the risk of lesbian’s developing cancer; to listen or comment call: 347-945-5853
Dr. Sadeaqua Scott obtained her Ph.D. in Molecular and Cellular Biology from SUNY Downstate Medical Center in 2011. She has over 14 years of experience working in various scientific research laboratories that study genetics, entomology, HIV, macro and molecular, environment, as well as cancer. Shortly after completing her dissertation Dr. Scott began working with her partner, George Leonard Bess who has been a practicing naturopathic healer for over 9 years. He has real-time research experience in reversing diagnosed physical and mental illnesses through his study of macro-environmental effects as it relates to the body’s microenvironment. He was recently awarded an Honorary Doctorate from the Aboriginal Medical Association of North America for his development of the break-through health paradigm entitled the Nutrient Retention Rate which Dr. Scott assisted in refining.
Join Show Hosts Dr. Adeliade Sanford and Mr. Kamau Jywanza for the next episode of the "Gift from the Elders to the Next Generation" on Monday October 6 @ 10AM. They'll be speaking with Sadeaqua Scott, PhD, Founder and CEO, Urban Health Science Initiative, Inc. and Mr. George Bess on:
What is the Urban Health Science Initiative?
Pertinent new information to the health of African Americans
With a culture of ignorance prevailing and unwillingness to address deep seated personal but obvious issues, how is the Black community going to acknowledge diseases and their severity as it pertains to the physiological dysfunction we see on a daily basis?
There have been recent polls that suggest the healh among our black and brown brothers is costing tax payers billions of dollare each year! But why? what are the reasons for these latest numbers and how did he health of African American and Hispanics get to be so vulnerable. Is by intent or just lack of proper nutrition. One things for sure we are going to get to the nitty gritty on this show and expose the truths of why things are still lop-sidded when we speak on inequality in this stubborn and selfish nation.
Each week Dr. Epley, D.C., C.C.W.P, and Dr. Gofourth, D.C. will discuss current health news and noteworthy studies, and their impact on our health. Our emphysis is primarily on toxicity and deficiency and how this stress negatively effects our health. Creating sufficency and eliminating toxicity by eating well, moving well, and thinking well can reverse the negative effects of stress and can lead to a lifetime of health and wellness
Health and diet advice you can trust...Susun Weed answers your health questions followed by an informative interview with Roberta Grimes. Roberta is an Austin-based business attorney who had two extraordinary experiences of light in childhood that prompted her to spend decades studying nearly 200 years of abundant and consistent communications from the dead. In 2010 she wrote The Fun of Dying - Find Out What Really Happens Next, updated just last year. A 2014 sequel, The Fun of Staying in Touch, details the many ways in which the dead give us signs of their survival and also some astonishing recent advances in the field of after-death communication. In 2017, Roberta will complete her trilogy with The Fun of Growing Forever, which will talk about the process of spiritual growth and the beyond-amazing realities that we enter at death. She blogs and answers questions at robertagrimes.com.
this episode Q&A includes:
• usnea- making and using tincture..
• elderberries- jam, jelly, tincture remedies for help prevent the flu and flu symptoms..
• cataracts- surgery for cataracts is so good these days- going for surgery? get really healthy first..
• you heal better if you're active..
• tendon, ligament, joint issues in hands and feet- comfrey, linden infusions- oak bark infusion soak..
• break your heart open to the part of yourself that needs nourishment- nourish these parts of ourselves or things get weird in our lives..
• inflammation? give a non pepper diet a try..
• oak bark infusion astringent and tannic- tighten up blood vessels..
• inner ear fluid- oak bark infusion used with neti pot..
• type 2 diabetes and nettle infusion..
Join Host Live Chats
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (35 chatters)
- SasquatchWatch Radio (24 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (20 chatters)
- AJC Radio (19 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (16 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (15 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (14 chatters)
- thelordshour (13 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (10 chatters)
- Papa Lou (9 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (8 chatters)
- D Hour Show (7 chatters)
- America Matters Radio (7 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (7 chatters)
- InThePaint (6 chatters)
- Underground Unsigned Unknown (6 chatters)
- Witch School (5 chatters)
- PWP Radio (5 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (4 chatters)
- Elucidating Life (4 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (4 chatters)
- TheExceptionalConservativeShow (4 chatters)
- American Statesman (3 chatters)
- Coffee Party USA (3 chatters)
- Bikers of America (2 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (2 chatters)
- All Fans Sports Radio (2 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- Lifeline with Cindy Sommer (2 chatters)
- entertainment-music-promotion- (2 chatters)
- SURN Host (2 chatters)
- The Larry Love Show (2 chatters)
- SandyRodgers (2 chatters)
- RLS Network (2 chatters)
- Shay Renae and Friends (2 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (1 chatters)
- ROADTOSTARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- The Madden Voice (1 chatters)
- Zaiyahs House (1 chatters)
- Twin Radio (1 chatters)
- Goldylocks Productions (1 chatters)
- Prophetic Message (1 chatters)
- Reach Out America (1 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (1 chatters)
- MichICAN Nightly Radio Show (1 chatters)
- OPWR (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- BFD Fantasy Football (1 chatters)
- Cubanarama (1 chatters)
- Curious Times (1 chatters)
- Enterpraisement Media Group (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (0 chatters)