SORT BY Relevancy
in Self Help
Q & A Night - You'll suggest the themes for tonight's show, which will involve any topic from the world of public safety, violence prevention, and child abuse and trauma. Special co-host Dr. Debra Warner, Psy.D., a Los Angeles based Forensic Psychologist will lead the discussion. ~~ NAASCA is pleased to announce that Debra will be making regular special co-host appearances on upcoming Tuesday night question-and-answer style community participation shows. An educator and violence prevention expert, Dr. Warner will assist SCAN host and NAASCA founder Bill Murray field questions and lead a variety of topic discussions suggested by our call-in participants. Debra's understanding of the issues of child abuse and trauma spring not only from a professional perspective, but also from a personal one. Multiple members of her own family have been victims of predators. She'll share how she's participated in their struggle with surviving and thriving. ~~ Everyone's invited to engage on tonight's show .. on the phone or in SCAN's ever-present community chat room. ~~ Please visit our website: www.NAASCA.org
Irene Thuku and Pst Lucy Chege will enlighten us on why an adult choses to stay in an abusive relationship even after going through emotional and physical scarring. They will give tips on how to deal with abusive situations. Listen live at: 8PM EDT, 7PM CDT, 6 PM MDT, 5 PM PDT: at 619-393-2852 or listen live/archived at: http://pinnacleofpraiseshow.com/new/
Thanks. Beatrice Ndura – Host
For a while, I have noticed a trend that has been alarming to me. Marriage is taking a downfall when weighed against other goals in life. Why is that? I’ve asked several people from the younger generation only to hear about the expense of delivering your heart to someone only to have them in a few years tear it into pieces. The feeling is that living with someone is less expensive emotionally and financially than signing a piece of paper committing a lifetime. Even those like Anthony D'Ambrosio, 29, of Wall who has written several successful relationship columns and tried marriage in 2012, now discusses why marriages just don't work for people of his generation. Today, June 2, 2015 Anthony D'Ambrosio is divorced. He addresses key points from his concept of why his generation can’t handle marriage. I would like to speak to his concerns from a spiritual perspective. Is it true that the current generation is not fit to handle marriage? Tonight, tune in to www.blogtalkradio.com/reflectionswithlynne at 7:30pm as we discuss why people of today’s generation and the gap “or perceived gap” in the idea of marriage. Call in to be a part of the audience. (347) 215-9556
On today's episode we examine a story out of Dallas where a church is trying its best to force a woman to stay with her pedophile husband, keep her in her marriage and stay a part of their congregation. When is enough really enough, and what does the Bible say about divorce? Jezebel (a controlling spirit) is alive and well in today's church. What is a Jezebel spirit? How does it function? Is it alive today among us, and how do we get rid of it?
in Self Help
Welcome to Music 4 Life® Radio where we power your potential and build mental fitness with music to mediate the life of your senses with the life of your Spirit. Licensed music therapist Judith Pinkerton takes you on a journey during June's national Professional Wellness month, exploring music's capability of supporting wellness strategies, interviewing professionals across the country. Today she tackles how to deal with work addiction, looking specifically at how to balance work with life, interviewing special guests Amy Lynn Frost, a Coach, Life Manager, Keynote Speaker, and Trainer.
Today's music choices are explored to understand how we use music to stay positively engaged in the game of life, discussing how to stay balanced when experiencing addiction to our work. Find our music recommendations and Judith's commentary at Music4LifeBLOG.
Learn how your personal music listening habits may reduce stress or build stress in Judith's TEDxTalk "Music Powers Potential: Building Mental Fitness." Discover what your music says about your health and how to adjust listening habits to significantly reduce anxiety in prescriptive formulas choosing music from all styles in the downloadable 2-hour accredited course Music Medicine Boot Camp.
special guest interview Mulan Benjamin aka Apostle Teresa Speaker to overcome.
1. Get outside. Our caveman friends saw lots of daylight; getting up at sunrise and going to sleep at sunset. Exposure to bright sunlight for 30 minutes a day either through sunlight or a light made for this, helps keep your internal clock set. T
2. Aerobic Exercise. 30 minutes at least 3 times a week means those ‘runner’s high’ endorphins get released regularly. It’s also a good way to work through and release stress.
3. Omega-3 fatty acids. 1,000 mg daily. Omega-3’s aid in the brain’s neuron connectivity. Enteric coated capsules help prevent burping the fishy tasting oil but you can also freeze thewhole grains), fish, free range meats, & vegetables and you’re good to go.
4. Sleep. Change your sleep routine so that it’s more conducive to a good night’s rest. Turn your lights down and go to bed at the same time everynight. . Avoid caffeine and alcohol.
5. Socialize. Remember the Amish farmer has his family and community to fall back on for support. There’s no reason you can’t too. Involve yourself with close friends and family.
6. Watch your thinking! Anti-rumination strategy is vital to breaking out of depression and other emotional ruts. Become aware of those times you dwell on the negatives in your life – both real or imagined – and stop them. It takes work and persistence but if you constantly tell yourself to ‘stop it’ you are building a positive habit that will change your life for the better. Whether it’s the jerk who cut you off in traffic or something a little closer to home, don’t give yourself the luxury of a negative thought.
in Self Help
Tonight's special guest is Elisabeth Corey from Richmond, Virginia, a returning NAASCA family member who is a survivor of severe childhood sex abuse and trafficking. She's here to talk about her new web site and services at: BeatingTrauma.com. "My childhood was not a childhood, she explains. "In my family, men had sex with little girls. It was our normal. It was our culture. And it was generational. My parents grew up with it. Their parents grew up with it. Most of the victims in our family didn't even remember it because the trauma caused memory loss. We were a family of traumatized individuals who were doing whatever it took to survive .. usually at the expense of the others." Elisabeth goes on, "My parents, uncles and grandparents started sexually abusing me when I was 2 years old. This was necessary to break me. I was indoctrinated in to a way of life. I was brainwashed. But there was a problem. As I got older, they realized I was a talker. They had not successfully broken me. I was actually telling people. The good news for them .. nobody believed me." Over the years, Elisabeth has worked with many organizations on advocacy, and now offers services herself at BeatingTrauma.com. She focuses on trauma theory, research and practice, but from a survivor perspective. She includes interviews with other survivors and guest blog posts from clinicians.
in Self Help
In this episode, we will explore tools and tips to overcoming the after effects of divorce and opening one's self up again to love and happiness.
ABOUT THE GUESTS
Shuntai Beauguard received her Master’s Degree in Family Life Studies from Spring Arbor University, Spring Arbor, Michigan. Currently, Shuntai is a Master’s level Professional Counseling Student at Lib-erty University, Lynchburg, Virginia. Shuntai provides counseling for adolescents, teenagers, women, Shuntai’s approach is an ec-lectic mix of Cognitive Behavior Therapy complemented with Fam-ily Systems, Narrative and Solution Focused Brief Therapy.
Shuntai believes that each client is unique therefore various thera-peutic approaches are necessary to effectively meet the clients treatment needs. Shuntai is a published author and Marriage & Family media contributor: regular appearances on WJRT-TV ABC 12 News, WEYI NBC 25 News & Women 2 Women of Michigan Magazine.
Dan Farnow is a former athiest who came to Christ in his latter years of college. Since, he has grown in a relationship with Him and with His help has overcome many great challenges. He has spent multiple years in church leadership, assisted in leading in healing ministries, and currently runs and teaches a small group in his church. He has also written the book "The Quest For Marriage," which is an off-beat, unorthodox, humorous, and no-holds-barred guide for guys of going about a Christian relationship and getting married.
in Self Help
Tonight, 6/2/2015, Host, Psychologist & Certified Natural Healthcare Practitioner Parthenia Izzard talks with Beverly Potter, author of, The Worrywart's Companion: Twenty-one ways to soothe yourself and worry smart. Sign-up For Our Newsletter. Wellness help now! Blood Type specific supplements!
We present a new guest each week live on Tuesdays who is a representative from the world of alternative medicine therapies [nutrition, meditation, yoga, energy medicine, acupressure, iridology], related products [organic teas, supplements, technology], and issues [aging, lifestyle changes, relationships, healthcare]. They will share their expertise and wisdom. On Wednesday and Thursday we rebroadcast special programs and have open discussions on hot topics. We want to lead you to a healthier way of life physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Visit my BLOG.
Spiritual Warfare: How To Defeat That Demon Called Satan
Have you ever wonder why it seem you just can't get ahead in life especially in the areas of finances, relationships, rearing children, getting along with parents and your siblings, addictions of any kind, and whatever else that may be hindering you from being happy? It is called Spiritual warfare.
The day has come when God’s people must walk in such a close, intimate relationship with Christ that they KNOW His voice, or they will be deceived by false teachers and prophets and be led astray.
Join us every Tuesday night at 8:00pm EST to learn how to DEFEAT THIS DEMON called SATAN. Dial 714-816-4636 and you are live on the air with Prophetess DyAnne Dempsey or listen via internet by going to: www.blogtalkradio.com/woman2womantalkingtomen. If you miss the live broadcast, please go to my Facebook page: Prophetess DyAnne Dempsey and listen to the recorded broadcast. I pray God will bless, heal and deliver all that listens to this message. Thank you for your support!!!
Grab your Bible!! Tonight we will be discussing: Solomon-Wisdom or Foolishness?
Survey of 1 Kings Chapters 1-12; Ecclesiastes 7:28
and 2 Chronicles 7:14
1. Youngest Son of David, love child
2. Prays for Wisdom-gets wisdom, favor, riches, long life
3. A great Judge, teacher
4. Builds the Temple
6. Revered by World Leaders
7. Too many women turns his heart away from God.
8. A prayer of repentance, revival, and restoration.
Real People, Real Life, Real Answers with Pastor A F Riggins focuses on spiritual growth and airs every Tuesday evening from 7:00-8:20 p.m. Grab your Bible!
We stress the power of our relationship with God through Christ and not religious traditions or arguments. Real People, Real Life and Real Answers...how to make Sunday relevant on Monday, Tuesday and the rest of the week.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (422 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (57 chatters)
- ANGRYFANS RADIO 1 (50 chatters)
- MIKE MILLZ RADIO (38 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (31 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (28 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (27 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (22 chatters)
- Curious Times (22 chatters)
- SasquatchWatch Radio (21 chatters)
- WYMS Radio (20 chatters)
- Odwirafo (18 chatters)
- thelordshour (14 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (12 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (12 chatters)
- in5d (10 chatters)
- SURN Host (10 chatters)
- AlyBlue Media (9 chatters)
- iCandiRadio (8 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (8 chatters)
- Fresh Fire Prayer LineBrother Kay (7 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (7 chatters)
- All Fans Sports Radio (7 chatters)
- Witch School (7 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (6 chatters)
- The Element of Magick (5 chatters)
- Father Teresa (5 chatters)
- InThePaint (5 chatters)
- NDB Media (3 chatters)
- Life Conversations (3 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (3 chatters)
- Rated G Radio (3 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (3 chatters)
- RLS Network (3 chatters)
- Ed Boston Podcast (3 chatters)
- IDECLAIR (3 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (3 chatters)
- THEE ALMIGHTY ALLSUNDARA (3 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (3 chatters)
- WorldOfInkNetwork (3 chatters)
- Talking Smooth Jazz (3 chatters)
- The Goddess Suite (2 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (2 chatters)
- AACONS (2 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (2 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (2 chatters)
- Rainbow Warrior GodDess (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- Levitating Mindsets Network (1 chatters)
- Mets Public Record (1 chatters)
- Real1Talk1 (1 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)
- Zaiyahs House (1 chatters)
- UP AND DOWN MAGAZINE RADIO23 (1 chatters)